Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs **BadLuck 52 Part 2- Paint**

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BadLuck, Jun 9, 2012.

1. BadLuck

BadLuck

Steering wheel freshly painted and installed.. gives it a classy look.. big change from my mooneyes flaked 14'' steering wheel..

[​IMG]

2. very very nice badluck !

3. 1951Streamliner

1951Streamliner
    from Reno, NV

Awesome.

Glad to see you're taking your time and not rushing things along.
    I rushed my car and now have regretful flaws :eek:

Oh well, gives me an excuse to completely re-do it next year!

4. chopt49

chopt49

Nothing wrong with looking "classy" .... Nice work.

5. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Will do, man!

Steering wheel looks sweet with that dash!!!

6. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks

thanks, yeah ive been taking my time, but im sure i STILL have flaws! but im happy with the progress... :)

thanks buddy.. yours is coming along nicely as well.. was checking out the FB page you have for it.. awesome work!
    thanks! funny how a steering wheel can completely change the look of the dash.. still have to wet sand and shoot another couple coats of clear on it..

7. chaddilac

chaddilac

Steering wheels looks great!!!

8. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy!

9. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

August 2012????:D Just effin with ya brutha, wheels rad!! Get down here to the beach for some beers man...bring the crew, I got room!!

10. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha! trust me, Vince and i will be rollin down shortly.. hes painting his in a couple days.. im buying the rest of my paint next week.. have a few spots to work out then im spraying.. im missing too many perfect days for a cruise :)

11. Looking soooooo RAD BadLuck!!! Sweet steering wheel also!

12. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks, i appreciate it :)

13. billys54

billys54

Nice work love the paint

14. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Good deal, cant wait to see all these shiny sparkley car rollin down here!:D

15. Green is the new black,huh! Royalshifter's Shoebox and you...

16. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks buddy!

yeah.. rollin down there to do a flaked out So Cal style roof on your 54! :eek:

17. Chevy54

Chevy54
    from Orange, CA

Hah, Can we do a black flake roof??;)

18. so cal is a big place, you just gotta make sure next to park next to each other at the Goodguys shows....

looking good homie.

kinda makes me wanna paint my fleetline.... nah...

19. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha i know huh!

ur right! :D thanks!

20. BadLuck

BadLuck

i decided to go with the bullet cap on my steering wheel.. i think it goes better with the rest of my car.. matches my hubcaps.. made a bracket so the bullet screws on the the original steering wheel cap.. then the whole thing snaps in tight..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

my buddy made me this custom shifter knob using the same flake i used for the roof..

[​IMG]

21. Sweet. Now hurry up and paint that thing already. We want to see it shiny.

22. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks! buying paint next week.. took a few days off from work to prep..and if the planets and stars are all aligned properly and the weather cooperates..I'll be painting next weekend.. ..... hoopefully :D

23. eric54chevy

eric54chevy
    from TEXAS!

Man it looking good, where did you get the bullet for the steering wheel from?

24. studebakerdave

studebakerdave

praying that the paint gods are with on that day. looking forward to the end result.

25. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

The steering wheel and shift knob look great. I gotta admit, the bullet looks perfect! Looking forward to seein' the rest of the car painted!

26. BadLuck

BadLuck

thanks.. ive had that bullet for along time.. i bought it at a local swapmeet.. you can find them online pretty easily though

thanks buddy.. poured yesterday haha!
    thanks! im lookin forward to seeing it painted too:D not much progress has been done the last week.. squeezing in some last minute summer vacations before the kiddos go back to school! but ill be back on it shortly...with updates:)

27. Blake84

Blake84

DAAAAAAMN......just read entire post and thought I was going to see painted car at the end hahaha hate when that happenes. glad i found this thread car looks dope! why cant my neighbors be building sick as cars at their houses so i can watch and learn!

28. BadLuck

BadLuck

hahaha thanks! i always read this thread and hope my car is painted at the end too :D.. few more weeks.. last minute summer vacations have been keeping me busy lately!

29. BadLuck

BadLuck

This is how much body work brand new skirts need! I have another set that im going to use when im ready to extend them. I bought these so i have something while working on the others later on.

[​IMG]

Were planning on Aug. 24th or 25th for paint. Going to use my buddies garage. We used it last week to paint his 54, and it worked out pretty well.. Heres a pic... We rigged up some vents above the car and worked pretty good. So might have a few sneek peeks in a few weeks.. Front seat goes out for upholstery next week...
    "SoCalChevy54" chevy...

[​IMG]

30. hooliganshotrods

hooliganshotrods

Read the whole thread, man, you are doing some great work and that you've done basically everything yourself is wicked. Props to you dude. Also, thanks for sharing the grits you used during the sanding etc, I'm gonna be in the same boat as you soon, gonna start the bodywork and paint on my coupe in my driveway as well. My neighbors already hate me so that should be interesting. Keep up the great work, very inspiring to watch:cool: