Register now to get rid of these ads!

deuce grille on my 31 5 window

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Rjbeattiejrf150, Jul 3, 2012.

1. ok i know it cant be that difficult, but i hae read a lot of stuff about it. I want to put 32 grille on my 31 so i can hide the a/c condenser, what do i have to do to replace my stock 31 grille, with a 32 grill with stainless insert, not really concerned about the hood fit, i am gonna change it too just a smooth top, 1 piece, thanks Yall in advance

2. HotRod31

HotRod31

Why not save youself the trouble and just put a stainless steel woven mesh in the 31 shell ?

Attached Files:

3. cayager

cayager

i had a 31 with a 32 shell and grill. it will bolt on but you need to change a couple of things. the hood can be bought for a 31 with a 32 shell. the headlight bar if i remember correctly i had to heat and bend it to contour around the shell, not much but had to be done. and the splash apron had to be reworked to fit the 32 shell. the 31 is flat while the 32 sticks out in the middle. they may make one of those also but im not sure about that i think i pieced two of those together

4. mobile chicane

mobile chicane

Mesure, measure, measure. I was told that i needed a 2 1/2 inch chopped radiator to run a '32 shell on my '31. In my case I did not so if you need a brand new Walker '32 radiator and condenser 2 1/2 inches shorter than normal let me know.

5. i lie that stainless, i'm thinkin i might do 1/2 stainless expanded metal, and keep my 31 grille, thanks Yall