Register now to get rid of these ads!

your opinion, chop it a little more?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by model A hooligan, Aug 1, 2012.

1. yeah i got ya, well i have about 2 inches from my hat to the roof,its filled in with a skin so my roof doesnt have the wood strips inside.wich is a slight pluss. but i do know its already low to look out of the window.

i guess it comes down to if i want to chop my bench up and some how tilt my column down.

2. 2 more inches please.

3. you fellas think its worth the effort. im asking honest opinions here. its not just a chop,itl be column and seat work,as well as cutting the front window.

also might chop above the back window since i think i put it in a little low.

4. farmer12

farmer12

I think 2/3 inches would do the trick. Is it worth it? I think it would be.

5. heres the rear window section that i grafted in that i got from harv.mid 30's ford truck rear frame chopped and sectioned down. looks a bit low (put it in were the hole was) so i might chop above it but theres only a inch that i can safely do that, and thats risking it since it startes to curve.

just somethign to think about.

[​IMG]

or does this window look good enough to just chop right thru like you would on a normal chop? i chopped this car when i was bulding it, so it was only doors and windows,i made the roof after that since it was a 'speacial'

6. farmer12

farmer12

With the rear window, I would take out an inch above and one below. Like you said, getting close to the curved area on the top.

7. well i dont want to remove any from below.its the right size for a rear A, i made it to the size it would be if the A had a 3 inch chop,but im missing the lower beltline, as soon as i make one,that space will be gone,pluss i think my window is in a half inch lower than stock (im not sure)

so maybe i could just cut the window itself. glass isnt a issue except for the front window.

i would only be going about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 more chop

8. farmer12

farmer12

In that case, just chop the window. I'd try to go for 2 inches at least.....imho

9. man id have mail slots almost! i know that the 28-29 have 1 inch taller side windows than a 30-31 but the front and back are the same i think

10. roundvalley

roundvalley

Get out the cardboard and masking tape. Size it to fit you. 2" more would look good, but will it fit you?

11. GREAZERZ

GREAZERZ
    from Frisco, TX

2" would look great and "should" still give head room?

12. yep fellas im gunna try that,gunna visiualize it haha. ill tape my windows maybe

13. Model a needs a min of 4 1/2" and 5" is just right. IMO

14. afaulk

afaulk

it looks good to me

15. i just did some quick tape, it looks like i would still git but its snug,my seat would have my eyes about right at the top of the windows, and the steering wheel is about a inch away from the top of the front window.

16. afaulk-thanks i like it too but,maybe im bored with the look? kinda tired of ppl asking is it chopped? and also just over all want to raise its mean factor. yes,yes,i know thats not important but a hotrod always like to be mean.

17. Looks nice like it is!

18. scrap metal 48

scrap metal 48

Sounds like you want to so I would make it at least 5".. This is 5 1/2".....

Attached Files:

19. I like it like it is.

20. mow too much

mow too much

I say leave as is.

21. josh highley

josh highley

Nose down a bit and more chop.

22. dadz34

dadz34
    from Argyle, TX

Your opinion is the only one that counts...obviously you're not happy with it where it's at but I recommend sleeping on it for a while before pulling the trigger so you definitely make the right decision.

If it keeps you up at night, then focus on what makes you happy...not the work involved regarding re-chopping it. We never seem to remember that afterwards anyway.

If it makes you smile where it's at, don't make apologies for a "slight-off-the-top" cut, (I like it both chopped a little and harsh, and most will if they see you enjoying it). Instead own it if it makes you happy and just tell everyone you "un-chopped" it! That seems to get them every time they ask me about my Tudor. :)

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  23. 19blockhead72

19blockhead72

I love it the way it is. I really like the look of your chop, it's perfect.

24. There are only so many steel cars left. I now talk people out of chopping their tops. If someone has to ask if it's been chopped, then it becomes an art piece. That's the look your looking for. My personal opinion, it makes the cars worth less on resale. Lower the chassi, get that thing down in the weeds. It will also handle better.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012
  25. jimstro16

jimstro16

I dont think it needs it but my vote would be 2" if you feel the need to take it to further.

Looks BA either way

26. Zeke

Zeke

That looks like complete shit IMHO.:)

27. jimstro16

jimstro16

Ya the guy in the plaid is blowing chunks over it in mcdonalds parking lot

28. ytt49

ytt49
    from socal

this is to much of a chop
    i would chop it max 2 more inches.
    clean car by the way:cool:

29. I think it is cool as it is

30. [QUOTE=Zeke

HEE--HEE Nice Job, you did it anyway.Now we'll see how many people notice. That's the same as chopping two cars!!