Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Sitting and Rotting.............picture thread

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Royalshifter, Jan 31, 2009.

1. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

2. Warspite

Warspite

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My dad found this in the woods. Not exactly hot rod material, but cool none the less. Also found a couple of 20's Ford trucks. I can't find the pics of those trucks. And yes, they were rescued as well.

3. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

Fantastic, I always mix those 2 up! Thanks!

I often hear of the 2 ton badges being rare in the US, but there seems to be a lot of them up here in the frozen north.

4. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

5. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

What you are about to see is upsetting and it has taken me 32 years to realise it is OK.With my Cousin Randys permission I am going to post pics of cars that are apart of my family.The reason I took them today is because he is painting my coupe and this is where I got it from him two years ago. NONE OF THE CARS IN THE PICS ARE FOR SALE IN ANY KIND OF WAY. He does not beleave in banks,these pics are his bank,he has had most of them for at least 30 years.I rember when he bought most of them when I was a kid. My coupe is the only car of his that he has ever sold and it took me 30 years to get it. He still has all of his driver cars and trucks that he has had scince he was a kid.You can view my albums and see what my coupe looked like when I got it.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  6. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

Here is more.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  7. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

More

Attached Files:

8. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

You know most people would not open there checking account and let you see what is in it.I want to thank him I thought yall might like to see .

Attached Files:

9. Graham M

Graham M
    from Calgary AB

which pic? what Tahoe?

10. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

The last pics above are the 34 coupe that I am building for a friend,he liked mine so much he asked me if I had a real budget would I build his.He has had it for 25 years also.You can imagine with that big blown old FE he fits in well with other family projects. Thanks again Mark

11. cfnutcase

cfnutcase
    from Branson mo

Cool cars, my wife and I were the owners of CarsinBarns website for many years and I made my living just searching the country finding cars like these. I have found countless shelbys, superbirds, hemi cars, daytonas, camaros, corvettes, and about every kind of rare car you can imagine, still know of most any kind of car you can imagine. Its always so much fun to open the door to a barn, garage or whatever and see a car of this rarity, it just makes your heart jump, I never got tired of it, I did get very tired of dealing with so many of the a-holes that wanted to buy the cars, the ones that constantly screwed me, and tried to screw the owners out of thier cars. So for your cousins sake, I hope he never shows anyone where these cars are and I hope he never tells anyone about them because if he lets word get out too much the assholes will come and they will beat him down, and he will end up heartbroken and will lose his love for the cars. Jim

12. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

They are some really rare cars.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  13. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

cfnutcase Jim if any one tries that I will take these pics down and they will never be seen again.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2012
  14. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

That Tahoe one is terrible, sorry to hear about that.

15. 4psi

4psi

16. Dyce

Dyce

Sorry about your cousin. I never met your brother but I like his taste. He knew what to save that's for sure. Lots of us would have liked to have his forsight. Just encourage him to make the most of it while he has his health. I don't know where he is at with debt, but chances are he could retire and still have a few cars with that collection.

17. 58 Yeoman

58 Yeoman
    from Lacon, IL

It would be nice though, if he stored them a bit better...would command a better price later.

18. LOPESphotographics

LOPESphotographics

At least someone put it up on logs.. Or railroad ties.. Or whatever that is.

Sent from my iPhone on'at TJJ app

19. RICKY~RICARDO

RICKY~RICARDO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Milwaukee

Bad thing about having that many cars would be a tornado or fire wiping them out yikes!

20. mddndps

mddndps
    from Texas

You are right about if something bad were to happen.I sure wish it was me that had that problem to deal with. I have given up on better storage,I have seen the KR with so many smashed fenders and doors piled up on it you could not even tell what kind of car it is.

21. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

22. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

23. partsdawg

partsdawg
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Minnesota

Must have some pretty bad gravitational pull up there.Those trucks have some serious lean to them;)

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  24. ev88f

ev88f

North Coast rake? :)

Maverick Daddy likes this.
  25. agrezy1

agrezy1
    from tn

wish i had taken a picture back in the late 90s on i-15 at state line going to vegas there was an exit called yates well road. it use to be a restaurant and service station back in the 40-70s i was fortunte enough to do work for the couple that owned it.chain link all the way around with a pack of mean ass dogs.the old man had a fetish for pontiacs i bet there was at least a 100 none newer than 65 i asked what he was going to do with them he just grined never gave me an aswear he passed away i did one job for his wife and i belive she said they were going to have an auction.never heard anything and pretty sure she has passed also.but to see that many indian chief hood ornaments at one time was pretty awesome.

26. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

Lol maybe my old I phone is doing that..

27. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

No shit sherlock!

28. Ester Eddie

Ester Eddie
    from Alaska

29. Ralph Turnberg

Ralph Turnberg
    Member Emeritus

Here's a rough one. '58 Chevy Impala. I'm guessing it was stolen a long time ago, driven into the woods and stripped. Many years later, the town of Fletcher, N.C., built a hiking trail 30 feet from the Chevy. Guess they chose not to remove it.

Attached Files:

30. 40 & 61 Fords

40 & 61 Fords

That was my thought looking at those pictures! He may be sadly disappointed that they don't bring the kind of money the ones like it on the TV auction shows get because he hasn't stored them real well. They are cars that deserve better storage than if they were "just old mustangs";)