Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage 2012 MELTDOWN DRAGS * Vintage Drag Meet * July 21-22

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Von Hartmann, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Red71

Red71
    from Illi-noise

HMMMM just think back to when we were begging the owners about
    keeping this a closed event. Boy will they be surprised.
    Thanks you guys for all the hard work and time for this .

2. I yam preregistered,do I tell'em this at the gate? Is there a seperate line to get in for us preregistered?I sent no money but you guys asked me to preregister so I did and I am guaraunteed to race before I make a two hour pull right?

3. We will be at the gate looking at every car. If your name is on the list it will go smother. There is only one gate and line for race cars. You pay when you enter the track. Yes you are guaranteed to race.
    See you there!

4. I see! Thanks! R~R

5. Saxxon

Saxxon

2 hours ?? I wish...
    3 of us are loading up the beast on an open trailer and jumping into a crew cab for a 15+ hour tow (one way) from Winnipeg Canada ! We'll be the ones with a Red and White Scout that looks like it has been shrink wrapped... Can't wait !

Someone down there better tell the weather gods to hold of on any plans for rain... Oh oh...did I just jinx the trip ?

6. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Saxxon......you guys are warriors, 15 hours.......WOW
    Hope they have a long distance award for you guys, thats alot of milage

7. Saxxon

Saxxon

Yah...don't think we'll be making a habit of it...
    But you gotta do it at least once... just so you have the stories to tell

8. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

WOW, drive that far and they still make you pay?

in fact, it seems odd that any racer should pay to put on a show

9. Bean Dip

Bean Dip
    BANNED

15 hours+ for me as well and the money goes to the track. Fugitives don't care about the money and neither do I.

10. Saxxon and Bean dip,Good Luck and I hope to see ya there!

11. II FUNNY

II FUNNY

bobwop.

There's no gun to anyones head. Bean Dip is right, they're comming to this event because it's the best one there is. If you got a problem with how things are run maybe you should start your own event.

12. bobwop

bobwop
    from Arley, AL

that is really hilarious!

13. otg340

otg340

After the THOU$AND$ of Dollars I've put into my Rail and campaigning it, what's another 30 bucks to attend my FAVORITE Vintage Drag Race of the year??? I'm Freakin' GLAD to pay it!!! NOTE: I've paid over 100 bucks to attend other Nostalgia events while running with the NDRL & NPCA! Plus - I really believe in supporting the smaller tracks I use (I purposefully buy ALL my food & drink there too) so that hopefully they stay financially healthy enough to be around for me to run at next year!!!

14. Very well said, Mike!

15. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

WOW....we have 2 guys coming from 15 hours away...another from 18+ yet another 18+ ...and many more.....Bean dip is correct ALL funds go to the track..... I am glad we have the opportunity to share this info, so MORE people can come to support our cause which is to HELP keep a small track open and operating for us ......and of course vintage drag race at a vintage track.....and to those who UNDERSTAND...from myself, Paul, Ryan and all the MDA members and associates.....

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!

16. Saxxon

Saxxon

I took the first line as joke and the second line as someone who might be missing the point. I'm not coming out to put on a show, I can do that every second weekend at my local track and post videos or show up every Sunday at our local cruise site.

I have no issue with an entry fee. In fact I hadn't given it any thought until you mentioned it in your post. When I did look it up I was actually shocked to see it was ONLY $30. I had assumed it would be somewhere around $100... I pay $75 / day + gas to race locally and I get 4 maybe 5 passes so $30 is a bargain. Geez, for that matter I pay about the same amount for a 2 hour movie and crappy popcorn. The fact it goes back to the track is a value add to me.

Ultimately it is our choice to attend and I'm willing to make a long tow and pony up $30 at the gate for the opportunity to meet and greet with others who share the same interests, drool over all the cool cars and soak up the history and experiences. If I had been contacted by the event coordinators and asked to attend to put on an exhibition or to put on a show then that might be a different matter. But they didn't and it isn't. That makes me just like everybody else who is attending regardless of the distance travelled.

3 days and counting before we start the great adventure...

17. Ok..almost convinced...LOL

Rick

Attached Files:

18. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

30 dollars? That's a lot of entertainment.......... for $30!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. neighborkidswillys

neighborkidswillys
    from byron

If $30 is such a burden, you don't have to come. And if you do you can leave the attitude at home.

20. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

My beer bill will be more than admission. I think??

21. smautobody

smautobody

you think? ha ha I would bet the farm on that brother,I'm going on friday Johnny when are you planin on geting there

22. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

We are leaving early friday and should be there bout 1. Are you guys runnin wirh the Mid west gassers? When you getting there?
    Looks like a fun weekend commin up.

23. smautobody

smautobody

I'm running lone wolf if the greatlakes gassers didn't mind I would run with them just kinda playing it by ear sounds like we may get there around the same time save us a spot next to you if you can.and yes it sounds like a blast for sure

24. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

815 miles each way for us, how ever long thats going to take. It will be worth it to go to a nostaliga race and not be surrounded by Camaros and a host of other cars that are slammed and tubbed with Super Pro on the windows.
    Gregg

25. Greg;
    Ok..NOW I know I'm coming out to this deal...

Heard there's a party at "Tom's"...LOL

Rick
    ===========================================

26. rotten johnny

rotten johnny
    from Mi

Ill save you a spot. As I understand they will park our group together but Ill get a end spot if i can.............if you run with someone, run with us...the beer is colder here.........................I know

27. Falfasnightmare

Falfasnightmare

Right on guys!!! NO camaro's or pro-mods. or other incorrect stuff....they are invited to the car show...only.

Glad to see your making the haul from Pennsylvania.....WOW.....we have a long distance award.....and it will be tough to figure out who gets it.....WOW!!!!

28. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Sorry I won't be making the trip up with Bean Dip.
    Still got the trans out of the 57 scattered across the work bench.
    Have a safe and fun weekend and I hope to make it up there next year.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  29. 55chieftain

55chieftain

Well i'm pretty bummed right now :(, I went to test and tune over the weekend to make sure I had all my bugs worked out and ran into some valvetrain issues and won't be able to make it. Whats it's going to take to fix it takes up all the tight budget I had to even make it. Best of luck for the event and everyone please be safe. Bill

30. Class Reunion

Class Reunion
    from N.E. PA

Hey Rick, are you and Brenda comming? COOL. Yeah going to Tom's first,and they better not drink all the beer till I get there. I know Jon Tompkins is going to be there but I don't know who else from Michigan. If you have any trouble at the border just mention my name. :D
    Gregg