Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Slammed 31 A coupe....FINISHED!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hooliganshotrods, Jun 27, 2012.

1. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

The plan for today was to start the re-assembly on the chassis, or so I thought:mad: Many of the parts were not quite dry enough from the paint so I decided to avoid fingerprints on everything and just wait it out another day.

The rear end was dry so I put it on and installed the rear bags. Had to put the rear wheels up for a look:cool: Now to just wait until tomorrow so I can assemble some more........

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. farmer12

farmer12

This is one great project. Just a little patience is required......:D Looking forward to the next update. Keep up the good work!!!

3. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

looks like a rat rod to me. deluxe rat rod, all the bad taste, but a better quality build

4. 4psi

4psi

Great build! I am really enjoying watching this project come together.

:cool:

6. twistedridez

twistedridez

Wow, The metal work is amazing!!! What a sweet machine!! I will def be looking for updates!

7. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

"looks like a rat rod to me. deluxe rat rod, all the bad taste, but a better quality build"-49ratfink

Thank you for taking the time to clarify that for all of us who have seen this thread. Not sure what we would have done without the investigative work, pat yourself on the back.

8. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

9. knotttty

knotttty

great looking build.... thanx for the constant updates.... I am sure we are all enjoying your craftsmanship....

Roy

10. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks

11. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Got the chassis back together for the most part, just need to put the shocks on once the paint dries.

Never got the motor in, my help fell through so I'll get to it in the next day or two as time permits. Gonna start running the brake and air lines next.

Here's some pics:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Put the front brakes in as well
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I'm feeling pretty stoked to get the car done now:cool:

12. CHOPTOP_T

CHOPTOP_T
    from place

Looks like lots of fun! Can't wait to see it finished!

13. Shane Spencer

Shane Spencer

chasssis looks great man. keep it up

14. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks.

15. Nice looking truck in the background also. You rock !!!!!

16. wallyringo

wallyringo

man i was thinking about this thread today and looking for it, i knew it was holigan? sumthing. thanks for the update looks great,

17. gerry miller

gerry miller

Since I was a kid readin' the little Rod +Custom I never liked fat white walls
    So what. Your build is facinating and I too am impreessed with your metal work and
    attention to Quality and details. Looks Absolutely GRRRRReat! Nice work for sure

One Question I want to find out when you finish? How does it drive and RIDE???
    Tell the truth.
    I built a bike low and long and it took a year to build. Went down the freeway and it was dangerous but it looked COOL!

18. RATCAD

RATCAD

WOW....... love the look of the chassis....., nothing better than "stepping outside the box" with the rear step up....., i love it, and the paint scheme is perfect, amazing!!!!!!!!.....:D

19. NFORCA

NFORCA

Looking awesome. I'm interested to see how much room there is inside, with the tank back there etc.

20. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

Great looking chassis. Impressive workmanship and craftsmanship. Keep up the outstanding work! I'm inspired....

21. enfieldjoe

enfieldjoe
    from Eustis, FL

I also dig that Chevy pickup in the background on Post #191. I have a 72 Chevy C10, SWB, Fleetside with a BBC, auto, and bagged.

Was gonna post a pix, but thought it might anger the "trads" that are so critical on your build. Didn't want to "stir the pot" anymore than necessary. Would like to see a build thread on that truck, if possible. (Not sure what forum is appropriate though.)

22. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks a lot, I'm confident the car will drive and ride well with the air suspension, time will tell I guess.

Cheers, I wanted to do something different and a little more challenging on the rear than the usual Z'd kicks, not that there's anything wrong with doing it like that:)

Thanks, it's gonna be tight inside no matter what. That's why I cut 2" out of the frame where the body sits to give myself a little more room for the floor etc. I had mocked up the fuel cell and a "makeshift" seat and I was surprised that there was more room left than I thought but I'm only 5'9. It will definately be a bitch when I'm first in line at the lights though.

23. n847

n847

Those colors are spot on! It really looks like it could have all been painted that color to begin with!

24. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks a lot:cool:

25. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Got the motor and tranny all buttoned up and installed today. Gonna run brake lines and air lines in the coming days.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

26. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

I like the color combination a lot. Good choice.

Don

27. -Sled-

-Sled-

I bet you have the most oil stained driveway in your whole neighborhood... lol!

28. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks, it's starting to come together.

29. windsurf88

windsurf88

I can't get enough of this build, I check every day to see if you've done more.
    Thanks

30. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Thanks, there won't be to much exciting to post, just starting the plumbing on the brake lines and air lines and then the chassis will get wrapped up to start the body work on the car.