Register now to get rid of these ads!

Cheap, Reliable Auto Shippers (Recent)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by DrewFace, Jul 10, 2012.

1. DrewFace

DrewFace

Anybody had any recent experience shipping cars/trucks? Currently looking to go from OH to FL with an early 50s Chevy Truck, running condition.

Anyone have any preferences, ones to stay away from, etc? Prices?

Thanks for the info!

2. gggholson

gggholson

Just had a non running '42 Buick delivered from Portland, OR. Used DAS and was very satisfied. Door to door service in 3 1/2 days from time of pick up. 2300 miles/$1300.

3. chaddilac

chaddilac

PM BenD or Marcy Here on the hamb... maybe they can help... they are two of the resident car haulers!!!

4. Hyfire

Hyfire

I used BenD on a Model A body. I would recommend.

I would also say give Exotic Transport a call. They are out of Florida. Might want to try Thomas Sunday just for a quote.

I would STAY AWAY from DAS. Horrible. Used them several times... damage every time. My fault for using them more than once. BAD! Spend a couple hundred more and get a quality service. It will be worth it.

5. There are 3 quality transporters here on the Hamb:BenD, Racinman Rick & Myself.We can all be found in the Hamb O Dex section where you can read all of our feedbacks/references. That is the best way to know you are getting the service you expect. Give any or all of us a call or P.M. for a quote.

6. ed_v

ed_v
    from Kentucky

I used Bill to haul my '51 Pontiac from Chicago to Kentucky back in March. Let me just say that I'm not sure how this man does it. He is a trooper! His communication and promptness was beyond expectations.

Ed

7. RAY With

RAY With

I used Ben D for a Florida to Texas haul and I couldn't have been better pleased with service and price. Ben is first rate in my books.

8. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I tried 3 times to use one Hamb hauler. Got a line of bull shit. I went elsewheres

9. The words "Cheap" and "Reliable" NEVER go hand in hand when referring to truckers/shippers. Reasonable and reliable is possible.

You want it there in one piece and on time you're gonna have to pony-up! Even then there is never a guarantee.

10. A statement like that cast a long shadow on the rest of the Hamb haulers. :confused: HRP

11. I have used several, but the best so far has been FedEx. Yep that's right they ship cars. It was more expensive, but had pick-up with 48 hours, gps tracking on the truck, and excellent service. Like has been said sometimes you get what you pay for.......

12. racinman

racinman
    Member Emeritus

I never heard from this guy so I guess he is just making a statement...

13. Metal Ghost

Metal Ghost

I used Reliable about 3 years back after the first guy, a broker, just couldn't arrange a pick-up from Nowhere, MO to Syracuse. It wasn't all his fault....he did get a truck out after a couple weeks, but a real bad oil leak discovered at the last second caused the seller to want to hold the car to fix (can't complain about that). After that and 3 more weeks, I very kindly said I just had to go with someone else, which turned out to be Reliable. He understood and I knew it wasn't his 'fault', he just couldn't provide the service I needed.

Anyway, they weren't cheap, but I don't think they were crazy expensive either. If I had to think back, oh about $1000 to go just over 1,000 miles. But seriously, this place was way out of everyone's way, and the interstate.

14. We have used Bill three times and he is the best. No surprises and he keeps you up dated. One of the best experiences I have had in buisness over the more than forty years. Everyone should run a buisness like Bill.

Johnny Sweet

15. southern thunder

southern thunder

how is the price calulated. by what it is, or by the mile, or other ?

16. I agree, I do not think he is talking about one of the main 3 transporters here on the Hamb. I know he never contacted me. This is another reason to use one of us that advertise in The Hamb O Dex section, you can read our feedbacks from other Hambers!

17. ryno

ryno

I have worked with Marcy,ben d, and recently was a middle man on a deal with bill
    I will say all offer great service.
    I'd defiantly contact on if them before you call a big chain hauler. Many will pick your car up quickly,but then it will sit at a yard or storage till get more runs your way. Loading and loading your car multiple times and taking more time.

18. CharlieLed

CharlieLed

I have had good luck with DAS but like anything else, hang around long enough and you will hear good and bad about anybody. At least you are staying within the confines of the "East of the Mississippi" region...I can't believe that in this day and age we are still changing carriers to get from one coast to the other.

19. crawdaddy502

crawdaddy502

I recently had a car shipped to me from N.C. to KY. My fault I used the first broker that I looked at! All Coast Auto Transport-do not use! After they got my deposit on a credit card,it ended up costing $250 more because of add on charges! They are just a broker. Ended up with Harts Transport-real nice guy with his own rig. Will use him again!

20. 5window

5window

If you aren't going to tell the story and name names, don't post anything at all.Posts like yours just tarnish the folks doing quality work.

21. Try the HAMB Relay Group here @ http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=214

You can join and post your hauling needs there, or you might find
    someone headed your way that needs a vehicle to haul.

You can also post in the ' Wanted ' section of the classifieds
    here on the HAMB.

Try also doing a keyword search using ' transport ' or ' haul '
    here on the HAMB, you might find someone headed your way.

Good Luck,

Jim