Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ford Flat Head Issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by specsintexas, Jul 31, 2012.

1. marv norton

marv norton

For those that do not believe?? Last year I traveled by plane and train to Maine. There I purcheased a 1951 Plymouth 2 door club couple, all stock. After purchasing the car I left there Tuesday 7-26-2011@1:15 p.m. locat time. Friday 7-29-20011@4:15 p.m.local time Kansas City, Missouri I arrived in my drive way. 1669 total miles. Three (3) quarts of oil and one rebuilt generator in my home town of Muncie, Indiana. No A/C, no radio Just four windows down and the cow event opew all the way. After arriving home the next day I discovered that the man that purchased the car from had installed a new 6 volt battery backwords, negative ground, not positive. Fixed the battery and "by God" the radio worked after it harmed up!! I'm 71 years old this Friday and will always remember that trip.

Thank You
    Marv Norton

2. Zombie Hot Rod

Zombie Hot Rod
    from New York

You'll be fine, the rolling bones drive flathead cars clear across the country every year.

3. flatoutflyin

flatoutflyin

4. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

Ditto, hombreas run !!!!!!!!!!!!
    That engine was produced every year from 1932 thru 1953,....including during the war years, for the Military. That right there, says a lot of good things !!! Not only used in vehicles, but used as industrial engines, agriculture applications included wind machines for orchards,... Not to mention tractors..... Flatheads forever !!!!!!!!!!!

4TTRUK

5. How old are the tires and how do the brakes work? The engine should do just fine.

Charlie Stephens