Register now to get rid of these ads!

Ever won anything at a car show?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigalturk1, Jul 28, 2012.

1. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

Ever won anything at a car show or cruise?
    Yes!....Last October (2011) I won a nice Radio/CD player at the Street-Rod Nationals in Tampa. I thought that was pretty cool because I knew I'd never win anything with my Coupe. Not that there is anything wrong with it.... except that it wasn't a $100,000 "Trailer Queen!
    Anyway, I'm satisfied.

2. 56FRLN

56FRLN

Won the 50/50 drawing at the last one I went to a couple weeks ago - paid for a very nice evening out for the missus and myself.

3. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

yep, won a wrought iron and brass queensize bed with a mattress and boxspring. yeah, I know, don't ask:)

4. Took you almost a year to calm down from winning a radio to come to the HAMB and tell us about it?????

5. skreemin

skreemin
    from Salem Or

I won a Traxxas Slash RC truck. Owner of the local hobby shop has a 68 mustang so he donated it and had a drawing for a complete setup, battery, charger truck and control.

6. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

Back in 2000, I took my black '32 3 window on it's maid voyage to a car show. When it came time to give out the trophies, they said the '32 Ford 3 window won "Best in Show". I was looking around because I hadn't seen another 3 window there. They announced again, the black '32 3 window. So I looked around again since I was pretty sure I was the only black 3 window there. Some guy behind me shoved me and said they were talking about my car. I never thought I would ever win a trophy has my car has very little flash and was built to be driven.

7. ironpile

ironpile

I won a screwdriver set at White Hall Drag-o-way renunion.

8. henry29

henry29

I don't go to car shows much anymore but I have won a lot of stuff, lots of free food gift certificates, gas cards, oil changes, shirts, hats, tool sets, large box of fireworks.

9. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

I won the appreciation of many kids and their parents for allowing them to sit in the cab and bed of my truck making vroom vroom sounds. That's better than any prize to me.

10. 49ratfink

49ratfink
    from California

I won a slant six Hyper Pack intake at a Mopar show once. cost me a dollar for a raffle ticket plus i had to hang out until the raffle was over. sold it for 2 bills on ebay.

11. Ebbsspeed

Ebbsspeed
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I won a real nice set of tools way back when they still had the Cowtown Nationals in Kansas City. Also won "best unfinished" at a small show about 10 years ago. Haven't entered one since......

12. upspirate

upspirate

Won a set of McGard lug nuts & locks for my coupe at S/E nats in Tampa Fl

Won a Wax Shop bag of cleaning stuff at S/E Nats in Tampa Fl

Won a cruise control at Daytona Turkey Run

13. upspirate

upspirate

I got burned out on shows waaay back when...only intend to go to Daytona Turkey Run,Louisville Nats, and S/E Nats in Tampa with the new ride

Don't even like local cruises

14. philly the greek

philly the greek
    from so . cal.

A few years back at the Outriders Picnic , I won a ZZ4 engine on a 50/50 drawing ,pretty damn cool !!

15. Stroker McGurk

Stroker McGurk
    from Canada

Won some nice sockets one time, and an oil change coupon another.......Oh, and a plastic trophy for peoples choice with my 55 Chevy one time....Best thing about that was the guy with the custom Corvette was super pissed......lol

16. Beau

Beau

$100 gift Card from Speedway at Vintage Torque Fest 2012. I entered my name at the Speedway trailer and actually won!

A quick google search got me a 'free shipping' code and I had a $100 in free parts.

17. DirtyJoe

DirtyJoe

I won a gift certificate from Ididit at Nats North in Kalamazoo Mi.

18. Rocky Famoso

Rocky Famoso
    BANNED

Best thing I've won was a day at the Frank Hawley Drag Racing School.
    Three passes down the Pomona Strip in a 750 HP rear engine dragster.

19. DAVEG2

DAVEG2

Won a 50/50 one time for $265, a week later hit one for $90. Never won another.

20. mustang6147

mustang6147
    from Kent, Ohio

About 5 years ago, It seemed I won at every show I attended... I historicaly have bad luck, but in 06 the stars lined up for me.

I won many 50/50's. My car placed in the top 3 at almost every show, 1 show I attended was a fund raiser, and I pulled in while judging was going on, I was on my way home from another show. I took 1st at both. I cruised to Toledo, and won long distance at the Toledo Speedway classic, then landed up at the end of that really strange year my car was feature in the Cruisin times, for cruiser of the month.... Since 06, I have only won a few 50/50's. Nothin like the streak of 06 though...... Really wild.

21. patrod

patrod
    from idaho

I won a free haircut once, problem is I'm pretty well bald!!

22. hallrods

hallrods

After 20 years of going to th nationals and back to the 50's I won a 200.00 dollar gift card from speedway this year

23. drptop70ss

drptop70ss
    from NY

Two trophies this year for the Buick, no paint and all :) I dont go to shows for trophies but I must say I was flattered to get them, very cool even though it is just plastic and wood.

24. clubcoupe37

clubcoupe37

Ive won a lot of odds and ends over the yrs but I won 2 bbq grills once at a local show once.

25. Gman0046

Gman0046

I've been doing car shows for a long time and NEVER won anything that amounted to anything. If I had the only ticket in the drawing I'd lose. The only thing I ever won was a frozen turkey from a supermarket.

26. JunkYardGuy

JunkYardGuy

Won a Weber BBQ grille at a show a couple of years ago.

27. BAD PENNY

BAD PENNY
    from mass

Last fall at the Gathering of the Faithful show in Rochester Ma. my car number was drawn for a prize. I won one of those old suitcase tool kits... too bad there were no tools in it. A few years ago at the annual Ty-Rods show my name was drawn...too bad I'd left before the drawing because it'd started raining. I'm just lucky I guess !!!

28. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

Yes I have.
    Some really nice things, and well some not so cool!
    I think the best thing at a cruise or car show is when someone just says you have a nice car!
    KK

29. coppertone

coppertone

Mary Kay hand cream.

30. Won a air bag set up for rear with compressor and tank at York Nats. and a Walker radiator for my 37 Ford at Northeast Nats. in Vermont