Register now to get rid of these ads!

Tri-Five chevy message board you'd recommend?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 2Tony, Feb 22, 2010.

1. 2Tony

2Tony
    from Austin, TX

The HAMB has been very informative and entertaining, and I'm wondering if there's anything like it specificly for tri-five chevys (I'm doing a lot of work on a '56). Anyone's thoughts and experiences with various boards out there is appreciated!

2. mac762

mac762

Try the Two Lane Blacktop forum. You do like Two Lane Blacktop, don't you?

3. squirrel

squirrel

There's probably more guys with tri 5s on this forum than any other? just because there are so many members here.

But there is nothing like the HAMB anywhere else.

4. Nomadness

Nomadness

5. oj

oj

When i was doing the 56 Nomad i tried all the other forums (i think) and found this one to be the best and most informative.

6. 37dodge

37dodge

I use Trifive.com with pretty good results.

7. -DMC-

-DMC-
    from Ohio

As Nomadness replied...Chevytalk is a great forum site. They have a section for all makes and models and years of chevies.

But they have a great section for tri-5's. A section for stock and one for modified. And now have one for nomads even. They also have a section for ebay/craigslist etc tri5 stuff too.

I have used the site on and off for years. From removing window trim/weather stripping to anything you need. Just sign up and you are set...copy n paste...http://www.chevytalk.org/fusionbb/showforum.php?fid/7/<style></style>

8. 55chevr

55chevr

Tough to beat the hamb ... Joe

9. 6inarow

6inarow

10. henry29

henry29

11. I used to frequent the ChevyTalk forum but it,s like me hangin around a sports bar...just ain't right.

12. T-Roy

T-Roy

Agreed... Though I do occasionally lurk there and the Tri-Five forums for information.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2010
  13. Kerry67

Kerry67

It is a cool site but don't expect reply's like you get here. Threads go a long time before they get a reply sometimes. This is the best place for answers.

14. ChevyTalk has great people with good information. That said, the forum itself is poor and has the worst search feature I've found.

15. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

If you are looking for detailed info and quick response regarding 55-57 Chev specifics, there is no better forum than chevytalk.com in my opinion.

The search works fine once you learn to use the advanced functions.

16. 2Tony

2Tony
    from Austin, TX

Thanks for the feedback, everyone....very cool and helpful!

17. The HAMB is the best, but Tri-five is cool too.

18. I go to tri-five some times (same name there) but The HAMB is like home with alotta good guys and like Kerry said it can take a while for a answer,I use the other sometimes lookin for parts

19. brad chevy

brad chevy

The HAMB is alot better for the builder and mechanically inclined people,ChevyTalk seems to have more car guys that bought cars already finished so knowhow is lacking.There still is a few guys on there that are Chevy Gurus though.

20. 56sedandelivery

56sedandelivery
    Member Emeritus

I'm, a member on ChevyTalk.Org, Tri-Five.Com, and of course, JALOPYJOURNAL.COM (notice which one is in all caps!) I'm more plane Jane, utlitarian, basic, so this site fits better. Plus, the info is "broader", no so model specific. The other 2 sites are great for specific make/year/model. I rate the in order, J.J., C.T., T.F. Butch/56sedandelivery.

21. FNG

FNG
    from New Jersey
    1. HAMB Relays

If you want information from people who don't have their heads stuck up certain parts of their anatomy then stay right here. If you want My Way is the only way then go to Tri-Five.com

22. Tejas

Tejas
    from Texas

you dug up a two year old thread to post this idiotic comment?

23. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

I agree, it's a good one.

24. davidbistolas

davidbistolas

Do noobs resurrect 2 year old posts on Tri-Five.com? Original thread was from 2010 guys...

25. Jay Tyrrell

Jay Tyrrell

I think that you have already found the site man. Lots of good info and step by step help here. trifive forum is good because lots of manuals and how to articles. But lots of guys that can't explain things because they don't do there own work. the 2 lane site is shit. Just a bunch of guys all worshipping bunch of shit and kissing the owners ass.

26. barryvanhook

barryvanhook
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Mesa, AZ

Y'know, it sorta depends on what you are looking for. If you are looking for info on mods up through the 60's-early 70's, say through the 327 era, then this is the place to be. But it you might want significant suspensions mods, LSx transplants, efi conversions, etc., then try either trifive.com or chevytalk.org. Do what I do ... read 'em all.

Barry

27. Gas Giant

Gas Giant

I'm a member of trifive.com and the HAMB (obviously) and both sites have knowledgeable people on them. Like Barry said, hang out on both of them.

28. Gator

Gator

Says the guy with his head stuck up his ass. :rolleyes: