Register now to get rid of these ads!

Salina pics, you bitchez...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JK, Aug 1, 2005.

1. leadsleadolds

leadsleadolds

Yes they did the sign was for the people in the little busses or were those vw's busses. Either way someone is retarded be it the people reading or the people writing.

2. This is horrible.

[​IMG]

The leaf springs are up-side down, so they are not working properly. It has a steering rack on a beam, thats asking for trouble and it has cross-plys on the front and radials on the back.

Yuck!

3. bump

bump

JK and mom, kool pics thanks for sharing, who's the cutie? Crash said you kruzed to show in style! dig the buicks ...................Burnout!

4. HighSpeed LowDrag

HighSpeed LowDrag
    from Houston

Fantastic pictures!!

It's reassuring to know that certain PT owners are already aware that they have no class. It may actually save me some time -Less of them to tell.:D

5. So springs only work when compressed... not in tension? Haven't you ever seen an underslung suspension before? I'll have to admit the rack is not all that pretty but it was very functional on the beam. If it had been mounted on the frame it would be a different thing altogether.

To bad you thought it was so nasty. I thought it was cool to see a different interpetation instead of the same old thing. Dare to be different. That's the formula I used on my coupe.

6. Prove me wrong, show me a factory car, truck or what ever that has leaf springs mounted up-side down.

7. Deyomatic

Deyomatic
    from CT

What is this? Buick?

Attached Files:

8. Mojo

Mojo

I've seen 70's era 4WD Chevy trucks with the front leaf springs in tension, from the factory. I've always read that it was best to mount a rack to a beam axle to resolve any bumpsteer tendencies. Seems sound to me, not pretty, but mechanically sound.

9. 67Imp.Wagon

67Imp.Wagon

Good pics JK. Show looked great.

Forget the English Bulldog. Buy an American Bulldog. They are just like old cars. Bigger and better built. :D

10. Check out the Stutz. The axle is underslung, but this wasn't my argument. Check out the leaf spring its the conventional and right way up.

[​IMG]

Like I said prove me wrong and show me a factory car with up-side down leaf springs.

11. I cannot find a good example of a prodution car like this but I still don't see what the problem is with the spring. If he had just taken a spring and flipped it I'd agree as the shorter springs would be on top and of little use. What I see here looks like it was re-arched the other direction. Explain why this is bad.

12. Beemer

Beemer

Google "American Underslung" sometime. Since when does something have to be on a factory car first before it can show up on a rod? As the owner of this car, I can assure you that it works very well! But, I'm also use to people who think it won't work.

13. Welcome! Neat ride, dare to be different. You might want to post an into in a new post so the intro police don't get ya.

14. Very nice cars....the 33 3window is bad-ass.

15. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

Ta the point on underslung springs........

Besides the American Underslung, check out most pre-war Jaguar,MG,
    Triumph and Lagonda , Morgan etc. for underslung springs.

16. It's a '48 CHRYSLER 6 cyl biz cpe with an 8 cyl front clip. Belongs to a friend of mine Greg Pittman here in Colorado Springs.

17. The red Mopar is a '48 Chrysler 6cyl business cpe with an 8cyl front clip. Greg Pittman, Colo Spgs Co. is the owner/builder.