Register now to get rid of these ads!

My first award!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Probesport, Aug 13, 2012.

1. Probably not a big deal for most of you, but this is my first award for a car that I can say I built. Not a restore or mod but a car that started with nothing and its first time out won an award.

There were some wonderful traditional rods there and I had thought I figured out who teh big winner would be so I was very surprised when they called my name. Especially since the judging is done by those who have registered cars, a true peer award. The show is always a fun one, it spans a few blocks and takes up a street and its associated parking.

I didn't get too many pictures of the show since I spent most of my time walking around and talking with others but here are a fe from there and later at home. I am very humble about winning anything and I just wanted to share with you guys a great deal of your help and guidance went into building this one.

The funny part is that I was planning on not winning and actually did not want to win as I have been explaining to my son that you can't always expect to win especially on your first time out. The same speech I have given every time he won his pinewood events, baseball games and such. I also pointed out the people who were leaving teh show once they found out they didn't win in their class instead of standing there through all the results. As I said earlier though, I am very excited and as such had to provide a few pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. jimmitchell70

jimmitchell70
    from CT

Congratulations!
    It's a beautiful ride.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Congrats! I like the proportions of your car. I built one for a client locally here a few years ago, but he insisted on using the rear doors instead of the fronts... Came out kinda comically misproportioned.

4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think I just realized that a shortend tudor sedan instead of a fordor, right?

5. wallyringo

wallyringo

congrats man good job, love that color. do you have a build thread on this car?

6. Midget25

Midget25

I really like it, congradulations.

7. birdman42

birdman42

Watch out those things are addictive.Congrats that is one cool car.

8. ssimpala

ssimpala

Very nice. Congratulations on the award!

9. Hey way ta go Probesport...
    It's definitely NOT what its' all about but, it's a neat little bonus!
    Funny we just returned from picking up an award from a show in the spring...after a call about two weeks ago saying we won...LOL
    Congratulations!...car looks good.

10. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

Congrats! Nicely done car.

11. Wow killer car... why have I not seen this around???

12. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

Congrats! Cool car.

13. V4F

V4F
    from middle ca.

CONGRATS ! i remember my first !!!

14. It was it's first time out besides a few runs to the parts store and such. It doesn't help that I'm a bit of a hermit anyway.

15. vert1940

vert1940

congrats and well done!!

16. DAVEO!

DAVEO!

17. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

Good for you. It feels great dosent it?

18. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Congrats on the award! Well done and well deserved. It's always extra special when it comes from your peers.

19. It's always a great feeling to be recognized by your peers. Way to go!!!!!!!!

20. Congrats. Great looking ride.

21. Good for you !

22. I've always said I don't build my cars for anyone elses approval, but it sure is a good feeling when you find out from others that you did a good job, and you my friend, did good !! Congratulations on the award, :cool: it looks like they picked the right car. Now get busy and build a trophy case, I have a feeling there will be more comming your way.

And after almost 40 years, I still think it's a big deal, be proud.

23. dana barlow

dana barlow
    from Miami Fla.
    1. Y-blocks

That turly is a nice job on your rod:D:cool:

24. farmer12

farmer12

A very big congratulations, well done!

25. n847

n847

Congrats, it appears to be well earned! I've never recieved any awards with my beater, but its a great feeling just to see the big money guys stop and look at the details on my engine compartment (the only thing that looks decent on my car) its always good to get the respect of your peers!

26. 3quarter32

3quarter32

Great looking hot rod! No doubt what it is suppose to be.

27. Thats Great Congrats Awesome car and there is nothing like the feeling of driving something you built!!

28. n847

n847

Whats that alternator mount you have on there? Its an interesting looking piece!