Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Oilers CC Present: "Race of Gentlemen"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Dirtyest Devil, Jul 18, 2012.

1. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

What is the address of the event ....?

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

2. I'll anwser more later, I have to weld up a car and paint it today. I planned to be in garage at 6am, it is now 8!

3. I can not give that out till later today. Hence the loose flyers with not a lot of info.
    I live 5 minutes from the beach. My zip is 07753, or 07712, etc.

There are about ten towns all right here. Every 3 minutes you are in another town while you cruise the beach. Use those zips, or wait till later today for all the info you need.

See ya late for work!

4. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

I will come by today after work to go over plans

5. chrisfreeman

chrisfreeman
    from Hudson

this looks amazing. am trying to register but my computer is saying your email address does not exist. would ya give me the right email address so i can register. thanks, chris

6. Fordgasser1

Fordgasser1
    from Jersey

Yeah man! Thanks for calling me back!!..DICK!:D..
    Fuck a cell phone,I can't get any work done with people calling or texting me all day!!Plus,dirty pics?..I'll never get any cars finished!

Seriously,
    The only person at ATCO who would be right for this is Billy..He's their main tech guy ..He seems to be at the track every day,so I'm not so sure he'd be availible..I may be at ATCO this weekend,I'll talk to him when I'm there..
    Now Walt would be a good guy to get,IF possible..With all my dealings with him at E-town, he's one of the biggest advocates and supporters for this style of racing here in NJ.Anything nostalgic and he's into it..I don't need to say that the problems with Motorcity/The Diggs and all that,he may not be open to this..However,now that you got Lewis to announce (an old E-town guy),Maybe,just Maybe,Walt may get involved?..
    If you can't get anyone,I can help get this organized. I've organized club races in the past,plus my years spent at the track,I know how to put on a race..

7. Sorry bud, I planned on calling you back. Call me when your avail., I always get your answering machine anyway.

For the record, I like Walt! Great guy, and gets nostalgia. I'll keep my mouth shut on the rest, as I try to keep personal biz just that.

That is why I called you the other day, but we just got rambling and then the Mayor called. I knew you could do it or would have a connection. Thanks for looking into it.

As of right now, I need to find another flag girl too. I know Pete will be devastated. But... we lost touch with her, and the boys wanna find a fresh face. Don't worry, all be A-ok!

8. My personal is [email protected]

Race info or questions can go to, [email protected]

9. Info on Pep's Indian!

1940 Indian sport scout racer. Last raced at laconia new hampshire 100 mile national in 1947. Original paint and tires from that date

10. Kevin and I made this today after I got out of the garage. This will be our program cover and our T-shirt design. Hope you dig...

[​IMG]

11. bobfromnj

bobfromnj
    from nj

Mel looks real good also nice meeting you kevin

12. BronxMopars1

BronxMopars1
    from Bronx, NYC

WoW just keeps getting Better n Better!

13. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

14. ArtofHotRod

ArtofHotRod

Cant wait Mel !

<input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input jscode="leoInternalChangeDone()" onclick="if(typeof(jsCall)=='function'){jsCall();}else{setTimeout('jsCall()',500);}" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

15. sproadster30

sproadster30
    from Natick, Ma

I do dig! Looks great!

16. F&J

F&J

That's some pretty classy artwork on the flyer and timing card, in these days of "modern" logos.

17. lorodz

lorodz

id like to know where to pre register at id like to bring my 29 coupester down its a 4 banger

18. Really slick design!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ

19. Email a good pic not shot with a cell phone to [email protected] for review. Thanks...

20. Glad you guys dig, we are just getting started. Stay tuned...

21. Pete

Pete

Mel,,,,,,,,you're so gay!

Im on the hunt for some old school knobby tires!!!

Pete-

22. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

oooh^good idea!

anyone got any 17" knobbies?

23. ThrottleJockey

ThrottleJockey

I've been looking for tires too.
    Not sure about the military tire from coker

24. lorodz

lorodz

i sent a photo..jus lemme know

25. lorodz

lorodz

if not here are some pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

26. True! I'm wearing a speedo for less wind resistance!

I also thought about the nobbies, or military tires. But, when the tide goes out... it's pretty damn hard. Nobbies may tear it up to much???

We were thinking about buying a stack of plywood, double layering it, and staggering the seams for strength. Have a big ass square of it so guys could get started and get their momentum. Just an idea. We plan to practice as soon as the season closes. Looking forward to that.

Either way, its going to be a blast! I'm pretty sure my friends are reuniting for this beach party. I'll get a video soon and drop it on you if they say yes! It's as good as the Mummies, way out man!

27. F&J

F&J

anything with agressive treads are grave diggers in sand. Tall-skinny beats shorter-wide tires. Low pressure is a huge plus on all 4. Sand tire gauges run 0-20 psi for accuracy.

The launch pad sounds good as long as the sheets are tied together, so they dont get spit out.

The test runs are your best bet, and sooner the better. Water wagon would help a lot, but how?...and how often?

28. senior fried

senior fried

Way Cool Event , can't wait to see the photos from this one !

29. gonzo

gonzo

God I love the Mummies, who could it be?