Register now to get rid of these ads!

getting married next month...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodderhaag, Aug 25, 2012.

1. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

So, I'm gonna settle down and tie the knot.. 25 years old.. my soon to be wife , best woman ever made,looks at me and says "wish we had an old car to drive off in". What a girl... Some one needs to start a Damn rental service for some classy old cars... Tried to get my uncle from Kentucky with his chop topped 30 model a, or his 36 Chevy coupe to lend a hand... No luck... Guess we will have to try and survive with no old car.

2. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

Don't let her eat the wedding cake....

Also could do like Chris on here and use the wedding as a goal to get a car done.

Best of luck

3. raidmagic

raidmagic

good luck with the wedding. Congrats

4. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

My condolences!

5. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

I just mentioned to her that the wedding is gonna have to wait on a car....... If looks could kill I be long gone! Ha but she smiled

6. BettyBlue

BettyBlue

My car was delivered 4 days AFTER the wedding. I got it delivered this past Wed.

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

8. There are a couple of companies in Los Angeles that rent old cars for weddings etc. I bet between getting a "livery" license and insurance it is a difficult business. Remember that these old cars are not "safe" in the mind of someone that grew up never seeing a car without seat belts. The best bet is to find a friend with a car to do it as a favor. If someone accepts money for doing the work (a commercial use) there is usually a lot of problems with their insurance coverage.

Charlie Stephens

9. You can't possibly have the best woman cause I already got her at my house!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

10. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Congrats!!!!---Here's our wedding car 61 years ago Oct.1951.---:D:D

Attached Files:

11. My best advice is the same as my Dad gave me when I first married,,,",Son"he says."dont ever fight with something that gets bigger everytime you hit it"...

12. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

LOL! thats great guys...... i would love a chauffeur. i wouldnt ever wanna drive some one elses car. with my luck. something would happen... we will see what happenS!! just a few more weeks!

:)

13. toddwith2ds

toddwith2ds
    from AZ

Is your wife on here too?

14. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

mines not,, wel.l she sits beside me and watches me poke around on here all the time..

15. Congrats anyway heres to the end of your life haha

16. 49F1Jeff

49F1Jeff
    from Oregon

I agree with the others, see if you find someone who is willing to drive you in their car. You could buy them a full tank of gas and a 12 pack of their favorite beverage. Heck, lots of guys would even do it for an invite to the reception. :)

Oh, and welcome to the world of marriage. We just passed 24 years and I am looking forward to another 50+ years. (No, my wife isn't watching me type this). ;)

17. Congrats neighbor, I am also gettin hitched, although later on in the end of September, and my wife to be and I have a problem on the completely different side of the scale. We have too many cars to choose from. My father in law (K. Arban) has his 31 Ford Model A, grandfather in law (R. Cass) has his custom 39 Ford Convertible Coupe and 51 Mercury, and I just bought from a friend of the family a 1938 Oldsmobile which most likely will not be road ready by the time our wedding rolls around. :( Anyway, congrats again hotrodderhaag.
    Adam H.
    G31270Oldsmobile1938

18. hotrodderhaag

hotrodderhaag

Thanks guys! I'm excited .. can't wait... She's into the cars too... She has been driving my dads 74 scamp and my uncles 73 duster.... And she says she wants something older !

19. oldcarguygazok

oldcarguygazok
    from AUSTRALIA.

You have my deepest sympathy !

20. liljonny

liljonny
    from menifee,ca

Congrats! And when u get a car put it your name only! :D

21. GregCon

GregCon
    from Houston

Statistics show that single men live longer - but married men are more willing to die.

22. n.z.rodder

n.z.rodder

I'm gonna tell Sacha on you. Even tho you're right, I'm still tellin'.

Scotty.