Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Stolen: Utility traler full of swap meet stuff, car parts etc.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hoof22, Jul 31, 2012.

1. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

NORCAL-SF North Bay Area

Sorry forgot to put location in title!

My buddy returned from the Fortuna Swap Meet to find his Utility Trailer FULL of old car parts/memorabilia & Signage he towed to swap meets had been stolen from his barn in Cotati, CA. That is in SONOMA COUNTY, right off HWY 101 just south of SANTA ROSA. It was stolen sometime Thursday afternoon, or Friday.

The particulars:

It was a black Utility Trailer, about 5'x10', single axle, made by CARSON, (will post license number later).

Some of the parts missing:
    57 Chev Steering wheel-cherry, Blue
    Lots of 55-57 Dash parts, switches, etc
    Super Trap mufflers - pair
    Race car stuff, clutch packages, etc
    60 Chev PU Core Support
    Intake Manifolds, mostly 50's-60's
    Exhaust Manifolds, 50's-60's
    Carbs 50's-60's
    Misc Auto related signage-Large "OK USED CARS" sign-double sided
    NATIONAL GARAGE signs
    1930's "SCHOOL GIRL" Crossing guard stand-up
    Lots of valuable vintage Coca-Cola signage & a few Pepsi

There was LOTS more, all auto related, but this is what I had time to get from him. I will post updates as I hear anything.

These POS's posed as "TERMITE INSPECTORS" to the neighbors, (It was a couple, a man & a women, driving a PU) and they had plenty of time to get away with whatever they wanted.

I'll post more info as it comes

If this NOT appropriate for the board, please delete and let me know-I figured it was mostly old car stuff, and this buddy is a hard core gearhead, so thought I'd take a chance and see if anybody see's anything.

PLEASE PM ME IF YOU HAVE SEEN ANYTHING OR HAVE ANY INFO!

THANKS, GUYS!

Eric
    Hoof22

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  2. Crystal Blue

Crystal Blue

Damn shame. I hope all is recovered, but doubtful:mad:

It's time to re-open "The Rock", and drop these jackweeds off.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Start watching Craigslist and Ebay. We just had a guy down here arrested who was breaking into cars and homes and they caught him when they saw some of the items on Craigslist. The police said his home looked like a cross between American Pickers and Hoarders, because he had so many stolen items in it.

Hope your buddy gets his stuff back, and I would start thinking about who all knew that stuff was in there. Sometimes it is someone who either did it themselves or blabbed to the wrong person.

Don

4. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

Hope your buddy gets his stuff back,and i hope the crooks get a beat down...

5. What comes around goes around... Kharma can be a bitch!

6. Wow... That can be taken a couple of different ways.... Hope your friend gets his stuff back...

7. Hope you find al your stuff this sort of thing f**ks me right off

8. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Right now, we're doing the police report thing, and trying to figure out exactly what's missing, as they had some time to load up more stuff inside the barn. Still waiting to get the license on the trailer. And we are watching C-List and Egay, but I don't hold out much hope on either one of those. There were a few really nice rare pieces in that trailer, so I'll post more details on what to keep a look out for when I get more info.

Thanks, guys!

EW

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  9. wallyringo

wallyringo

people have balls stealing from a mans barn. Pomona swapmeet is in a few weeks I`ll keep a eye out. August 12

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

a picture is worth 1000 words. does he have any pictures of some of what was stolen?

11. Speaking of pictures a dumbass punched my car from behind going 85 mph at the waldo tunnel ... and then split .... the cameras at the Golden Gate toll booth picked him up and the cops were knocking on his door a few days later. .... Maybe your trailer is a movie star , just saying.

12. Criminals can be very stupid, hopefully they will get greedy and post to Craigslist or eBay. Look for a nationwide Craigslist search and look for some of the more unique items. Post some vague wanted ad and go fishing fo them!

Recently a local college girl got her bike stolen, she found it on CL the next day. She called and set up a "test ride" and just kept riding! She called the police and he got room and board for some time.

13. Kharma can be a sweet lady too!

14. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

Got the license number:

Trailer was a black utility trailer, 5'X8', manufactured by CARSON, the one in this picture, but without the ramp in back. It has 2 foot tall unpainted plywood sides on it, screwed inside the metal railing.

California Tag:
    4AB4537

The trailer "ID Number", (vin)
    4HXSU08132C042867

Reports are, the couple was driving a black Pick up, a "mid-sized" truck, with an extra cab, might have had a chrome roll bar or maybe a chrome roof rack.

We're looking to see if there are any pics of the signs or any other high-dollar items that are missing. Thanks, Guys!

Eric

Attached Files:

15. It's bound to show up somewhere... Hopefully you will find it.

16. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

That's hella lame. I hope he gets it back!!

I'll keep my eyes out at the SAC SWAP this weekend!

17. I sent this along to my Nevada Highway Patrol friend, with Hot August Nights in town an extra set of eyes in Reno can't be bad.

18. 50dodge4x4

50dodge4x4

I'd also check the local scrap yards. Would make a quick hand full of cash as scrap, might scrap the trailer or paint it and sell it. Gene

19. Hotrod1959

Hotrod1959

Damned tweakers probably. Steal anything. Hope he finds his stuff.

20. fifty5rod

fifty5rod
    from El Paso TX

Aw man...hope they catch them s$% o% a b%$t%h!!!

21. MarkL

MarkL
    from Tacoma WA

Post a wanted add on CL for some of the items stolen such as 57 interior parts, automobile memorabilia etc. You may get a hit to the asshole that stole it all, then go look at it with some big friends.

22. hoof22

hoof22
    Member Emeritus

GREAT IDEA!-Passed this along, and it will be done. I wanted to bump this up for the weekend swap meet crowd, maybe we'll get lucky.

Thanks to everyone who's keeping a look out!!

Eric

23. salf100

salf100

Check the Reno swap meet this Sunday at the Power Balance Pavilion (Arco aren) in Sacramento. Just in time for them to try and sell the stolen goods. Losers. .

24. jalopy45

jalopy45

If you have a list, post it here or PM it to me, I'll be at the Hot August Nights swap meet for the rest of the week as a vendor.