Register now to get rid of these ads!

roll call---goodguys des monies iowa

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ems customer service, Jun 15, 2012.

1. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

Hey Todd, are you bringing the Buick?

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

2. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Hey Kyle! No, not bringing the Buick, unfortunately. Hoping to have lots more done to it by next year, though.

3. gassercrazy41

gassercrazy41

You have a booth this year or not Todd? I know they wanted a small fortune for one last year!

Sent from my iPhone using TJJ app

4. das858

das858

We'll be heading to Des Monies with three other cars from Lincoln at 6:00 a.m. Friday morning, looking forward to it.

5. KIRK!

KIRK!

On the plane at 6am West Coast time. Be there about 2pm IA time. Can't wait!

6. redzula

redzula

Out of town for work on Friday but planning on the whole day sat. Look for the red 67 camaro convert (I know but it all I got that is drive able) lookin forward to meeting a few of you. Oh and bring water it's gonna be HOT.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2012
  7. redzula

redzula

Hope to have a little vacation time to do that cruise next year. Though with a 18 mo old by then plans might change ha ha

8. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

I wish I could afford a booth, Kyle! The price for a 10x10 is ridiculous! But, its the only show I get to go to where I can just hang out and enjoy the show!

9. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

anyone else doin the poker run tommorow ?

10. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

I have to work Friday but will be at the Show Saturday and Sunday.

See you fella's at the meet and greet at 1:00 pm Saturday on the Ad Min Building porch right by the Pepsi clock corner.

The porch on the North side of the Administrative building. This is the brick building on the main drag that has a porch that wraps completely around it.

Cob

11. modelamac

modelamac

Anybody Need a Hotel Room for Friday & Saturday.... I have one with 2 double beds at the Econo Lodge that is right out side the gate of the fairgrounds.

we had a couple cancel.... PM if you know anyone interested!!!!

12. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

13. Roadsir

Roadsir

Leaving at 6:30 am with the Roadster.....gonna be a hot one!

14. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

Wont be making it after all. family emergency. Looks like I'll have to wait till next year for the DesMoines to Colombus cruise..

15. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

16. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

17. corncobcoupe

corncobcoupe
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

BTTT meet and greet at 1:00 PM. at the Administration building porch

Read this whole post for where the administration building is.

18. Bull

Bull

Great weekend despite the heat, rain and some road damage to my roadster and teardrop on the way down. Somehow managed to take the Suede & Chrome award with my roadster as well!

Teardrop carnage (not pictured is the big scuff/crack on the side of the roadster):
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Heck of a storm Friday just after getting camp set up. Trying to keep the interior of the roadster dry was a lost cause. Thanks to the RV trailer's canopy for keeping us mostly dry and saving us from some pretty big branches that fell right on top of where we were all standing.
    [​IMG]

Red neck slip & slide. About 85 ft of fun. Great way to beat the heat in the campground!
    [​IMG]

The highlight of the weekend for me. Can't believe my little roadster was selected by KIRK for the Suede & Chrome award!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Roadsir

Roadsir

What in the hell did you hit??

Teardrop carnage (not pictured is the big scuff/crack on the side of the roadster):

Well deserved!

The highlight of the weekend for me. Can't believe my little roadster was selected by KIRK for the Suede & Chrome award!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][/QUOTE]

20. dirtbag13

dirtbag13

congrats adam , well deserved and great seeing you this weekend !

21. Bull

Bull

Vehicle in front of me threw up a semi-truck tire re-tread. Insurance company is looking at the car and trailer tomorrow. At least no one got hurt and it didn't wreck the weekend.

22. KIRK!

KIRK!

Yep, well deserved. It's cool that it turned out to be a HAMBer. See you in Columbus.

23. redzula

redzula

Hope you all made it to Ohio alright. It was good to meet some of you guys last weekend been pretty busy around here so I'm just posting now. Saw quite a few cars I recognize from the hamb hope everybody had fun and stayed cool. And have fun in Ohio hopefully I can make that cruise sometime in the next few years.