Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs The Titty Twister '52 Ford latest from the Potter Meat Market

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Squablow, Jul 7, 2012.

1. Squablow

Squablow

This was the package tray, a chunk of OSB plywood covered in a baby blanket with a couple big white plastic speaker grilles added over the top.

[​IMG]

I cut a new one out of Luan board, upholstered it using an old seat cover from a '55 Thunderbird, and cut it out for kick panel vents from the same Thunderbird to act as speaker grilles.

[​IMG]

Dyed to match, I think it turned out really good.

[​IMG]

2. KustomCars

KustomCars
    from Minnesota

3. Ole_Red

Ole_Red
    from 206, WA

killer work so far

4. belair

belair

Really cool details.

5. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

With the replacement of the bumpers and ditching those mag wheel and replacing them with the stock wheels and spinners really made a world of difference right there ! really looks 1000% better now !
    The interior that someone did was awful to say the least . On the other hand some people just should be able to buy a rattle can of paint for any reason !
    The rust repairs turned out really good too . I started doing the same thing to my 55 Ford that the last owner repaired . What a real mess I had ! I replaced a lot of sheet metal for the little spot I saw . Mine had gallons of filler and 1,000's of rivets holding everything together !

You 52 is looking very nice and it's the way it was suppose to be too !
    Good job !

Retro Jim

6. OldTC

OldTC

You've got my respect as well as my congratulations....you did a great thing there!

If cars could only smile and say; "Ahhhh..." I'd bet you'da heard it!

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

8. Edelbroke

Edelbroke
    BANNED

I wanted to pull those little 1952 badges off the door panels before I even owned the car. I think I left them because of the glue residue that would've been left. The guy I got it from was pretty proud of that car. He had a 90's Chevy 4x4 pick up, he popped the hood to show me the motor and it was covered with red wire loom. Car looks better now Jon.

9. ironpile

ironpile

Very nice work Squaw.

10. Very nice. I've seen a lot of cars like that from Wistucky over the years, have that Duquoin 1987 street machine nationals look. What kind of valve covers are those?

11. Gator

Gator

Very cool, proves you don't always have to spend a ton of money to bring one back.

12. Squablow

Squablow

Again, thanks for all the comments. I've been driving the car for the past few days, put 100 miles on it at least, has been going really well. Needs a few tweaks still but overall it's been great.

Yeah, sometimes undoing the last guy's shitty work takes more time than the repair itself, to the point you'd wished they'd just left it. Same experience.

Thanks. Yeah, I tried getting those things off, but they just tore the panels. In the end, I like the new inserts better anyway. Was more work but it turned out nice. I was also able to get those sewn-in letters off of the headliner and dye over the stains on it, it looks pretty good. I'll post some pics of that too.

That guy must have bought plastic wire loom by the 50lb spool or something. It was even on everything under the dash.

John, I've been following your Merc since the beginning. I think the "before" versions of our cars would have looked right at home together in 1987, and the after versions would now (or in 1962).

The valve covers are standard Chevy script covers with a set of repop '50 Olds wire looms attached. A guy was selling them (just the looms) on eBay pre-painted with the Chevrolet script on them for like $28 a set, and they're really nice stamped steel too.

I had to change my intake to run the no-hole script covers, but I think it was worth it. With the air cleaner, the block painted red instead of orange, and the red plug wires, I think it really looks right. There's only so many ways you can detail an SBC, and I didn't want to do all finned aluminum or try to make it look like a stock early 283.

13. redhawk74

redhawk74

nice work on bringing this car back, it looks excellent.

14. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Definitely a major improvement!

15. 5window

5window

Great car, with fantastic work to get it there. Stupid name though, you could do better.

16. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

you saved it !!!!looks great......glad to see another 52-54 ford on the road...

17. dotcentral

dotcentral

I didn't notice the fuel line had that stuff until the second time I looked at that pic.

Your door panels turned out great.

18. Top job! I love what you've done.

19. Wow, it looks a million times better though. I have one question though. Did you have to put shorter springs in to put in the Aerostar coils? I have a 1956 Ford and just got some Aerostar springs I was going to put in. I would like to know this before I start to tear everything apart. Thanks!

20. Gerg

Gerg

hey Johnny high hair good work bro :) I guess I have to go to potter to check it out or are you going to bring it here to good ole' Sheboygan ?

21. Hdonlybob

Hdonlybob

Very nice..took a neat looking old car and made an awesome old car!!
    What a difference..nice job, and good for you.
    Cheers....

22. Squablow

Squablow

My first car, a '53 Ford, is nicknamed "the Purple Nurple" and I wanted to stick with the nipple-based playground torture nomenclature.

I assume you mean shocks? Yeah, I did swap out to shorter shocks. I don't remember the part number offhand but it's the ones everyone talks about in the Aerostar coil thread. It eliminates the bolt-in lower shock mount and bolts direct, and I had to weld some extra meat onto the lower shock mount tabs on the shock to get them to fit just right, but they worked great and were only like $20

Thanks. I'll have it at Symco in a couple weeks. I've been having carb issues and have been afraid to take it too far from the shop, hopefully I've got it dialed in now. Once I trust it, I'll be taking it everywhere. When the carb isn't acting up, it drives pretty nice.

I still want to check out that junkyard down by you one of these days.

23. Hey Jon! It's me. Looks like you did it again, on the 1 on nun, Chrysler sedan conversion.

This is the first time I seen a pic of the '60 finished. You make it look so friggin' easy! Like I mentioned before, sure whish I had yer talent.

I finally left FwdLk, and heading off in another direction. I got flathead Duce hi-boy visions.

However my daughter, the one that won this years Miss Chrysler Carlisle beauty contest, still has the ' 61 Dodge Convt. She and wifey both throwed a hissy fit when I put it up F/S in a fit of flustration from FwdLk. So,,,,,,, it's hers.

Anyway.

Could I ask you to keep an eye out for a good pr, of those rear wheel, stainless stone/gravel shields, (that aren't all 'stoned') and the rear bumper guard, for her car, please? THANKS!

email addy is still the same; [email protected]

24. Super rad ride. Chrome bumpers and steelies, truly transformed the whole vibe. Amazing what can be done on the cheap.
    JT
    p.s. love that '64 Olds!