Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Philly/ SE PA guys Check In!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by StukaBomber55, Aug 7, 2012.

1. Van Dutch

Van Dutch

you seem to be a man of eclectic interests--tradtional and not so much. You might enjoy a trip down to Langhorne Pa in September for the Hot Rod Hoedown. Very kitchy scene, a few tradtionals but also a car show with everything from pre-70 art cars to antique campers, a flea market, custom bicycle choppers, rockabilly bands, etc. Lots of the stuff traditionalist hate, but pretty fun weekend if weather is good.

2. pnevells

pnevells

Perkasie PA checking in

3. Koz

Koz

Check with Eddie Wass. He's in media, 610-566-7107. I havn't seen them around in a while but the best shop in the biz and very reasonable for great work.

4. 66cayne

66cayne

Great, will do...

5. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Hello fellow HAMB'ers. I'm in the Narberth PA for the last 35 years. Prior to that I lived in Philly. I guess I'm officially just a voyeur since right now I don't own anything older than the '90's (1990's not 1890's) but I'm actively shopping for a roadster. See you guys around.

6. Nick,

I grew up in Narberth- what street are you on? My folks still live right behind the movie theater!

7. StukaBomber55

StukaBomber55

Made it to wheels of time by 1pm on Sunday and was disappointed to see that pretty much all the vendors had packed up except for the craft booths. Most of the cars had left and I didn't see a single 55 Plymouth. My fiancé had been asking me for weeks what my car would look like restored and i had hoped to point one out.

Talked with the guys from Poor bastards CC and had a pretty good time.

I'm Definetly going to Catch up with you locals guys soon. I'm fired up to get this thing inspected already!

8. fryguy

fryguy

Coventry Pa, checking in. South side of Pottsvegas.

9. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Sorry Mac, I just came back to see your question. I live on Avon Rd, near the end by Oak Rd. Been in this house since 1978; back then I drove down Avon Rd, saw it was lined with huge Sycamore trees and said "hey, this is a real nice street", saw the house for sale, bought it :)

If you're back visiting your parents, PM me here and hopefully I'll notice it soon enough and I can buy you a beer at one of the pubs here.

10. No worries, Nick- I'll give you a shout next time I'm in town!

11. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

I was looking for something else and re-stumbled on this thread. So I'm here to update my status to a '32 (Brookville) roadster owner.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  12. speedfreek155

speedfreek155

Checking in , formerly from Passyunk Ave in SW Philly , in Cape May now .

13. 66cayne

66cayne

Tom from Glen Mills, Pa. here. Who in the area can do good machine work and build a big block Chevy (496 ci)??

14. NickJT

NickJT
    from S.E. PA

Do you know if Nick's Roast Beef on 20th & Jackson is still good? I think I'll try it tomorrow and find out since I haven't been there in years. Talk about "traditional" they've been there since 1938!

[​IMG]