Register now to get rid of these ads!

1928 r.p.u. Build

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Frames, Jul 10, 2012.

1. Frames

Frames

Customer car started Dec 2011. The owner LOVES the grille. Thats all that counts. He couldn't care less about the opions of Chipp Foose wannabe amateur car designers. Maybe I should have used 1934 comercial headlights. Big and ugly is "IN" now with the copy cat crowd. [I can be opionated too] Disk brakes-a cheap way to go. He's not rich like you guys. Exhaut megaphones level, not droopie like store bought. OK so the engine is boring. We won't even be using Olds valve covers. 4" longer suicide doors. fabricated W/S posts, 3 pieces. Sectioned 1" off ledge that W/S sits on. Added 2" to top of body, now front and level. Seats are WW 2 P38. Would you believe P51? 32 Ford airport limo dash.

Attached Files:

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  2. So you built him a car and all he likes is the grill shell? That is what I get out of this, that and you think that disc brakes are cheaper than drums.

I wouldn't give chip the sweat off my balls but that is a personal thing. But if you built a car for a customer and all he likes is the grill shell maybe you should give ol' Chip a call.

I like the little thiningamabob by the way. But you are not going to get much in the line of that's cool, which is what you seem to be after, by being an ass about it.

3. Gotgas

Gotgas
    from DFW USA

I like the car. I don't know why you're so defensive about it.

4. chaddilac

chaddilac

Geez... It's like the second half of a RR thread???

5. doublenickletickle

doublenickletickle

Damn he came out guns blazin didn't he?

Needless to say, love the car...... But discs are cheaper then drums? Wtf have I been doing all these years with all drums then?!? I feel dumb

6. Topless Ford

Topless Ford

Well the car looks pretty cool, I like the lines. But the description filled my brain with WTF. More pics less talk.

7. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

I'm sure if you ask Ryan nicely, he will change your name from Frames to Drama Queen...

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  8. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

Here it's all about the roots.:D

9. 117harv

117harv

I think he is defensive because of the 1933 Willys coupe thread?

The roadster looks great, so does the tube chassis you did.

10. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

I'm sure that's it and I also dug the chassis, but he could try not being so defensive and realise that core traditionalists dwell here and anything outside of that will draw criticism. This thread would have done much better without all the pouting.

11. bfinch56

bfinch56

What's an "opion"?

12. Jeem

Jeem
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, I really like this thing, but I too am not getting the written part.

...and real spindle mounts, just to be ornery.

13. Frames

Frames

LOVES the grille is only referance to the flack I got on my Willys stone guard. Whats not to like on the whole car? Maybe you shoud check Advance for hubs, rotors & calipers. new to computers. Whats a RR thread? Changing name to AGITATOR. OPION Do you read every thread for spelling mistakes? Get a life. Real spindle mounts too pricey. Building a 27 roadster. Thread coming. Don't click on by mistake. Best regards to all my fellow computer junkies.

14. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

Ok, you made your point, you're a dick with an attitude...now fuck off...:)

iwanaflattie and kidcampbell71 like this.
  15. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

X2. Maybe you should start a square one and try understanding what this site is about.

16. traffic61

traffic61
    from Owasso, OK

Well, I give you credit for not using Olds valve covers on the SBC.

Still need to take a deep breath and figure out what this site is all about though.

17. [​IMG]

Hey I got a question. This looks like a piece of flat steel bolted to a piece of angle iron. Does this actually count as a friction shock or is it just there for looks.

18. tinmann

tinmann

Hmmm, this seems to be going well. Carry on.

19. supervert

supervert

Sure, just like koni's , just tighten the nut if you want it stiffer:D

20. This will make me smile all day long!
    Thanks.:D

21. Frames

Frames

Friction shocks. I obtain the friction material from Speedway and cut out discs. The shock arm bolts to a flame cut piece that is the outside of the 1" frame kickup. Have them on my Lakes Modified. Work just fine. See " ROUND TUBE CHASSIS' for sideways mount with dog bone links just because I like them. Not to please anyone else.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  22. Its the ripoff version of Opium.
    Does not give you the same high,and it makes you very defensive.

23. onedge

onedge

1928 RPU? You need to find out what one is before you go any further.

24. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

WTF, decent car. But i see No evidence of attitude?

Mayby it's because english is my second language. Disc Brakes is okay, but for a Hot Rod i would go with the drums!! On you side of the ocean, you can upgrade drums so you car still is safe. So don't bring up disc, it's not what HAMB is about!!

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  25. Just allow yourself to be blissfully ignorant of the in and outs of American English. You will enjoy life a lot more if you don't know when to be offended. :D

The discs are no big deal, people still think that the cheap version GM metric discs are better than drums and he is building for a customer.

By the way you have a good attitude about rods, when the time comes if you need help finding pieces for your drum setup let me know I'll do what I can to help you round up the parts and ship them to you.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  27. Gregg Pellicer

Gregg Pellicer

I like both the Willys and the RPU. Having said that you sir are a douchebag.You come on here with a huge chip on your shoulder looking for the love and attention your mom never gave you growing up. Guess what . It aint gonna happen.If you pay any attention to what goes on around here you would know that car's not 100% traditional will get some critisism.Truth is most of the car's here are not 100% traditional. Example is Don's Hot Rod's current build thread . His car is damn nice not 100% traditional and nobody is giving him any grief. None of my car's is 100% traditional either.Lose your attitude stop insulting our intelligence and maybe people will be nice to you.Again I like both your car's JMO

28. harrington

harrington
    from Indiana

Agreed, why be such an ass? I bet you act like that in real life and wonder why everyone thinks your a complete tool bag...

29. Gromit

Gromit

Will there be a box? I think you need one for the PU part of RPU.. I like it as it is though (with doors). Thicken your skin or it will be done for you just sayin.

30. volvobrynk

volvobrynk
    from Denmark

I just might hold you up on that one! :)

I just had a look at some of frames other builds. I would like to redraw my statement about the 10m car. You know your way around building Rods. And it aint all traditionel, but still good work.

I still don't get the part with the customer dosen't like any thing but the grill. All I see is he loves the front, and might be unhappy with headlamps? Stand to
    be correctet! Do you see anything that i don't?

I love the front friction dampers. So simpel, so beutiful and thats how they where made on the first RR. And in this case i mean Rolls Royse ;-)