Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Calling on all New England HAMB'rs I need your help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Aug 9, 2012.

1. On the 16th of Sept is the 2nd annual War Vets Tribute Cruise in at the R.I Vetrans Home in Bristol R.I. I am hoping we can get a good showing from the folks here on the HAMB. If you are unaware it is a sad fact that when people end up in one of these homes it is because their support system has broken down or they have no insurance for other facilities.
    As a retired sevirce member, events like this are near and dear to my heart. I would be extremely greatful if you can make a showing. The proceeds go tho the Vetrans Home which supports the needs of these people that we all owe a debt of gratitude to.
    For those of you in CT, I was planning on going up Rt.1 and going over the Jamestown and Newport Bridge to get to the show. It is a pretty nice drive.
    Thank You, Todd

Here is a link to the flyer thanks to CTFUZZ: http://ristreetrodding.org/Veterans.html

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  2. SDhotrod

SDhotrod

Here's a bump for you. I hope you get a good turnout.

3. Hope you get a great showing for a great cause.

4. F&J

F&J

That is a great cruise area for sure, lots to see, nice roads.

5. Todd, you can count on us........hell, we have a shop in Bristol one mile from the R.I Vetrans Home. Most of us are Vets ourselves.
    You are more than welcome to stop by the shop and check it out.
    Tom

http://ristreetrodding.org/Veterans.html

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012

6. Tom,

Last years event had just over 300 cars. Hell there's more HAMB'rs than that in CT, RI and Ma!!!! It would great to be able to meet up and all drive in together.
    I'm am usually not a champion of causes but after going to the Sailors home many years ago I cant help but want to get on a soapbox and try and get a good showing.
    Todd

7. Nemosgarage

Nemosgarage

bump it up for the Vets

8. farmergal

farmergal
    from somewhere

wish we could go but ill be showing cattle at Big E that weekend. best of luck on a great show; its a beautiful ride out that way!

9. Keeping this alive!

10. CGkidd

CGkidd

Wish I could be in the area still. I am ready to get home. Hotel living sucks. You will have to let me know how it goes.

11. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Supposed to be over in Limerock that weekend, but, I'll see what I can do.
    Had a great, great grandfather that spent time in an "Old Soldiers" home.

12. 51504bat

51504bat
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Todd,

As a vet from the early 70's thank you for supporting all these forgotton heros regardless of when or where they served. I hope you get a great turnout for such a good cause.

Tim