Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheapest Transport companies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by KarKrazy56, Aug 27, 2012.

1. KarKrazy56

KarKrazy56
    from NJ

What are the cheapest transport companies? Open or Flatbed? Thx

2. Marcy

Marcy

Like anything else cheap often does not mean good.
    If price is your only concern put it on USHIP and let people bid for it.
    If time or care for the vehicle are at all important check the HAMB O DEX---some great haulers on here.

Marcy

3340 likes this.
  3. F&J

F&J

Brokers are the cheapest, but lots of the time, they won't even know where you car is, or if it's sitting in a transfer lot, or what State it's in. But they will come up with a good answer :)

4. I used Intercity to ship a truck from CA to CT earlier this year. Their price for enclosed transport beat some other companies for open transport. The driver was very professional, the truck got here when they said it would. Definitely would use them again.

5. hillbilly4008

hillbilly4008
    from Rome NY

I used Dependable Auto Shippers to ship a massive rig from Oregon to New York. They were trustworthy, fairly priced, and you can track your car from the second they pick it up.

6. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Two transports for me. One flawless from BenD here on the HAMB. The other was on a multicar transport. Rubbed a hole in the oil pan. Delivered at night, they drove it off the truck. Ruined the motor. So, cheaper?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2012
  7. Cheapest can be the most expensive

If you want a promise of cheap transport then contact
    one of the thousands of auto transport brokers who will
    tell you want you want to hear - charge you a deposit
    for attempting to fill the quote they gave you

Industrywide independent customer feedback rates
    brokered auto transport at 70% to 80% satisfaction
    rate with the (3) top complaints being

Cost exceeded
    Timeframe exceeded
    Damage

You get what you pay for - you may not like what you get
    but remember - its' what you paid for .... :cool:

Jim

8. I went cheap,got a shoebox with a damaged roof and wasnt reimbursed for it.
    Goodluck

9. dragsled

dragsled
    from Panama IA

I used Bill's Auto Works and BenD hooked me up with Marcy to haul some chassis, both were around the same price, both were Great to work with, always knew where my cars were, Both are HAMB members, And when you consider fuel prices ,time , labor , Both were cheap to me Tim Jones

10. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Bingo.

Bill's Auto Works likes this.
  11. Truckedup

Truckedup

I used brokers 3 times with zero problems.By no problems I mean the car came reasonably on time and no damage but communication wasn't their strong suit.And got those brokers by posting an ad on U Ship.Those were O/T newer Jeeps.Last time for an old non runner I was unable to makes arrangements for my schedule with the HAMB haulers.I talked to a local guy with a roll back..he knew a guy etc....expensive but fast and pain free.Expensive being the same price as the HAMB haulers,it's what you pay for non running single car hauling door to door.
    So....the HAMB haulers get good feedback,ask them first.

12. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

RacinmanRick has taken care of me several times

13. Hnstray

Hnstray
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Quincy, IL

Fast

Cheap

High Quality

You can usually get two of the three.............rarely all three..........choose the two most important to you..........

Ray

Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    belair likes this.
  14. We watched in amazement when the guy picked up a coupe,the new owner in California told us the guy he had contracted to pick up the coupe and was 1,200 dollars cheaper than racinman here on the hamb..

I know Rick and I know how he treats the cars, like they belong to him and believes in keeping the client aware of where he is daily and hauls open and closed but I couldn't convene this guy there are reasons why one transporter cost more,it was a waste of time.

So we were told the guy would be here Wednesday around lunch time so we took half a day off to meet the driver,he never showed up and never answered the number we were given.

We got a call from the broker on Saturday and he said his driver had broke down and they were sending another driver and he would be there on Sunday...Sunday comes and goes and no one showed up and no phone call..we are getting pissed!

Then on Tuesday a neighbor calls and said there is a guy at your house with a trailer looking for you,so I left work and went to the house where I met a Russian that spoke a little broken English,I looked at the double axle trailer with rust and no fenders fenders O knew buy the time it reached California there were going to be rock chips all over the car.

This guy was about the most inept dipsh!t I have ever had to deal with.

3 weeks later I get a call telling me I had lied about the paint and the windshield had a crack,I told him to look closely at the paper that was filled out and signed by me and the driver that indicated any defects,seems the driver didn't give him the one I signed but a different one with my name forged.

I sent him a copy of the original and never heard another word.

I nor the buyer would not have had any of these issued with any of the HAMB haulers.

There are 3 Hamb haulers that have a impeccable reputation and I would highly recommend these guys.

I have used racingman Rick several times, Rick is a friend and I have known him for 40 years and we live just a few miles from each other so he gets the first call,but Bill's Auto Works and BenD are both first class guys that I would highly recommend.

All 3 get my stamp.

[​IMG]

You can get cheap and you can get good but good & cheap doesn't exist. HRP

Last edited: Feb 11, 2017
    Bill's Auto Works, RICH B and Hnstray like this.
  15. No such thing as a "free lunch".
    One way or another, the "cheapie owner" looking for a "deal" will certainly be a prime candidate to be screwed over ..... then that same "cheapie owner" will start a thread here, with the haulers name in bold type, as the bad guy.
    Go with guys you can trust .... look in the H.A.M.B. O DEX.

Hnstray likes this.
  16. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Conjures up a quote by astronaut John Glenn

"As I hurtled through space, one thought kept crossing my mind - every part of this rocket was supplied by the lowest bidder"

HOTRODPRIMER and Hnstray like this.
  17. That's a real sobering thought, as you're clicking along at 20,000 MPH !