Register now to get rid of these ads!

What to do with this??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 07travis, Jul 10, 2012.

1. peter schmidt

peter schmidt
    from maryland

Sell me the roof cowl and one door top. I'd be interested in parts of the quarters to fix mine too. It be nice to have a roof for my coupster I have lots of parts to trade if your looking for anything for your build too

2. goose-em

goose-em
    from Louisiana

I know if it was me I would save it.

3. mailerguy1

mailerguy1

I say go for it. There are replacement parts out there and all the help you could need is on the board for the asking. ;)

4. I'd buy it for a dollar. They don't repop coupe quarters.

5. KRB52

KRB52
    from Conneticut

If you really don't want/need it, put it on Craigslist for, oh, say $30K. Include phrases like "ran when parked", "original patina", "factory original restoration" and "custom bodywork". Seriously, there's potential there, depending on how tall that grass is and how deep the dirt is under it.

6. Rodders

Rodders

i will take it

7. edweird

edweird

ask flamedabone if its savable.

8. 07travis

07travis

Thanks again guys! those of you who want it, or parts of it... sorry, that's the stipulation, I can have the car for "the right price ;)" as long as I don't sell it! But I do plan on getting it up out of the dirt and grass soon... I have looked around for the rest of the parts to the car (this is same pasture I found my current project, an A tudor) and came up empty handed. We did find a few doors in the barn on the farm by this pasture that I think I'm going to have to look at a bit closer and see what they're off of. So you guys may be seeing pictures of doors that I need help identifying! :D

9. maybelene

maybelene

Oh yeah...you can save her. A torch with a cutting tip and a rosebud, and a body hammer and dolly. Buy a set of gas welding rods and start at the least bent place and work your way around. You'll be surprised what you can do in a couple of days of reshaping. Go for it.

10. chevydave1965

chevydave1965
    from Iowa

11. I'm on my way. If there ain't nothing but bolt holes left. It's a keeper,ya can't screw it up no matter how lacking on your skills. !!!

12. gnarlytyler

gnarlytyler

This should be enough for you to attempt it at the very least..

13. 07travis

07travis

I was finally able to get back up to my father-in-laws this weekend and at least got the body out of the dirt and drug back to his place. It's hard to tell in this picture, but it is at least up off the ground now on some timbers. It's right at home next to the T tudor now :D! Now I just have to get the time, and some metal working skills and get started on it sometime!

Attached Files:

• 17.jpg
      17.jpg
      File size:
      221.4 KB
      Views:
  14. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It's got some value here n there. Gas tank may be repairable, I see rear garnish moldings ($$$), perhaps a restorable firewall, and obviously some sections that may help other rough cars. I'm at the age where I'd spend more on less work, but that's just me. Another car just as rough on the left side would be a good "partner" to this one. It's not pure junk but it is a very ambitious project.

15. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

my $.02 .......JUST DO IT

16. saltflats

saltflats
    from Missouri

Looks like a lot more to start with than I have.