Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Gasket Goons. This Saturday. East Hampton, Ct

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tugmaster, Jul 9, 2012.

1. Just a friendly reminder, this Saturday is the Gasket Goons show at the Haddam Neck Fairgrounds. 26 Quarry Hill Rd, East Haddam Ct
    Todd

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  2. Did any one lose a "K" ?

3. OOPS!!! I fixed it. See what happens when you go to school in N.J.!!!

4. Paul B

Paul B

See you there

5. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Dont forget to take lot's of pics todd ! -lol!

6. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

---------------------------------

7. goon56

goon56
    from new jersey

some of us jersey and pa chapter guys will be up there for sure. cant wait

8. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Just checked the address, and Haddam Neck Fairgrounds is located in Haddam, CT, NOT East Hampton.

Chris

9. ^^^^ Sorry bout that!! I fixed it.

10. F&J

F&J

My son and I stopped by real quick on a local trip. He took a cool video of that old time 30/31 A roadster on 32 rails, driving off the trailer and tooling away. The owner has had the car for many decades; a former class winner at CT Dragway back in the old days.

If he can figure out how to uplink from his phone, I will put it up.

11. F&J

F&J

12. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

the owners name is buster cogden, the car was built originally in preston ct ,,also was in the 55or 56 autorama ,great guy to talk to lots of stories

13. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

14. Barsteel

Barsteel
    from Monroe, CT

Ok, nominate me for the dumbass of the year. I drove 1.5 hours one way, figured, Hey, I'll be there my noon, most car shows start around 10, I should have a few good hours.

Arrived around noon, found an empty field with a few porta-potties, an empty band stand, and a few rows roped off.

I approached one of the guys there, and asked "Is it over or am I really early?". He said "Well, it doesn't start till 4PM this year...last year was so hot, they wanted to have it later in the day".

Shit.

So, I got back in my Galaxie and drove home. 3hrs in total, nothing to show for it but a sweaty ass (my Galaxie has vinyl seats, the top was down, the sun was shining bright and it was REALLY hot).

Guess I should dig a little deeper next time to look for showtimes.

On the brighter side, I got to give my Galaxie a nice long run on the highway for a few hours...the most since I've owned it. She never missed a bit.

On the darker side, I did the math and figued out how much gas the beast burns...whopping 10 mpg...but I guess that's to be expected with a tired old 390 4bbl with 3.5 rear end gears hauling 2 tons of detroit steel.

Maybe next year...

Chris

15. sixinarowjoe

sixinarowjoe
    from eastcoast

Well im not calling you a dumb ass ,sounds to me like you went to the car show called Rollin on the river -which dosent start till 4pm-because of the heat and because of the fireworks they shoot off after the show -,at noon today i was walking around the gasket goons show -at 2pm we did a 50/50 raffle -i didnt leave till 430-5pm -.

16. F&J

F&J

My son and i were on a business trip very early today, and heading west on Route 66 over the bridge at Middletown, we saw rods heading east back over the river. So we finished early, and followed the gasket goons signs back east to find the show. We did see one rod heading in a different direction later on, so it must have been going to the 4pm show.