Register now to get rid of these ads!

55 pontiac differential question

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 55yak, Jul 11, 2012.

1. 55yak

55yak

I need some advice if anyone knows. I removed my 55 B&M Hydro and installed a 700R-4. I have to cut my driveshaft and use a yoke for the 700R-4 on the front of the driveshaft, that's a given. My question is: does anyone make a #1310 differential pinion yoke that is the same size as my front yoke to fit into the stock 13 spline 1955 differential that was original, OR will I have to keep the rear driveshaft U-joint as is to use with my old pinion yoke? It sure would be nice if I could have the same size front and rear. If nobody offers this modification, has anybody done it? Does anyone have any sources for information? Any advice would be very appreciated.
    Sincerely,
    55 YAK

2. KoolKat-57

KoolKat-57
    from Dublin, OH

I don't think so, but I have been wrong a time or two!
    Good Luck, KK

3. 55chieftain

55chieftain

The 56 yolk is what you'll need. It's a one year only yolk that uses a regular type u joint instead of a mechanics style u joint.

4. jrlemke

jrlemke

I used a '49 Pontiac rearend in my '52 Chev with a Sag 4 spd. The driveshaft was from a Buick special which used the large G.M. u-joint. I used a pinion flange from the last year that used the old style diff. I think '57 Pont., may have been '58, 25 years ago! Total bolt-up!- Jim