Register now to get rid of these ads!

1932 plymouth coupe

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Lroy E, Aug 29, 2012.

1. Lroy E

Lroy E
    from NorCal

I am not clear on all the differences between the 32 Plymouth coupe models? pa, pb, ect.

2. ram-rod

ram-rod

Do a google search for mike Tipton, tin man 32 dodge. He will help you.

3. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

I know about some of the engine differences if that interests you. PB is counterweighted and has steel backed flash Babbitt mains that easily can be replaced with modern inserts

4. As for the bodies, both were 3 windows.......the PA had a tall roof line similar to a model A and an oval rear window. PB had suicide doors and a lower roof line. Both are really good looking cars.

5. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Good luck with your projects! I have a 1931 plymouth pa , check out my posts and my friends 80% 0f them are early Mopar. Joe

6. Fjant

Fjant
    from Sweden

you can find some information here http://www.ply33.com/models/

the model PA is the same as -31 and in -32 it had the name Thrift added, the model is more like Ford model A with a vertical windshield and sunwiser. The model PB is mor like Ford -32. Thats the once that were built in -32 as far as I know.

7. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

wheelbase is different, even axle size is different. Brakes drums won't interchange. Really sucks

8. The PA is a four cylinder, the PB is a six. (ooops that was a wrong statement) Here are the two different cars...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
  9. F&J

F&J

John, It's been 25 years since I had my PB conv coupe, and I did rebuild the motor myself....and I think it was a 4 cyl?

10. Maybe I am thinking of the PC for 1933. Sorry. In any case, the photos do show the differences in their styles.

11. F&J

F&J

12. Meyer

Meyer

I am working on my uncle's 32 PA right now. 4 door.

Try plymouthbulletin.com alot of scanned .pdf type stuff there

13. That one is a 1933 DeLuxe Six Plymouth Convertible Coupe. One of 4,596 built. The book called "The Plymouth and DeSoto Story" by Don Butler has some great early Plymouth information in it, although I have seen some incorrect stuff in it.

14. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Just in case you forgot what a PB looks like, here is the very rare factory Super Stock '32 Plymouth

Attached Files:

15. OldBlueOval

OldBlueOval
    from Upstate NY

Man!! I wish I had that motor!! :)

16. st.rod

st.rod

"The 32' PB is the one you want". Built to compete with Henry and only built 6 months the 31 PA the same as a 32 PA

Larry