Register now to get rid of these ads!

I really need help!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cutlassboy68, Jul 23, 2012.

1. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

I know this is off topic I just have no idea where to start, So before i begin I do apologize.

I have a customer bringing in a '68 lamborghini Miura... I have no Idea where to get parts for this. Can anyone shoot me in the right direction?
    Tryed dog fight to no avail. Any forums, or website, or someone to call/ email. Im not picky.

Please help if you can, And again Mods im sorry

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

What kind of parts are you looking for?

3. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

carb rebuild kits, gas tank?, brake parts, ignition system stuff... Would probably get me by... Thanks guys i really do appreciate this

4. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Lambo stuff has some... Rest a bust.
    Thank you 47plym!!

5. rodknocker

rodknocker

Maybe widen your search, was lambo using engine parts from VW or Porsche back then? I can't imagine the engine/carb was Lambo specific but maybe I'm wrong.

6. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

The engine was lambo specific, its a v12, The carbs ive found, Theyre the same as ferrari, and some porsches, webers.

I really cant thank you guys enough!

7. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Don't you think maybe you would have been better off just passing on this job ? Sometimes when we go outside of our area of expertise in an effort to get some work or to please a customer it all goes to hell in a handbasket. Those cars are not anywhere near like working on a conventional car and if you don't do them regularly you can get upside down real quick.

Just wondering.

Don

8. rodknocker

rodknocker

9. rodknocker

rodknocker

10. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

Don, I work on classic porsches, 55-72, all the time and this guy is a regular customer. Only reason Im trying to help him out.

Ya... I told him it would probably be 8-10k... I think its gonna be way more... I think i got enough to do the research I need. Thank you all!!!

Wont get the car for a few weeks, Backed up already

11. Cantstop

Cantstop

words to live by...... Buddy had a body shop took in a vintage Rolls Royce his guy cut through the rear brake line because it was run thru dead space between the floor and rocker. Thing didnt use brake fluid it used mineral oil. It seemed every time he touched it it cost him money.

12. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

The reason I mentioned it was that I worked at a marina where the General Manager would take boats in for repair that we had no business working on. He would always say "Let's just get the work and we will figure out how to fix it later." :rolleyes:

No matter how we tried to tell him that some of them were just jobs we weren't equipped to handle, he would still take them in, and we would almost always end up paying some outside vendor to fix what our guys screwed up on it. We lost $ 10,000 on a $ 20,000 job one time. :eek: Since it was my job to deal with the customers I got to hear all the bitching and threats of lawsuits.

But if you work on exotics already, you should be ok.

Don

13. pitman

pitman

The guys at Competition motors in Portsmouth, NH always took in strange birds as well as the classics. They have a web page. You might ask about any significant $ parts. Good luck with the Lambo.

14. Cutlassboy68

Cutlassboy68
    BANNED
    from Boone, Nc

If i didnt have some background with exotics I wouldnt touch it. I just gotta do alot of research... I have shelves upon shelves of original manuals i just grab every chance i can. I do have stuff on a 68 Lambo, just not a miura... The parts is what really had me worried, but i found most of everything.

Again and again, THANK YOU FOR HELPING AND BEING UNDERSTANDING

15. Fenders

Fenders

What you said... and it applies to all trades and professions. Doctors, lawyers, Indian chiefs, and repair shops.

Sounds like Cutlass has it under controll, though.

16. 64gal

64gal

Hi, its been a long time, but try these numbers: Parts source-207-236-9791 and A.W. IMPORTS-800-392-6833. Those were for the easy stuff,but who knows? Maybe they can turn you on to a good source. We used to order a lot of stuff for Mura's from a place in England, but I couldnt find the number and I dont remember the name. Good luck.

17. Perrorojo

Perrorojo

Good luck, the Miura is the holy grail of Lambo's.

18. onlyonthurs62

onlyonthurs62

take a pic of her when you get it....i would love to see that beauty :)