Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Andy Griffith passed this morning at 86

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by damagedduck, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

2. robertsregal

robertsregal

R.I.P. Andy,Thanks for all the years of entertainment, you will be missed!

3. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Always enjoyed everything that Andy did, the mark of a good actor. I just felt sad when in his later years he became so liberal/political. Nothing wrong with either (this is America).........just put a reality check on what had become an iconic All American old time patriotic persona.

Frank

4. I love this! Would you be willing to sell prints to us life long fans??

5. smiffy6four

smiffy6four

He was cool. RIP.

A customer of mine was showing me some pictures on his computer about 2 years ago, when I spotted a photo of a police car. I said that sure looks like the car from The Andy Griffith Show and turns out it is the real McCoy. My clients neighbor has the Mayberry police car.

6. edweird

edweird

amen, brother!

7. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Could not say it any better then this.

8. inkblots55

inkblots55
    from New York

I'm glad you liked it. How's 10 bucks plus shipping on matted photo paper? [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  9. I'll take two. You take Paypal? PM me and let me know. Thanks..............E

10. doozcoupe

doozcoupe

RIP Opie Taylor Sr.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

For those of you that have never seen "A Face in the Crowd" it will be on TCM tonight at 10:45 MST, Direct TV channel 256. What that corrolates to in your time zone I'll leave to you, but if you liked this mans work you need to see this one. A much different side of Andy!

12. Awesome,let me know how to send $!

13. Huey

Huey
    from St. Louis

We will miss you ! ROADSTER.jpg

14. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

Born in 1964 I was pretty young when I first heard that whistling tune but I'll never forget it. It was around the same time as I remember 77 Sunset Strip.

Here's an Episode Hot Rod Otis...

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/t9gke57lrT8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> ​

15. 067chevy

067chevy

That is great entertainment

16. Sweepspear

Sweepspear

My Wife who also didn't have the best childhood, told me She used to wish & pretend Andy Griffith was her real Dad.

17. I'm not old enough to have seen the show when it was on...but I bet I saw all the reruns. I don't think when I watched the show back then I watched it for moral lessons....but when I see it today that's what I think of. May they show Andy Griffith Show reruns so long as there is TV.

Thank you, Andy.

PS I think one of my favorite parts of the show was how Barney's gun was never loaded and he carried a single bullet in his front pocket. He loaded his gun once and got so nervous he almost shot himself in the foot when he holstered it. Big laughs.

18. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Hey where is the video clip,if you post it please keep it on so everyone can see it.

19. AllenK

AllenK

I watched part of that movie last night. It's a great one,and it was filmed a few hours north of me in Piggott,Arkansas. Dang Lee Remick was smoking hot too! Andy was a great actor for sure!

The Andy Griffith show really is a portrait of what it's like to grow up in the South,and especially back in the day when it was filmed. The South may have had/has it's problems,but it's a wonderful place to grow up and live in for the most part.