Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lemonade out of Lemons? Merc roof to Hudson sedan...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustynewyorker, Jul 17, 2012.

1. So I have a fairly decent '48 Hudson Super Six 4-door sedan no one much cares about here, it's already set up for late motor mounts and needs a nose.

I also have a '51 Mercury coupe roof, doors, and the front portion of the quarter panels. I've had it for sale for months, have had three deals made on it, and each time the buyer either has no money then, or vanishes into the wind and can't even be bothered to tell me he changed his mind.

So.... any idea if the Merc roof could be fitted to the Hudson? The key will probably be if it's too wide for the shell or not. The roof is 80 miles away in storage so it's not convenient to measure it. I would just cut the Hudson down to the floors behind the cowl and splice in the Merc doors, B-posts, etc. and figure out the trunk later. Maybe keep the Hudson windshield and A posts.

It's just an idea that came to mind because I've had zero interest in the Hudson; maybe as a custom coupe it would be more interesting.

Attached Files:

2. striper

striper

With what you have there I'd say you have nothing to lose and a lot to gain. How hard could it be? Right?

3. To me it seems like a measure a couple dozen times, take good photos, mess with it in photoshop, measure some more, then maybe start in on it.

I have a good shop to work in now, though, so I'll need stuff to do in the winter -

4. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

Graft a merc roof and doors onto a hudson, shave the tail lights, kustom grill, etc. and voila! you've got....A merc. :D

I say go for it.

5. Koderboy

Koderboy
    from Monroe ia

Do it! I think itll look badass and def be one of a kind!

6. I say go for it.

7. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

Joe in Michigan has been asking me a bunch of questions about reroofing his merc. I told him he better snap to it rustys para are gonna be gone!

8. I snagged it!! Lol calling me Thursday to seal to deal.. Working for ups steals my damn TIME LOL