Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Some progress on my Essex.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Boyd Who, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

I have seen this thread when you first started it. There are some cars that just look right and yours is one of them! I hope all is working out OK with your missus, that is a tough spot for a family to be in, I've been there. The whole stance and look are killer, I like the bed proportions too. Keep picking away at it, probably good for your head! God bless!

2. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you, sumfun!

3. All the best thoughts to both of you. Battling any major illness, does put the project on the back burner. It will still be waiting for you, after your wife beats that disease.

4. davo461

davo461

The new wheels sound good; I still like the old ones, they look very smooth on your neat little truck.
    I res\ally hope that things work out well for your wife, and that also means you, as well.

5. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thanks, guys.
    We saw the oncologists last Monday and they're now saying the cancer is at Stage 4 and due to the other problems arising from it (platelet counts, heart issues, location & size of the tumours) it is untreatable. Chemo would most likely be fatal. :(

My wife has accepted the hand that fate has dealt her (we're not religious) and is now going to concentate on living life to its fullest for the time she has left. The doctors are saying a year at best but she plans to prove them wrong. We'll be doing some traveling so she can see this great country that we live in, and we'll spend as much time visiting family and friends as we can.

We appreciate all the kind words and thoughts. I show her all the comments that get posted and it really boosts her spirits.

6. Mopar Jack

Mopar Jack

I pray for your wife and family...

7. davo461

davo461

Don't think, for one moment, that because you are not religious that our prayers will be wasted on both of you.
    Make the maximum use of available resources.

8. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

Me again.... I have been a hospice volunteer for a long time and it has been a gift and an honor to be with patients and their families. I urge you, based on my experience and observations, to get hooked up with the local hospice service.......it is very low cost or free and it will help your wife and you to cope with this stage in your lives. The deluge of paperwork is immense, make sure you have a good attorney, one that can advise you in estate issues....do it now, not later. Sorry to bring up the practical parts of this short time you may have......make it her time, God bless you both.

9. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you.

Don't worry...most of our friends are religious and have us on their prayer chains. We'll take just about anything right now, even if we don't share the same beliefs.

Thank you. We have some Cancer Care people in our town, but no actual "hospice" services. We're a rural town of 4,000 located an hour from the closest city. We do have lots of support and friends here which is making things easier. We'll be meeting with our lawyer in a couple of weeks, too.

10. 12905

Cab does not appear to be 27 Essex, or any Essex for that matter. All early Essex had piano hinge doors. I've had quite a few up to 30 and all had piano hinges. Of course, some one could have modified it, but what would be the advantage?

11. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

The cab started life as a '27 Essex two-door sedan. It had piano hinges when it was pulled out of the bush but they were a mess. They got converted to 1930 Chevy hinges when it was built as a hotrod in 1978 because they couldn't find a decent set of Essex hinges to replace the bad ones. You may also notice that the only things on the truck that are Essex are the hood top and the cab. Everything else is 1930 Chevy.

12. sierra rod shop

sierra rod shop

Real nice could you bring it back now.

13. tinmann

tinmann

I'm glad to hear you and Karen are taking to the road and doing the Red Deer run. You will have a blast. Your positive outlook will do you well, Al. Here for you......

Daryl

14. Boyd Who

Boyd Who

Thank you, Daryl.

15. hoggyrubber

hoggyrubber

i like the essex! i just got a 27 essex coupe a couple of weeks ago. i don't have room in the shop to start on it yet. i still need to pull the tranny and bell housing out of my 52 hudson and sell one of my chevy trucks before i can start.
    my thoughts are with you and your family and keep "driving the wheels off of it" when you can.