Register now to get rid of these ads!

How many of your wives have said "I WANT YOUR HOT ROD"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by LSR 2909, Jul 7, 2012.

1. LSR 2909

LSR 2909
    from Colorado

I just got a stock 28 Model A sedan.
    I told my wife "When I get it running I'm going to make it my daily driver"
    She said "Then I want your hot rod"
    Of course that won't happen.
    Has anything like this happened to any of you guys?

2. My first wife,NO. My second wife,NO.My third wife,maybe. My latest wife.....HELL NO!!!!

3. I don't care if my wife drives my car. I don't really mind if she washes my socks or earns more monty than I do either.

Now my question is how much more touchy feely can the HAMB get? This is really something for Opra not the HAMB.

4. George

George

They usually say that @ the divorce.....

5. Bodger45

Bodger45

...or the honeymoon.

6. robber

robber

I let my wife drive my roadster one time when she insisted that she wanted to see what it was like. I picked an area where she wouldn't crash into anything and traded seats with her. When she stepped on the gas, it took off so fast, hard and violently, that she stopped as quick as she could and shut it off!:D It scared her so bad that she never asked again.:D;)

My friend just had his wife leave and file for divorce after 28 years of marriage... he asked her if she wanted the house, or the car? She said that she would take both.:eek:

7. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

My wife just said that this morning...But I was already late for work...:D:p

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

I would've called in sick!! :D

9. Acme Speed Shop

Acme Speed Shop
    from so cal

Only four wives Bob?

10. You guys know I only have ONE wife,hahaha....Now girlfriends,that's another story!!!

11. ken1939

ken1939

I remember a wise adage, "If Momma aint happy, no one is happy"

However, not being married, this is a dilema I do not share :)

Build one for her.

12. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

Depends on what time of the month .
    B.B.

13. slddnmatt

slddnmatt

My wife said screw yours I want my own!

14. She drives my Deuce pickup and I drive her '54 Ranch Wagon,,it's a trade off. HRP

15. My wife says get rid of the POC. She want a late sixties early seventies mopar muscle car.

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

After about 20 years of a 32 ROADSTER ... she said she wanted a 32 of her own ... so I built her a 32 3W :)

[​IMG]

She drives it a little ... but mostly NOW the roadster stays at home and we drive the coupe.

17. Old Dude

Old Dude

The only car that I have ever got that she really didn't like was my '49 Nash 600. there have been many, but after the first Ten years, she said they all look alike. i disagree with her on this ! They all look good to me, just some draw more attention. We have been married for 52 years, so she doesn't say much anymore, because she may want some Honeydo things to do. ;)

18. Fugly Too

Fugly Too

What Jeff said.......

I had a bar girl in Korea tell me that one time, but I'm pretty sure it didn't have a thing to do with automobiles.:eek:

19. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

All I know is I had to buy my '40 twice. Once from the original owner and once from my ex-wife.

20. Bonneville Avanti Dan

Bonneville Avanti Dan
    from California

My wife used to drive my 440 equipped 67 Notch Back Barracuda to work. Then she asked me to build her one. But she wanted a better riding and handling one. So I built her a notch back with a healthy 340 and tricked out 727, 83/4 with 3.55's and kept the a/c and p/s. Lowered with fat BF Goodrich radials and Cragers. Had one bad side. Every time we raced at the drag strip she beat me by cutting a better light and running very consistant. Then she took the powder puff championship at OCIR. At least she told people that I built the drivetrain.
    Dan

21. Gizzy

Gizzy
    from N.W,Ohio

My wife HATES my car.No power steering,no power brakes,nothing.You gotta actually drive my car,not just steer it like these new pos cars.Always wants to drive,so last week I said "Here you go".She wanted no part of it.Don't ever expect me to offer again,I only did it to shut her the f*@k up.

22. tjmercury

tjmercury

Mine too, so now she is getting her own. Hey if she puts up with me and let's me keep working in the shop, why not

23. j_johnson

j_johnson
    from Iowa

I bought, repainted, dumped all the money into my 55 olds, and now I cant sell it to fund a 36 3 window....its her car now.

24. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Sometimes they even brag about it after they get it ! :eek:

[​IMG]

Don

25. Muttley

Muttley

I'd set it on fire before I put up with that noise^^^^

26. Are we talking about a car here? :)
    sorry...I'll crawl back out of the gutter

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  27. Mo Mentum

Mo Mentum
    from Arkansas

It's not really a hot rod but my wife took my '68 Camaro. She said it was to prevent me from flaring the fenders. I can't complain though because she replaced it with a Z/28 that's in a million pieces. She doesn't think I'd be foolish and modify it. She overestimates me.

Attached Files:

28. 343w

343w

Someone asked the other day where the term"Hot Rod" came from, we may have hit on it with this thread. The Korean women could have been the source!

29. japar

japar
    from Seekonk Ma

My first wife always wanted my HOT ROD and when my rod wasn't up to the task she went looking elsewhere. I guess thats what happens when you marry a nympho

30. I told her she can have my hot rod anytime she wants but the Camaro is off limits.