Register now to get rid of these ads!

I overheard a conversation about my Sedan last night

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HOTRODPRIMER, Jul 8, 2012.

1. I was talking with a few people at a out of town cruise-in standing nowhere near my car and one of the gentleman standing with his back to me ask his buddy did he see the POS 1932 "RR" beside the nice blue 1932 fordor?

Obviously,the guy knows what year the cars were but when his friend chimed in that it had a HAMB topper on it he replied that all the cars on that damn site are POS Rat Rods,,I took offence and turned around to confront him..

I happened to be wearing a HAMB T-Shirt and he said,Oh SH*T,,I have done stuck my foot in my mouth,,his buddy made a hasty retreat.

I talked to the guy in a calm manner and tried to explain the difference in RR's and traditional cars,,I even walked him over to my car and explained that the finish is basically original to the car and is not a rust bucket,,built to drive and safe to drive and most of the cars on the Hamb are a lot more traditional than mine.

More about keeping them on the road and not building them for shock value,,like 99 percent of the POS abortions he was refering too.

I believe I got through to him,,although he was driving a over the top,through piles of money at blown Dodge Charger.,,BTW ,It was a nice car.

You guys don't think my sedan looks like a POS do ya?;)HRP

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. Bad Daddy

Bad Daddy

Ready for the scrap heap if you ask me. :p

3. daddio211

daddio211

There are two problems with your sedan...

1. HIS perception of a what a hot rod is.

2. It's not mine.

4. henry29

henry29

I'll give you $100 for the wheels and tires if you decide to scrap it.

5. pugh433

pugh433
    from toledo

You probably handled that situation a lot better than I would have!

6. roundvalley

roundvalley

I wouldn't trade it for a over the top Dodge Charger!

7. Ghost28

Ghost28

Good for you for trying to set him straight but I doubt it did any good. And no your car is right on.

8. Slick Willy

Slick Willy

How much vinegar have you rubbed on the door and cowl to get that patina??

9. MORodder

MORodder

I'd drive your 32 over a Charger any day of the week.

10. AHotRod

AHotRod

:) ... lol ..... yup, it's a P.O.S. for sure ..... How Long Have We Been here on the HAMB? You did what I've done so many times, just try and explain it, that 's all you can try to do.

11. Looks good in my old eyes.

12. Get that dirty old car into my garage quick. Good job schooling the ding dong.

13. outlaw256

outlaw256

i hate to see what he would have called all my cars if hes calling yours a r.r.! you are a very good person as you handled that correctly. now me on the other hand would have left a very bad impression on him ( or his head). you did good. and i would kill for your ride, want somebody gone..lol

14. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In my eye it's beautiful, in his it's a neglected old car that needs work to be nice.

I'm just glad he didn't see my truck as it makes your 32 look like a creampuff off the showroom floor right now.

15. landseaandair

landseaandair
    from phoenix

You just need to come to terms with the fact that it's seen better days and maybe it's time to get one of those new Camaros. I'll give you a couple hundred and an old 3 speed for it...you can even keep the hub caps as a memento.

16. Merlin

Merlin
    from Inman, SC

A blown dodge charger.... Well theres his problem. He probably also believes in the power of his checkbook, You know lights on in a empty head.:rolleyes:

BTW love the sedan.

17. A shiny paint job is not what gets you home.

18. AMEN ! summed it up ,right there .

19. mikemo

mikemo

If you do decide to scrap it, I'll haul it off for ya...... No charge!:D

20. If I knew ya better Danny I'd say something like, "It's good enough for who it's for." But since I don't I won't.................:)

21. RagtopBuick66

RagtopBuick66

When I first joined this site, I messed up and used the RR words in one of my first posts. I was promptly (and appropriately) grilled over the coals and barbecued until done. The feast was tremendous, and spanned WEEKS. But the real issue was what MY perception of a "RR" was, not that I wanted to build one.

I associated the double-R with dulled paint, old-looking, unrestored, possibly some non-original parts that were retro-fitted for function whilst looking appropriate to the car as well. I think if more people understood OUR (and I say OUR because I now share the same philosophy) definition of a RR they would understand better that that is not what the HAMB is about.

After "seeing the errors of my ways", I, too, frown on RRs and wouldn't be a member of a site that promoted them. Some people (especially those that have the dough to have a classic completely restored) see anything less than perfection as being a RR. I think it's more a matter of perception and education, and you sir, educated someone. And without the teaching aid of a ball of knuckles. (I tend to use props in my educational seminars, which I really need to stop.) Good show.

22. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Your sedan is no good for you :D Bringing in too much negative energy :)

Send it to me and I will only change one thing, I'll cram a Y Block in it :)

23. The whole thing in retrospect was pretty funny,,He figured out in a hurry when he stared directly into my T-Shirt he was in over his head,,,I'm 6'4" and he was closer to 5 foot tall,:eek:

I'm just a cuddly old teddy bear!:D

[​IMG]

24. daddio211

daddio211

Gotta say, I usually handle these situations a bit differently. I usually politely interupt and join in the conversation saying "Man that pile of crap? Did you see how he did..." and name a few things for them to complain more about. Ya know, get real involved in the conversation, then go jump in it and drive by with a honk and wave.

But you spoiled the fun by wearing your HAMB shirt, didn't ya? LOL

25. onedge

onedge

HRP sounds like you handled it. Your sedan is a great 32 the way we like them! Too many people today think everybody wants to hear their lips moving. Nice picture thanks.

26. I would've "clotheslined" him just for fun!:eek:.
    But then again- you tried to educate....Good on you!

27. elwood blues

elwood blues

The guy sounds like a tool. It sounds like he just bought a car to try to look cool. I wouldn't sweat guys that wear clown shoes.. Your cars cool and really you cant buy character which your car has in spades.

28. oldsmobum

oldsmobum

Your car is bitchen... Not too over the top just perfect. Its frustrating hearing awful remarks about your pride and joy, especially from someone who at most got a cramp in his wrist signing checks restoring his... Even if 90% of folks agreed with him, it doesn't change the fact that he is a spineless jerk and you are not.

29. titus

titus

30. HamD

HamD

The only cars I talk about like he did yours, are those obviously built by a shop instead of the owner.