Register now to get rid of these ads!

The Copper Coupe is heading to KS

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rivrat, May 15, 2012.

1. Nice car. Hope to see it around.

2. Dave Rondou

Dave Rondou

Nice car. Have fun with it.

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

As one of the crusty old bastards on here you will not find me bitching about your ride. I think it's great and if I had the chance to own it it would be in my garage without an excuse for it being glass. You've got one "bitchin" ride there and I suggest you take every chance you get to add to the odometer reading. I guess I was wrong............I did "bitch":eek::D

Frank

4. slammed

slammed

And do your proper introduction, thank you.

5. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

The drive back was great except for taking US-75/69. The car rides fine, but this road is tough on everything. I really didn't want to take the interstate though. Way to boring.

That's what I bought it for. It's a great way to meet new people. It sure has gotten alot more attention than I figured it would.

Using the word "famous" apparently raises a few hackles unless you equate it with the people involved in it's creation, not the car. :)

I too have met someone that recognized the car from the t-shirt. One person asked how I got that done so they could could get it done for their boyfriend. Funny...

Yeah, ratrod seems to be a sore spot with a few here. :)

6. B.schmidt

B.schmidt
    from Kansas

Great looking car!!

7. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

I have been asked if mine was a kit car. I don't get mad, I don't complain. I simply explain the difference between kit cars and reproductions. So if you feel you or others are being misrepresented. Either wear it with pride and make it a good term, or complain about it and wear it with shame. As for myself, some of my best friends have "ratrods". I'm not a "rustist". :)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2012
  8. rush549

rush549
    from Kansas

I'll work on it. Soon... This is all new to me.

9. Desert1957

Desert1957
    from Pa/Md

Rush,

I personally love your car, I never understood this whole hatred for glass cars anyway. Be proud of what you have , This hobby is about cars and having fun with them.

Desert