Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods 34 Pickup photo shoot

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mat Thrasher, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

I had a great day today and thought I would share it with you guys.

The whole story start's this winter when my buddy John T emailed me and said a photographer he knows wants to shoot my truck for a mag. John T sets up a chance for me to meet Dave the photographer at the Gasser Reunion. I was on my way and there and my motor ate a roller lifter. So the motor comes out and back to my motor guy and I was down for about a month.

So while I was waiting to get the motor back, we scouted out a location on the West bank of the Flats in Cleveland. It's all cool old warehouses, bars, and draw bridges, just a very old cool industrial part of the city. So we set a date for today for the shoot.

When I headed out this morning I only had about 30 miles on the motor. The truck ran flawlessly on both the freeway and though the city. What an unbelievable feeling rolling my Hot Rod through Downtown!

When Dave had first contacted me he mentioned that he had the perfect girl for the shoot. Well Mrs. Mat Thrasher wasn't having any of that. So the she stepped up and was the model. I'm super proud of her. She looked amazing and did awesome job. Dave couldn't believe that she's never modeled before. I think she found her new calling. BTW We had to keep it classy Mrs. Thrasher is a teacher. :)

I want to say thanks to John T. for introducing me to Dave. Also to Dave Miller for the time all the time and hard work he put into the shoot. To Sarah my wife for doing such an amazing job, and to our friend Jen who came down to help with hair and makeup.

All in all I couldn't of asked for a better day. My truck ran perfect, the weather couldn't of been better, and everything else went smoothly. There's possibility that these shoots won't even get published. But it doesn't even matter. It was a great excuse to put a 100 miles on my hot rod and get some killer pictures.

Anyways here's a few shitty iphone shots from the day. I think that Jen has some more, I'm just waiting for her to email them to us.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  2. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

Man, she looks angry. Was it hot that day? Nice pics.

4. Jim

Jim

Nice truck..

5. shoebox50

shoebox50

6. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

7. n847

n847

That truck is so F'n bad ass it makes my brain hurt! Congrats on the shoot. I think that would be the only thing that would ever convince my wife to pose on my car too! I showed her the story and she said no way would she let some hussy pose on my car. I told her now worrys nobodys gonna be doing a photo shoot on my car anytime soon!

8. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

Thanks and that's exactly how our conversation went too. Except with a little stronger language then Hussy.:eek:

The weather was a perfect Cleveland Ohio day 80's and low humidity with a nice breeze off of Lake Erie. She wasn't angry at all but it was pretty funny to watch her roll through a bunch of different expressions. I told her afterward that she looked like Cybill. :)

Here's few more shots. Now we really can't wait to see the real ones!

Attached Files:

9. servi53

servi53

very nice on all counts

10. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

nice smile,trucks ok too

11. Wow Matt, she is beautiful!! You lucky bastard!:D
    Let us know if it makes the magazine.

12. n847

n847

^^^^^^Funny I was cleaning it up for the Sunday crowd too!

13. 327-365hp

327-365hp
    from Mass

WOW! Mrs Thrasher is a babe! That truck is awesome too! That combo will definitely sell a lot of magazines. Congrats Matt!

14. kyvetteman

kyvetteman

Very nice! Cool truck and a great setting. And if I may say your wife is smokin! I'm sure it was a blast for all concerned!

15. unkledaddy

unkledaddy

Truck..............what truck??

16. John T.

John T.

Anytime Mat, I was lucky enough to see some of Dave's good pics after the shoot and they are AWSOME!

I am jealous that you got to drive your truck downtown. That had to be a ball in itself!

17. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

well done man!

18. loosrp

loosrp

F'n Sweet!!! The truck that is! Really nice shoot!

19. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Nice. Nice. Nice.

And a clean school teacher is way refreshing compared to some of the "models" out there.

Very nice!

20. Great shots! Your wife looks like she had fun with it! Truck looks killer too!

21. Mat Thrasher

Mat Thrasher

You've seen more then me I'm sure. I was trying to look at them on Dave's camera and I couldn't see shit out in the sun.

You're right the drive was definitely a huge part of the experience. You know I've been looking for an excuse to drive it downtown since we talked about going to the Rumblers Show last year.

Thanks again to everybody else for all the positive comments!

22. Cshabang

Cshabang

Howd I miss this. Congrats man! I was just thinking about your truck today and decided to see what was up...

23. We like!

Attached Files:

• th.jpg
      th.jpg
      File size:
      8.7 KB
      Views:
  24. You are a blessed man, on at least two counts