Register now to get rid of these ads!

New Beach Hop Project Car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Beach Hop, Aug 2, 2005.

1. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

The Beach Hop is New Zealand's biggest Nostalgia Festival and celebrates the music, fashion, dancing, culture, bikes and cars of the 50's & 60's. Beach Hop 06 is 26 April to 30 April 2006. Each year we create a promotional car as a local community project.

So we now have this 4 door 58 Chev Bel Air to play with. It runs a 283 and 3 speed stick shift.......

Any ideas on what we can do with it? Who's got pics of custom 58 4 door Bel Airs? Photochoppoers - let's see what you can come up with! (apologies if the photo is too large!)

[​IMG]

Cheers

Noddy
    http://www.beachhop.co.nz

2. Hey Noddy! It's Marty from "Black Snapper" band here. This is a great board, man!

3. 55olds88

55olds88

Back to the top for ya Noddy, there was a post from one of the Euro guys here the other day with a real nice 58....... kept all its doors etc too.

4. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Drop it, mild chop, keep most of the side trim; but help unclutter it, same colors. stock wheels w/ one off kustom caps. And a hood.:D 00.02

5. Mild customise it Larry Watson style

6. Better make it float, 'cos when I win it next year I'm gonna need to drive it back here!

7. Alfster

Alfster

Noddy,
    Great to have you on the HAMB.

How about getting them school kids to get your T bucket running for next years Beach Hop. :cool: :D :)

Alfster

8. aedan

aedan
    from ###

no fotochop but two-tone purple flake, lowered with reversed chrome steels would look awesome

9. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey Noddy,
    Think you need to edit your title to ask for some photoshop help.

10. I second Alfster on getting the school kids to get Nastee running again. Noddy, can you post a pic for other HAMBERS to see? Its a truly mind blowing car!

11. Alfster

Alfster

Noddy take note. get the T runnig before we start a rumour on the Beach Hop forum. :D :D :cool:

12. Beach Hop

Beach Hop

Howdy you mob!

I've been a lurker around here for a couple of years - 55Olds88 put me onto it after we chopped up the BH Falcon convert. You should see this car now - the dude who won it has gone all out with it - we've just put a show piece 302w/C4/8" in it for him. Plus new chrome soothies etc etc... We were going to take it to Palmy Swapmeet tomorrow but the new motor has a few "issues".....

I actually did an intro back in May - check it out here:
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54689&highlight=noddy

It has a fairly grotty picture of the Bucket. Actually went into the shed tonight and lifted the cover. Yep - it is still there! I'm waiting for it to become a nostalgia rod. Has plenty of rust on the chrome, but there isn't much in the body yet - damn!

And NO!!!! THE BEACH HOP WILL NEVER WORK ON MY MY CAR!!! Understood??? When working on these projects we make compromises and go with the flow. The Bucket is my car and it will be done my way and no one else will tell me what to do as it will be my $$$ going into it! It will see the road again one day - but won't be for a while. Have to get my body back in shape first......

Pedro - are you coming over to BH06? Be great to see you here again! We've had plenty of feedback from Aussies who are coming over - our promo trip to the Wintersun paid off. We've got some really good stuff planned to make this one the best yet. There will be another pre-view in the NZ Hot Rod mag soon. Also, on line registration will be up and running in a week or so.

Marty - shouldn't that be "The Chrome Spanners"???? LOL. One of my biggest let downs from BH05 is that I didn't get to see ANY bands! Pissed me off that I was out there trying to keep things under control instead of kicking back and having a beer soaking up some good tunes. So how did your gig on the boat go? Should we do it again? If we can arrange it, would the band want to play at the Wintersun next year?

Alfster - I dig your T! It has it all going for it. Everytime I see it I just soak up all then little details. Now tell me, did we manage to get a "T Register" up and running at the BH this year? We're thinking about doing the Tee Party again as they looked great all lined up together. We're having an American Graffit theme next year - we might do a Duece line up as well.....

Who's going to Palmy? HAMB beers anywhere? We'll be in the Sprint.

And how about some pictures of Kustom 58 Chevs!

Noddy

13. woodbox

woodbox

Hey Noddy,

Great to see that BH06 is under way. 05 was my first time and I had a ball!!

Stayed on beach access 25 about 2 mins walk from the middle of the action.

The weekend gave me some serious motorvation to get my current project on the road for 06Nats in my hometown of Whangarei but if I cant make this run the next important date is BH06.
    I have been trying to post a photo of my project 1927 lakester on here but to no avail.Ill keep trying!

14. Jeez, this place is full of kiwis!!!

Noddy, we'd love to do Wintersun.

I'm going to Palmy with Kiwi Rodders (I've joined up with my 55 Plymouth). I'll be wearing a Sun Studios cap I got in Memphis, should'nt be too many others there!! LOL!!!!

15. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Buzzard's ole lady has a beauty....you out there Buzz...post some pics.

16. JasonK

JasonK

Here is one for you. Don't give me too much shit, I'm pretty new a Photoshop....

Attached Files:

17. 55olds88

55olds88

Hey Alfster, check your PM's I got your Von Franco DVD here.
    Woodbox, by your local you woulda known John Holden ? I miss seeing him and his Olds around the place.

18. Alfster

Alfster

Don't know about the T Register. My nephew Fish was driving the modified at the Beach Hop. Only time I drove it was to take Simon from Street machine for a blast around the block. Fish did mention it to me but I don't know what happened from there. I will ask him.

So, as to next years Beach Hop? An interior (of sorts) :D :) is being fitted to the modified. We still have a rebuilt 371 blower that was going to be fitted to the modified but we just couldn't bring ourselves to remove the 5 carb setup. So now it is being fitted to Fish's custom 54 Dodge flathead for next year. :cool:

I also just left a workshop in Cambridge that has another GMC modifed being built for next years Beach Hop. Steel body, A frame rails. I better not say anymore as the owner/builder lurks on here. :cool:

19. A 3-71? I like the sound of that! I have a McColluch blower and a Marten Roots type blower that I can fit to my Model A one day.

I am interested in the T register! Will have to fast track getting my T running!

20. Alfster

Alfster

The 371 was rebuilt by Al's Blowers many years ago and has never been used. It has Al's font and rear plates. A neat piece.

Attached Files:

21. Wow! I'll be interested to see that on a 54 Dodge flattie, as I'm running a 55 Plymouth which I believe is the same motor, 230 cubes.

22. woodbox

woodbox

Gidday 55olds88, Yes I was lucky enough to have crossed paths with John Holden. He was a founding member of Northern Street Rods along with a few of us and will be missed. Cam has joined up and Johns boy, Luke Holden is doing well by all acounts. I will be proud to tell Luke when he grows up that his dad was a mate of mine and was instrumental in getting me deeply involved in rodding. In fact I bought a 327 off John and helped pull it out of his Nash and it ended up in my 46 Ford coupe. Like you said I will miss seeing John getting around in his cool rides but it was good to see the Olds at the beach hop this year with his brother Paul behind the wheel. If we all put half the miles on our cars that John did we would be doin damn well!!!!
    Cheers Woodbox.

23. Rckt98

Rckt98

Hey Paul,
    How's the Olds register coming? Got the motor back into the Holiday today, hopefully ready to fire up next weekend. Fingers crossed it will get me further than it's maiden voyage to this years Beach Hop. 5 miles out of town and a piston that had behaved itself for 49 years decided it had had enough.
    Still got down with friends for the weekend and enjoyed.

24. BlackFlag

BlackFlag

Couldnt chop in a hood. Also, I cant give it glare, but this would of course be gloss. Scallops wouldnt hurt it either. PS, im still learning

25. 55olds88

55olds88

Sounds cool,
    Register is comming along nicley, will pop an email out soon and try to orgainse a shed raid deal for late Sept ??
    Woodbox, I talked to Cam last night, she sounds like she is doing o.k. and the young fella is doing good. we will be up late this year so will take the time out for a visit, along with having Old's in common John and I have similar kids boy and girl and around the same ages.
    Do you guys still do a swap around the middle of winter ?

26. That 3-71 looks nice! You gonna fit the five carbs to it?

27. Now THAT would be something to see.

I just realised, we appear to have hijacked Noddy's post! Oh well, what the heck.......:p

28. Alfster

Alfster

The blower is now going on Fish's 54 Dodge. We just can't bring ourselves to remove the 5 carb setup from the GMC.

29. s.r.i.

s.r.i.
    from Hell

Well, there is a guy with a 331 Hemi for sale on this site. Nothing beats an elephant.