Register now to get rid of these ads!

Heavy Rebel carshow!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by disorderlysaint, Jun 7, 2012.

1. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Jeremy? Did you mean Me or more accurately everybody telling you that? Just kidding dude, I love Audi S4's! ;)

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Jeremy, Jefferey, Jesse, what's the difference in all you James guys. :D

Lol, yeah I meant you, but I'm sure he doesn't care either.

Now I need to build something that is as fast as the S4. Gonna be kind of hard.

3. I will be there. Hopefully I can drive my car.

4. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Get ready Heavy Rebel is almost here. Here are some pic from last year show. This is place you have to be. If you have tradition car you live in the United States you need to be at this show.

Attached Files:

5. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yep I'm excited! However I still don't have a running car.

6. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

JJ want is to problem. How about your 1935 Ford Coupe? I was thinking you were driving it. You still going. You can not miss the Orca Betty in the mud pit.

7. Sumfuncomet

Sumfuncomet

What exactly is a heavy Rebel? Is that one of the ultra large dudes you see at shows wolfing down the deep fried twinkies and fried dough?Or is it a redneck kinda guy stuck on some long forgotten war witha Confederate flag front license plate? Please enlighten me.

8. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Yeah my '35 that's the one I've been working on for the last 2.5 years!!! Still not driving!!!! Everything else I have I haven't even touched! Yeah I'll still be going though even if I have nothing to drive. Gotta set up the Sugar City Booth and spread the word ya know?

9. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Come on down. You can stay with my Uncle Jessie III aka Toothless Jake. He lives on a pig farm by himself by the Railroad tracks. Toothless Jake love to have people over to stay the night. He just put in a new bathroom outside by the pig lot. If he likes you he might fix breakfast.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  10. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

I am going to have buy one of your shirts. You will have to sign my shirt. Man you have great eye. I realy have enjoy my Iron Lord shirt from last year. I will be by Sugar City Booth. Peace Out

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  11. [​IMG]

12. Hey Curtis, do you guys have route planned out for your trip? I'm trying to find a good route that's not all Interstate. There is a few of us coming from down here in the Columbia area and didnt know if it was possible to ride up togther with you guys, as we are planning on leaving Friday morning and heading back early Sunday as well. According to Mapquest it looks like our paths may run near each other in the Charlotte area.

13. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

1 week to go bump

14. rockable

rockable
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I'll be there. Hope it's not this damned hot!

15. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Well its obvious I wont get the motor back into my 50 so I will be bringing a chopper.

Look me up and say hi at the show. I will be somewhere close to this thing.

[​IMG]

16. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Nice bike. If was to build or buy a bike that is style I like. How far are you on 1958 Chevy from the pic. it look like you are about ready for paint. Have a safe trip to the show.

17. 58 Delpala

58 Delpala
    from NC

Willie the 58 is 95% ready for paint. I have the pass side done and its had its final block sanding, the roof and trunk and hood are done I just need to finish blocking the driver side. Once I get the 50 back together I am going to put it up for sale and use those funds to finish the 58 with paint and interior. Everything else is ready. chrome, carpet, accessories, wheels tires, etc.

See you guys this weekend and make sure you arrange for a fire hose because of the heat :)

18. jcillch

jcillch

Driving up again this year from Florida. Leaving Thursday. Gunna lolly gag through the south for a couple of days. Where is this caravan from sc leaving from on Friday?

19. Turtle64

Turtle64

Wish I could make it up there with my Geargoyle brethren but I have all work and no "funds"! Look out for PBR showers in the forecast! Hope y'all have a great time!

20. 58-Frank,
    I seen your bike at the Westside/USO Picnic and didnt know that was you. Im Tommy ("Juiced 64" from Layitlow) I was the one driving the rusty model A coupe. Look for us at Heavy Rebel so we can actually meet this time. It'll be good to put a face with the name.

21. Some of the many fabulous cars I saw:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last photo is D-Russ and 57 HEAP

Thanks to the Iron Lords for their hard work and the rest of the HRW crew.

22. Nice pics, Sam.
    Wish I could have made it to the show...

23. We missed you Martin, and the rest of you VA guys that couldn't make it. Of course that just left more PBR for us to consume, must stay hydrated you know!

24. mrrocket

mrrocket

Probably a little late in response, but life and work and weekender does that to me:

Sumfuncomet: it's pretty simple. Heavy Rebel is in reference to the Heaviest Rebels of Rock and Roll. Hence our banners of around 25 rockers from Hendrix to Cash to Hank Sr to Dean Martin and so on...but I hear fried twinkies are damn good. Regardless, ya missed a damn fine show.

And I am sorry if the description of the fee's was not clear enough. If you are coming for the whole weekender (bands, burlesque, vendors, side show acts and contest) then you can park/show your car for free. If you are just coming for the car show there is a fee to park your car in the show. 2013 will change a little. You only need to buy a one(1) day event ticket to park your car in the show, and that would only be 15 dollars more than the car show price (next year). So you can get around 30 acts for 15 dollars more than just parking/showing. And for those that didn't see the awards this year...holy crap! the Iron Lords, Road Devils and Saints did an amazing, AMAZING job.

Website being revamped and we will have updates and a newsletter coming soon. Also, some other changes coming for 2013. One being more strict entry guidelines and much more strict enforcement on those who sneak in and park via side streets. Those people will be removed. Cheap asses (i'm sure not any of you all).

25. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

Thanks for all the hard work. I know it take alot to put on show of this size. I will be there a gain next year. Also thanks for all the club that help to show. Please keep up the great work.