Register now to get rid of these ads!

What car stuff do you hide from your wife?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kscarguy, Jul 3, 2012.

1. pila38

pila38

I don't hide a thing...can't have a good marriage being dishonest. She's not the biggest fan of my hobby, but she never bitches about it or tells me I can't have something.

2. Hamtown Al

Hamtown Al
    Member Emeritus
    1. Virginia HAMB(ers)

Nothing. I also tell the truth about what I spend. She has been a full time "domestic engineer" since I married her nearly 43 years ago. Every time I have told her I might be buying another car or truck, she has replied, "Whatever you think." She does complain when the cars and trucks start piling up and she particularly encourages me to keep getting rid of all the spare parts ("treasures" to most of us!) that somehow seem to keep taking up residence around here. She's not perfect but neither is her husband!

3. Really? This is the stupidest thread ever. I see threads closed for using a single word somebody didn't like yet other far more offensive stuff is all over the place and this passes muster? Apparently, some must be hiding their balls from the wife. If ya gotta hide anything, something is very wrong.

4. jazzfidelity

jazzfidelity

The pink slip (title), what else? I didn't want to trade in the family van and the '60 Buick for a down payment on a new Pacifica for her, so now she's gone (along with her 2009 Hyandai Sonata), but I still have the Buick..

5. Gromit

Gromit

I'm horse trading for a C3 Vette right now, I'll hide that.. untill her Birthday and hand her the keys. She's always wanted one..I can take them or leave them, but what the heck...

6. bigalturk1

bigalturk1

I buy what I want and spend what I want on cars & Motorcycles.
    I've been with my wife for 24 years total...However we''ve only been married for only the last 4 years. I figure that if she didn't hassle me for 20 years preceding our marriage, them I'm home free!
    Another good thing, she's 55 and only gained two pounds since I met her in 1988!

Attached Files:

7. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

Nothing!!!
    But every thing is a really good deal.

8. power wagon

power wagon

she knows iam a hoarder, cant hide that.

9. Imperial66

Imperial66
    from NC

First I started out hiding the keys, She cut her own set. I then hid the coil wires, she bought extras. Now I hide the batteries, they are to heavy and expensive to buy extras.

Now I just agreed to get her a car of her own.

10. 40FordGuy

40FordGuy

I agree...if ya have to hide your stuff......... Mine only complains when she trips over the car stuff in the garage.............Takes a very special woman, to marry a car guy.....Mine's a keeper !!!

4TTRUK

11. dad-bud

dad-bud

Not much - she appreciates the convertibles and we get on fine.

I guess I'm pretty lucky - only 29 years, and we're looking forward to many many more.

12. Rodders

Rodders

i cant hide anything she would kill

13. maximumslinky

maximumslinky
    from wyoming

i dont try to hide anything any more. the trick is to let her buy all the shoes and clothes she wants. perfect example, a few days ago she asked if she could go shopping with her sister. i smile at her and say "of course you can", knowing that when i ask to order new wheel cylinders and get the studebaker upholstered she cant say no.

14. MUSCLEALMIGHTY

MUSCLEALMIGHTY

Nothing! My wife loves cars as much as i do and she drives them hard like a man!! We often buy cars/car parts together...and then find some way to haul it in our 97 pontiac

15. Larry W

Larry W
    from kansas

Got tired of hiding shit ,so got rid of the wife...

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

I don't hide anything, Heck she'll even buy parts if need be.

17. specialk

specialk

Yep, she just helps me control it - without her the garage really would be a disaster

18. hotrodharry2

hotrodharry2
    from Michigan

I don't hide anything. She supports my habit, oops I mean hobby. By the sounds of most of the posts, alot of us are very lucky Rodders!

19. rusty truck

rusty truck
    from rochester

Filled the Willys yesterday. All this stuff ended up in the living room for now. My wife knows what she signed up for and vice-versa.

[​IMG]

20. 432bullet

432bullet

X2 no lies :)

21. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

You been hangin' round the wrong women friend.

22. Straightpipes

Straightpipes

I hid a 327 block under the kitchen table for the winter once.

23. Jen......

Jen......

i tried hiding a hemi from myself in the hallway , well you can guess what happened when i went through the hallway in middle of the night

Jen

24. No wife. I can put shit where ever I want.

25. Bad Eye Bill

Bad Eye Bill
    from NB Canada

I don't hide anything, be it cars or guitars, I buy what I want and she does the same. Been married 36 years now, must be doing something right.

26. TheEngineer

TheEngineer
    from New Mexico

Stick shift and lack of AC fixes that at my house.

27. Babar40

Babar40
    from Florida

There was a time when she would roll her eyes and ask me "What made you buy that"? Kind of good fun. We were talking about adopting our third child and it was a large financial undertaking. I sold a very close friend, a '63 Bentley S3 so we could move forward. Never had any issues with the stuff I drag home after that. Would let all of my stuff go for another child if I could. Hot rods and family kind of roll together! My 2 cents.

28. cheveey57

cheveey57

She doesn't hide her shoes, so I don't hide my toys.

29. metal man

metal man

Not a damn thing. That's a good way to lose the wife AND the car stuff.

30. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal

Mine would be the keys too but I just buy and build manuals and don't teach her how to drive a stick and everything is good! :D