Register now to get rid of these ads!

Gotta cool gift today, but I'm gonna need some help to share it!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by need louvers ?, Jul 11, 2012.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

If you need just a few, or "proofs" take them to the drug store as they are also inexpensive. If a lot, or you need better quality, look for a pro lab. If you have time to do them yourself, get one that is very fast, does negatives and positives, color, B&W, etc. and with the software to deal with as many old types of films / chromes as possible. Can't wait to see some of them. Gary

2. y-oh-y

y-oh-y

I'd bet that if you had the slides downloaded onto disks ( 100 ?) there would be more than enough interest in the copies to offset the costs of a professional copy job.

3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, these are not going to be for sale commercially. But i do intend to share them in much the same way that Rikster has shared Watson's Photo collection.
    My ultimate goal is actually to write an article on Phoenix Hot Rod History, and these will go a long way to that end.

4. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Awesome, I believe Mr. Marks has some pics stashed away as well, and some stories to go with them.

5. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Looking forward to the pics, N. L.

6. Tommy's Cycle

Tommy's Cycle
    from So Cal

Looky Here

Attached Files:

7. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

My dad was a "slide" man and loved to take pictures!
    I got one of those little machines and went to work on a snowy afternoon!
    Pictures all the way back to the 30's of family, trips, and local happenings! They are such a cool timecapsule!

8. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, ronnie suggested the same thing. Now just convincing Don that they are important enough to let me scan them! Dick smith I'm sure would be another...

9. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Speaking of Dick Smith, I think I saw the Beno car at L.A.R.S. with a for sale sign in it.

10. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

11. czuch

czuch
    from vail az

The thought he trusts you enough to save and revere them is an honor of the highest caliber. I cant wait to see the shots.
    I wont come over because I dont have pajamas anymore.
    My dad had slides and the saturation of color is phenominal.
    He took pics on trips throughout the west and alot of historical markers, but we've already talked about those.

12. bdridge

bdridge

Got one of those negative things from Santa. Found a box of mom's negatives and------thats me and mom in the picture 1946 or 47. Spend the money for one its worth it....

Attached Files:

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I think I speak for all of us when I say thank you for your restraint regarding the Pajamas issue!

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Well, i might just have a line on a slide projector and screen! "F'n Joel", Elpolacko's right hand man over at Industrial says he has one. Any body got a place with more room locally than my humble hovel? We probably could figure out how to do an evening here, but it might get a bit cozy for a batch of commited he-men such ourselves....

15. If i was closer i would help you scan them. I have an epson 4490. Best scanner for the money. Its only about $30 more than the wolverine one that a couple people have posted.

16. Cerberus

Cerberus

There are a bunch of sellers on Craig's list selling Kodak Carousal slide projectors in your area. Price range $50-$100. I have one. Great unit. If you were local I'd make the pop corn and we'd have a great show. I have a couple hundred slides of Fremont Raceway (Baylands) and Oakland Roadster show that would be icing on the cake!

17. Rickybop: I'll be there just tell us what time the show starts

18. MilesM

MilesM

I have a slide projector at my shop.

19. MilesM

MilesM

Actually i think there are two projectors there. Might have enough room for some folks also.

20. squirrel

squirrel

I love it when a plan starts to come together.

21. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You do! Ha! Cool... Any chance of a get together down there in the next couple of weeks? Sub question - Did you ever get your H.O. slot car track up and going?

22. Mike

Mike

Bitchin' slide show and H.O. slot cars...sounds like a hoot!

If this does come together, I hope I'm in town for it (my niece's wedding is coming up out on the central coast).

23. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Having a slide show sounds like fun. But it is absolutely the worst way to dupe slides ifn you are considering that at all. You'll have parallax problems, color balance problems, density problems, focus problems, uneven lighting from the projector bulb and probably some more problems I can't think of off hand. Gary

24. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

No, I'm thinking I'll be investing in the magic box that makes slides digital. The slide show will be a look for all locally at this little treasure and a chance to get together and be, well, car guys!

25. squirrel

squirrel

....and the pics from the slideshow will have just the right image quality to post on the hamb

26. MilesM

MilesM

Sure, even after SoCal if you want.

Yes, have the track together but it still needs some mods!
    Drag strip also!

27. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Can you come up if we do this in the next couple of weeks?

28. squirrel

squirrel

I might be able to. I think the only things I have planned in the next month or so is a test night at the Tucson strip probably the 21st, and the trip to Joplin.

also my kiddo lives in Chandler so I can spend the night easily.

29. MilesM

MilesM

I found two 80 slide carousels at the office. I will bring them with me in the morning.

30. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hot Damn! I'll talk to you in the morning Miles.