Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Advice with chopping, channeling, and z'ed frames

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Finster5292, Jul 25, 2012.

1. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I've had Model A's & B's, both Highboys & Channelled and really don't have a preference, it all depends on the individual car. I have seen some nicely engineered low slung channelled A's that still look right. It's the variety that keeps this hobby going.

Attached Files:

• mine.jpg
      mine.jpg
      File size:
      148.2 KB
      Views:
  2. F&J

F&J

I'm only 60, so I am too young to remember the really low rods.:D I'm not kidding; there WERE some as low as Tommys pic, back in the 50s, but those were seen on the old airfield drag strips here in the Northeast.

No matter what generation we are from, a lot of us have a favorite style that keeps influencing a new build, well at least for me :rolleyes:. I tried to build a fenderless car, but I could not get it to look right, no matter what tires/wheels and other parts I tried....then one day it ended up full fendered....just like the first rod I owned over 40 years ago had, that was built in the 50s. Now the car looks good to me.

3. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  4. Here's a link to what I think you're looking for http://lastrefugehotrod.com Click on Model A frames and it'll guide you along.
    Hope this helps. I'm one of those old guys who does not sit at the computer, but rather gets out and helps others with their builds. Mine is done, with alot of help from alot of people here on the H.A.M.B. young and old.

Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  5. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

6. F&J

F&J

7. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

so why argue the point :d

8. Gator

Gator

Hellz Yeah Boi!!

[​IMG]

9. Barfff

If crap had an asshole- that's what would be coming out of it

10. VoodooTwin

VoodooTwin
    from Noo Yawk

My eyes are in pain.

11. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

I saw Leno driving that down Hwy ONE last Saturday;)

12. Kreepea_1

Kreepea_1

Tommy, for a quick second I thought that pic was these guys.

Attached Files:

13. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

Its True .... There were Stupid Low Rods in the '50's ......

BUT !!!!!!!

They werent running all the Junk you Fellers think is TRADITIONAL ... Cus ya cant see it.

No S-10 rear ends, Disk Brakes, Mini Van seats, T-5 Trans, Radial Tires, Clapped out S/B Chevy's, Tractor grills, Spider Webs & Rusty Wrenches welded all over.

A guy can build whatever the Fuck he wants ..... But dont Argue your car Is TRADITIONAL or CORRECT because you cant see those parts.

Or the reason i Hate Most ... I USED IT CUS I HAD IT, ISNT THAT WHAT HOT RODDING IS ?

Hot Rodding has been Diluted over the years, Its to bad More guys arent into Hunting the RIGHT parts instead of using what they had or what was Cheap.

14. DE SOTO

DE SOTO

channelled.jpg Coupe.jpg

I also wanted pointout That Both these guys have Great Taste in Power plants !

15. Finster5292

Finster5292
    from California

Ok guys here's the scoop I think I'm taking back how extreme I wanted to go. I just picked up the car and umm I like the way it looks, actually I love the way it looks I don't think I need it on the ground but still think it needs at least a four inch chop and maybe a four inch chann. I think on the ground it might be a little much but I do want it low. I'll post some picks tomorrow and hopefully you can give me some pointers on where to start.

16. wrong place dude,yep we all started somewere,sad thing is we probably are close in age,just one has respect and love for hotrods not rat rods.theres a difference.if you bag a model A,thats just stupid.honestly. sell it,but a bug and chop and rat rod that.please dont fuck up the car.

17. Go one post up and read that

18. i did, and im not convinced >.>

ehh,soon as theres mention of bagging a model A...err.....nuff said.