Register now to get rid of these ads!

melbourne, need help with shoebox club rego

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by manchild, Jun 8, 2012.

1. manchild

manchild

hi all ,my names matt and I've been chipping away at my single spinner for a couple years now, I imported it from California and have been having a hard time with getting a road worthy due to mods that were done by previous owner, and not having the cash to start again and get it all engineered, i got it with the chassis notched and airbags out back, 302 and aod trans and some sketchy floor hacked and patched up. all of which has been cleaned up ,I have pulled the bags out and put new leafs in and fixed up floors, and it drives and stops sweet. the whole car has pretty much been gone through and made safe to drive

Im just after some help with finding a club and getting the spinner on club rego and avoid having to start over again and have everything certified by an engineer,and meet some like minded folk as none of my pals really fuck round with cars from his era, any help or advice with this from any melbourne crew would be massively appreciated !!!!!

cheers, Matt

Attached Files:

2. You dont have to be in a club for sr rego , but you need to be in the ASRF .I,ve got a sr reg spinner pm me if you want more help.

3. Ok so we have talked over a few beers and find under new rules SR plates are now pre 49 only , you will be on H plates which means you will need to be in the ASRF & join a club . Sorry about the mix up its hard to keep up with all this shit....

4. flatoz

flatoz

even SR plates now needs an engineers report, so you sort of can't get away from it if you go that path, the other path would be historic plates, but with a 302 you probably don't meet the requirements.

JC bonneville is the current trusted engineer for the SR scheme and my understanding is that he's the only one vicroads is happy to accept to approve SR plates, apprently others were being sorted out, but that was the last I knew and thats only about a month old. as GC says, you don't need to be in a club just an individual member of ARSEF

I'm not sure if you get off the RWC if you go SR permit ( its not registration at all but a permit scheme) my old man used Bonneville very recently and required a RWC but that was full rego not SR permit, but he sort of assessed the car in two steps, as in ok for SR and ok for full rego.

theres not a lot of clubs this side of Melbourne

5. echnidna

echnidna
    from Australia

You really need to be on an aussie forum for advice about australian engineering and Victorian club rego.

The link is to www.ozrodders.com which is an open forum frequented by members from various clubs Australia wide. There is also a "companion" online club "www.oz-e-rodders.com" which meets on a private section of the main website. They are like most other forums, friendly and helpful with the odd smartypants. :)

6. mcdonald

mcdonald
    from Australia

Hi Matt if you are interested in our meeting it is on Wednesday nite in Thomastown and over half of our club members have club rego the club is the Northern Suburbs Street Rods and the meeting is held at Nick Ascenzo Community Centre Hall in Thomastown.

7. cheapracer

cheapracer
    from China

Not a chance Mate, if we let that on the road we know you will sell drugs to schoolchildren, carry automatic rifles and rape babies.

Yours sincerely,

Anthony Albanese MP
    Minister for Infrastructure and Transport
    Leader of the House

8. Dude did you mean Loser of the House hahaha

Rat

9. manchild

manchild

fark dude, being a gun wielding drug dealing baby raper would be way easier than getting a road worthy in Victoria!

10. manchild

manchild

hey mcdonald, cheers for the heads up ,i'm only 5 mins up the road from thomastown i'll come along on wednesday for sure !

11. manchild

manchild

thanks for the info guys ,i've looked into the sr permit but it definitely still involves a road worthy cert, i will probably look up this bonneville cat anyways.

cheers, matt

12. good to see some more older stuff in the preston area good luck with it.

13. Ryan272

Ryan272
    from Australia

Hahahaha so true.
    How'd you go trying to get rego, any updates?
    I'm currently talking to an engineer about engine swap and a few other bits and pieces, quite a ways off from worrying about rego just yet though..

14. aus50ford

aus50ford
    from land of oz

we need a Melb spinner club ....

15. Then start one! Dont wait for 'someone else to do it.

16. Buddy Palumbo

Buddy Palumbo

Nice '49 - I hope you get things sorted ...

17. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

i thought it was hard to get rego when i lived in sale
    back in the mid 70's......guess it hasn't gotten any easier....
    thought it might.......still can't find a decent counter tea
    here in minnesota..hahahahahahaha