Register now to get rid of these ads!

New guy in Colorado

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by Mr.Matt, Jul 24, 2012.

1. Mr.Matt

Mr.Matt

Hi, names Matt, been cruising the build and tech threads for years drooling and dreaming, finally got a project of my own, 30 Ford Tudor. Built lots of stuff but this is my first rod so I'm looking for lots of tips and advice, I'd rather do it mostly right the first time, haha. Other than that I got a pretty tight budget, being a full time college student and all, so I'm trying to scrounge and fabricate pretty much everything myself. Seems like my kind of people around here and I'm looking forward to hangin around a bit more!

2. Welcome to the H.A.M.B check out my 1930 modal A sedan build

3. Lil32

Lil32

4. mikeallcars

mikeallcars

Welcome from Tennessee .

5. InkSlingnRatFink

InkSlingnRatFink
    from Garner NC

Welcome from NC cant wait to see this beauty done. Would love to own that body style one day. Whats your plans?

6. Mr Freeze

Mr Freeze

Welcome aboard...

7. Mr.Matt

Mr.Matt

Kicking around a few ideas, the body is real solid and I got a pretty decent set of fenders with it. I'm planning to go full fendered and non-chopped for now, and get it as low as possible. I found a Chevy 153 to put in it, I saw a few threads about them on here, might be kind of cool. I'll probably go with a standard drop axle and spring up front, maybe an unsplit wishbone if it will clear everything, and juice brakes. Still looking for ideas on a rear axle and suspension set up. first thing though is I need to sort out the frame, it came with two original frames one looks recently boxed but it has a sag in the drivers side rail, it looks like it was mig welded but with huge continuous beads, the other is un-boxed but it was stretched around 7 inches in the rear probably to go spring behind. I might just start fresh and weld up a set out of 2x3. I just want to keep it kind of simple since its my first one, nothing too fancy or crazy, may seem boring to some but I'm real stoked about it. And of course its gotta have that just right old school feel.

8. Mr.Matt

Mr.Matt

Ha been lurking there a minute already! I really like how its coming out. I'll definitely be staying tuned.