Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Women Mechanics and Hot rodders???

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by BetsyVanDeVille, Jul 9, 2012.

1. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Do any of you guys think its totally out of the norm to see a woman like is really into rods? One that doesnt mind getting dirt on them and like to work on old cars? I am from a small town and catch hell from a lot of people other than my pops and two brothers? I am curious, what do you think?

2. jfg455

jfg455
    from NH

absolutely not! I think it is great. More power to you. I wish my wife liked working on cars and could do wiring! Mostly because I hate to do it :D

3. tfeverfred

tfeverfred
    Member Emeritus

I've known a few. Always treated 'em like one of the guys.

4. spiders web

spiders web

My daughters are heavy into cars and work in the garage all the time with me. The oldest on her 67 fastback Mustang and the second daughter on her 67 Gurney Cougar. The youngest is still trying to decide what she wants but she's leaning toward a 50's Metro. P.S. the oldest's, boy friend doesn't know shit.

5. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Spiders_web that cracks me up hahah!

6. graham_paige

graham_paige
    from Australia

My wife can rebuild a gearbox as well of not better (don't tell her that :) ) than me. It's one of the reasons we are still together after 20 years

7. My new friend Kendra is the Real Deal!!! Races the shit out of her Roadster and is currently building a blown '34 Coupe. I call her Dragstrip Girl...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  8. 1950Effie

1950Effie
    from no where

Makes no difference man or woman as long as it keeps the love of Traditional Rides alive! Welcome aboard. Just dig right in....

buickvalvenut likes this.
  9. Look up
    [​IMG]

She is about as hard core hot rodder that you will ever met,,plus she can bake some great cookies! HRP

10. Sphynx

Sphynx
    from Central Fl

I think its awsome. My girlfriend comes from a family with a trucking business and shes always been on the strong end of wrenches. Needless to say she gets in the garage with me. A family that plays together stays together. In fact she helped put the transmission in my "our" 54 chevy pickup today and she really knows stuff shes not the I got dirt on my shirt girl. Shes more of the watchout I got this girl. I know I know I am lucky. Shes a keeper.

11. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

It's so nice to know this and know more and more women are accepted into this area of life!

12. I think it's great! As long as you can build them u can drive em no matter who you are.

13. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

My honey bun works on all of hers...and mine!!!!

her 59
    [​IMG]

her 57
    [​IMG]

Plus her 67 GTO, 72 Nova SS and a 73 Vette 454, t-top she has had 24 years...we have been together 7 years, married 2...Love my baby!!!

14. squirrel

squirrel

It's out of the norm, but good to see. Wish there were more.

15. BetsyVanDeVille

BetsyVanDeVille
    from Mars

Falcon wagon i love those photos! That is really cool and looks very genuine!

16. 51 Leadsled

51 Leadsled
    from NC

Some men put the wives on a pedestal, I prefer a jack stand! We have a good time together because we are together!

17. I think it's cool as hell!

18. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

More power to you, women in hot rods and customs is very sexy,especially if they build them.
    I know a chick on here who works on OT mustangs but is currently building a 53 Ford..

19. Edgrrrrr

Edgrrrrr
    from Kentucky

Have several customers cars in the shop with not enough hands, so my wife has been doing the resto on a 64 corvette while I tend to some other projects. She loves working in the shop, says it relieves stress after dealing with kids all day.( she's a teacher). Went racing Friday night first time in ten yrs, my wife and daughter were my only pit crew. Who needs friends!

20. Out of the norm? Yeah, kinda
    Do I like it? HELL yeah!
    As already said, Denise/hotrodladycrusr will jump in and try anything.
    Kathy/kisam is one of my hotrodchick heroes too. She's the real deal.:cool:
    Megan/chevygirlrox is another one(who I miss) who can do her own builds.

Impresses the hell outta me. :)

volvobrynk likes this.
  21. ShortyLaVen

ShortyLaVen

I think its awesome to see girls work on their own stuff, especially if they really know their stuff. I know a lot of girls that work on cars. My mom is the reason I ever got into old cars (my dad struggles to change his own oil), so I've never thought it to be out of the norm for a woman to wrench. Heck, all three of the girls in my auto shop this year graduated with their NATEF certification, and that's compared to only 10 out of the 20-some boys....

22. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

23. johnod

johnod

24. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

I think that is perhaps one of the HOTTEST traits a woman can exhibit. THAT is my kinda girl.

25. daddio211

daddio211

My wife is always willing to help and doesn't mind getting dirty and greasy, but would rather sit and watch me, keeping me company.

She loves old cars but after spending hours in the sun pulling the inline 6 out of her '48 Chevy pee-cup it kinda broke her spirit. Before that she wanted to learn to weld and do EVERYTHING.

Still, she loves going to shows and cuddling up next to me while we cruise. :)

26. The first time I met Jeanne she was carrying a 348 head...one of a pair with a fresh valve job from her dads NAPA store..That was 39 years and 3 car kids ago..Those of you that know her from her parts biz may not know that she has overcome some real health issues. Cancer 16 years ago and last few years a brain tumor yet she still is in love with anything with wheels from hot rods to harleys..I do enjoy listening to her on the phone or at the shows talking cars and parts to customers....Heres another interesting tidbit..... Jeanne was the first female NAPA counter person in the country..Working the counter in the early 70's when a womans place was in the home or behind a desk doing book work.....They dont get more gearhead than my Jeanne the high performance grandma!!!

27. Lil32

Lil32

28. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

My wife Kathy loves working side by side with me. We have built and drag raced Barracudas. She was the powder puff champ at OCIR. She can sew an interior with the best of them. She can rattle can paint so smooth you swear it was gun shot. She is not afraid to get dirty. Last year she completely rebuilt the bathroom in the camper because she knows wood and I don't get along. She is a keeper.

Youngest daughter is currently restoring a Studebaker pick up. She does all her own work on her Dodge truck including doing a front brake job with new rotors without help.

If you ever meet Kristen from MyRideIsMe.com she is the real deal too. She even took the Gene Winfield metal shaping course. Then when her trans failed leaving the shop she switched it out with help from another one of the Grease Girls club. And to top it off, just like my wife she is cute. She will make some gear head a very fine wife.

29. J.B.

J.B.
    from Sweden

Oh yes, Kendra is the real deal!

[​IMG]

30. No_Respect

No_Respect
    from So-Cal