Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Nostalgia Gold Cup Drags 2012 - Pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dave_D, Aug 21, 2012.

1. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

Awesome pics dave! Thanks

2. superprojoe

superprojoe
    from Illinois

Looked like a awesome time....thanks for sharing pics!:D

3. Rick how does a guy go about getting in contact Jim, I sure do like picture 123..lol http://jvm.smugmug.com/Racing/The-Gold-Cup-Empire-Dragway-NY/24909269_5n3hn7#!i=2040018992&k=4rbM5Zd

4. goodturn

goodturn

We have been at both Gold Cups, and they are a great event. Your photos show it like it is. By the way, that 550 Coupe took home the cash on Sunday, and the payouts were very generous!

5. A-Wall

A-Wall

I could look at pics like that all day!!! thanks!

6. Hey Goodturn, thanks for mentioning my win. It was really great but I didn't do it alone. After winning a few rounds and it looked like I had a shot, some fellow racers that were already out helped me prep the car between rounds. That's the really cool part of the Gasser Racing Series. I'm still kinda floatin'.

7. That's why I called you, to see if your big head had returned to normal yet...ha ha ha

Congrats again on winning the Gold Cup Art !

8. gasserdan

gasserdan

YOU ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks

9. truckjunky24

truckjunky24

Best Pic. I' ve seen in a long time! Thanks for posting them!!

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

that would've been fun to see,thanks for the great pics!

11. goodturn

goodturn

Art.. You beat my 33W Willys in the 3rd round:eek: and I was at your pit cheering for you when the 57 Chevy broke. Congratulations, again!!!!:D

12. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Great pics. Thanks a ton for sharing!

13. storm king

storm king

14. This was Saturday's winner in Nostalgia Gas

15. Sunday's Nostalgia Gas winner, 371 Olds with 6 deuces

16. daliant

daliant

17. That white falcon sprint gasser is bitchin cool

18. Call it "piss poor" marketing.

It's not the public's fault if they didn't know about it.

19. Ford Freak

Ford Freak

20. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Couldn't be there, but totally hyped with the photos. Thanks!

Great stuff from top to bottom....................

21. The Promoter is too concerned with letting their gasser buddies know that they don't care about anything else. That's why the only people in the stands are racers and the people that came with them.

No media coverage, no local newspapers, not one of the many TV stations in the area, no radio spots, no flyers at the local car shows, nothing! The only coverage that I saw was an ad in one of the small market gasser magazines, a local website (that if you don't know about it you won't see it), some flyers passed out to a "select" group at a few events and word of mouth.

So I ask you.... Why are the stands empty?

Now the "Sunday Niagara" event has had TV commercials, radio commercials, flyers passed out at car shows etc. Unfortunately, for reasons I won't mention here, they have been unfairly blackballed.

22. alumslot

alumslot

Looked like a great day of racing. Thanks for the pictures.

Jim

23. and you call me a village idiot

24. hasty

hasty

Nice pictures, thank you!

25. What!

Did I say something that wasn't true or did I just let that cat outta the bag?

26. Please, all you like to do is start drama and stir shit Greg. From whatever thread you chime in on. Hell from one wire alternator threads to gasser nose down threads, even the moderators said you were over dramatic.
    When you were racing with the Gasser Series you talked crap about Lancaster and the owner. Once you started stirring the pot in the series about every little thing and decided not to race with them you bad mouth them and jump back to Lancaster.
    Remember when you got banned from here and came back with a different user name ? I've asked you this question in the past, why does a guy that owns a pro-street nova wagon and a tube chassis bbc pontiac fiero have anything to do with a nostalgia car forum ?
    Why are you here ??????

27. You know you've been proven wrong about me and about me and the B.S. about Lancaster and a certain GRS member by the Mods already. I've shown you the proof and I'll PM it to anybody. The bottom line is that truth always overcomes bullshit and the truth always hurts more than the bullshit stories.

It's you that is the closet drama queen.

F.Y.I.: My past '57 Buick, '60 Catalina, '61 T-Bird, '62 Grand Prix, '62 Catalina and '63 & '64 Impalas fit this bill so go find something better to do than go out of your way to discredit someone. Oh and let's keep it on topic and traditional please.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2012
  28. Anyone can check your posts by clicking on your user name, there's a huge difference between yours and mine. I could delete this post in five minutes from now and there will be no history of it, funny how that works.

Back to the Nostalgia Gold Cup , everyone loved it but you and you didn't even attend. Some how you know everything about it though, go figure.
    It's sad that you decided to not attend and join the fun, you missed out.