Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Western Maryland St Rod Roundup 10 days away

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigbob55, Aug 21, 2012.

1. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Whose going this year? Allegany County Fairgrounds Friday 8/31 through Sunday 9/2 (Labor Day weekend) Cumberland MD

Great Venue (beautiful area) Cars/trucks to 72....Many early rods (Guesstimate 400-500) it's a great show, plenty to do and see, and an enjoyable time for the entire family. A great place to kick back and enjoy the hobby, cars and people without the big show hassles

Look for the HAMB Banner at Moonlight Movies vendor booth...near the midway Sign the banner, get 20% discount on any item at my booth

2. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Have a Straub,with Bob?!
    What movies are gonna be on the small screens buddy?

3. I'll be there. Need to get some new garage entertainment from you.

4. Clark

Clark

Would not miss it!!!!!

I think I'm bringing the little V8 modified.
    Clark

5. PA-Comet

PA-Comet

Don't miss the 40th anniversary of the show.

Where else can you see rod jousting?

Attached Files:

• 265.JPG
      265.JPG
      File size:
      218.5 KB
      Views:
  6. Sir Woosh

Sir Woosh

Me be there...............

Took off work to get there early.................

P.S. Bring along pics of the 55 Chevy you spread terror with...........lol

7. sawzall

sawzall

yep.. bringing the olds wagon.. ;-)

8. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

We can put anything you want in the players Ranunculous....Hot Rod, Two Lane, Dirty Mary Crazy Larry Got a few new Drag videos too. You bring the beer I'll bring the movies, we'll split the popcorn.

9. twink

twink

I have been going since the 80,s, And will be there for sure!

10. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I'm bringing the 55 photos Woosh...plus I got a ton of collectibles for you to gaze upon for your beautiful gameroom

11. I haven't been for about 18 years...used to go every year. I guess I'll make plans for next year. I wonder why I stopped going? Hmmmmm...

You all have fun!

Murph
    :cool:

12. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Stop by this year Murph....We'll treat you right! Even if you bring the daily late model and walk the day....If there was only one event a year I could do this would be it.

13. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

I recognize that green machine Twink. I'm the fat lil movie guy with the beard that lives on South Park Rd. Stop by and shoot the breeze Saturday

14. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Intro yourself Dehartcarl when you get there....Hambers get a discount if I know they are members, I'll treat you right

15. Bob's the man! The only man with awesome old school videos for sale.

Pay him a visit, he'll have beer and great old videos!

What's the "Saturday Night at the Movies" feature going to be Bob? Probably more Nitros from Hell?!?! Ha Ha!

Good luck at the meet buddy!

16. monkeywrenching

monkeywrenching
    from maryland

I plan on going this year for sure. I missed last year and will be gone for Fall Carlise, so this will get me through the winter. I might even get the wife to go.....

17. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

This has been a long running event for me waddaycare, it's the 40th anniversary this year and I believe I have been there 18 years running. Don;t sell a ton but it makes expenses and is such a nice laid back low pressure event to do I would go even if not vending....well rounded, the host club is great, plenty to do and see (even for the wife) and this time of year the fairgrounds and surrounding area are beautiful. I stay in Grantsville MD, the amish style food is great...as you can gather it's one of my all around favorite events.

18. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Sure hope the weather holds?

19. T McG

T McG
    from Phoenix

My favorite event ever, too bad I live 2000 miles away now.

20. ........If you leave now you'll get there with time to spare.:)

21. legend

legend
    from Irwin PA

1st time going as a participant. :D Going with a buddy whose been there before.
    Sound like a good time.

22. Is there anything going on in the Cumberland/surrounding area on Friday night? I know about Frostburg Thursday and the Super Cruise Sat, but what about Friday???

23. bigbob55

bigbob55
    from Pittsburgh

Being wrapped up all day long with vending I can't answer the question of what goes don outside the fairgrounds Travj31....maybe someone could chime in here and answer your question. Usually by the time I leave in the evening the only thing I am looking for is a hot shower and cold sheets at the Casselman Inn !!

24. drivewaycustoms

drivewaycustoms
    from waldorf,MD

We're going up sat. morning, looking forward to camping. Last time I camped there I was 14 (24yrs ago)

25. johnnylonghair

johnnylonghair

packin as we speak. be there from sunday on. never miss this show

26. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Fellas,there are gonna be $1,000 cash drawings daily(not sure how many days at this point)you must have a hot rod registered and on the grounds and respond to the drawing anouncement within a 15-30 minute time.
    Considering everyone registered has a number and the totals are less than 1,000(sadly?) your odds are really good.
    Best of luck!

If anyone needs help with matters concerning the RoundUp, I/M me here on the HAMB and I'll respond with a cell number(mine) and will help you any way I can?

27. Carl... is there a one day pass this year that doesnt cost $45???

28. SATANSSHO4

SATANSSHO4

wow that rod jousting photo brought back a memory. I was 10 to twelve years old ,remember my mom hanging out the window of my dads 40 ford deluxe coupe lol every time it shifted into second gear she would miss.my mom blamed my dads driving,he blame the shift kit any way the was the last time we where there i'm 34 now. TALKED TO POPS AND IT SOUNDS LIKE WERE GOING AGAIN 24 YEARS LATER

29. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

Rod Jousting is still on for this year.
    Corn's been ordered.
    We've welcomed the "week-prior" rollins today.(Sat)
    One-day passes are full price,the majority of your money refunded when you return your registration/windshield sticker/paperwork to the Registration people at a set time(ask them when you need to return for your refund) We do this as in the past some "participants" have tried to beat the system and one-day-pay their way for the whole weekend.
    NOONE will be cheated out fo their money/refund.We wouldn't be around if we were in the cheater business?

Due to "piggybacking events" we're attempting to stay in business and our goal is to donate to "The League,A Place For Children"(formerly the League for Crippled Children of Allegany County.Same great people and beneficial group.)

Any questions,I/M me here and I'll get back to you poste haste.
    Carl

30. Ok thanks Carl