Register now to get rid of these ads!

need help with 235 cam id

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by scrmkr, Aug 2, 2012.

1. scrmkr

scrmkr
    from memphis tn

I"m looking for a hydraulic cam for my '60 model 235 engine. I found one that a person ordered for a '62 235 and only has the letters and numbers "H 16 C 4 D 4 1212 CWC" in the cast portion in between the lobes.

I have a reference for gm cam numbers but there are no gm numbers on the cam. :(

Does anyone know what the letters or numbers relate to? Thanks

2. Truckedup

Truckedup

I was told this and from my limited observation on about 5 cams it seems true....At the rear of the cam there a small row of raised bumps...even number is hydraulic ,odd number is mechanical.Expect to see just two to four or three bumps. No idea if this works on non GM made cams.

3. scrmkr

scrmkr
    from memphis tn

Thanks. That is true on the 2 old cams I have. The hyd has 2 bumps and the mech one has 1 bump. These are located with the gm number between the 2nd and 3rd lobes from the rear end.

I'll see if I can find out if cam I'm looking to buy has the bumps but if anyone else has input, please reply.