Register now to get rid of these ads!

105° outside

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by henry29, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Its been in the 100s here for 2 weeks and today it is 96 and a breeze that is not a 100degrees.

I go out to the shop about 6:00 AM and come in about 1:00 PM. Its not even August yet!!!!!!

Lee

2. outlaw256

outlaw256

ive been in the south most of my life.and i hate summer. the humidity is so damn high that you can cut it with a knife.anytrhing over 90 with the humidity is torture for me and my son.hes redheaded and light skinned.he can french frie just sitting in the shade.and for the first month or so of high heat numbers and i get the runs so bad i cant hardly leave the house. next winter im putting in a bathroom out in that damn shop. im afraid i wont be able to run to the house fast enough.

3. The weather forecast for here calls for 105 tomorrow and Saturday,,this ain't normal for this area. :eek:

As far as dealing with the heat,,If I work on any of my cars this weekend I do have air in the shop but I'll have to turn it on early. HRP

4. Patrick46

Patrick46

It's in the 60's and slightly overcast here. (think I'm gonna go mow the lawn) :cool:

it rarely get's into the 90's in the heat of summer here on the coast, and it snows maybe 1 day every 5 years or so.

but we have to deal with rain and rust.

it's all give and take in my book.

5. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

It's 113 in Vegas but I have an attached garage with a door into the house so it cools down the garage. And I'm sure you have all heard "It's a dry heat."

6. bill s preston esq

bill s preston esq

before each season, one of the local weathermen gives his extended 3 month trend forecast. less than a month ago, this clown said that, due to weather patterns this year, there would be no 100+ days this summer.

it's 104 right now and will be close to that the next 4 days. summer just started.

guess which one is the weather man? no, the other guy isn't me.

[​IMG]

7. ironpile

ironpile

Ah yes,I remember Phx in the summer,I could hack it up to 105.Then it was time to come in.My job was in an ac`d shop so that wasnt too bad. CRS moment,had a swamp cooler in my garage,worked great except during monsoon season.Now in Il ,stay inside a lot.:D

8. xmacx

xmacx
    from illinois

I work out in it everyday at Firestone But I have that chicago breeze on my side haha.

9. My daughter is down there now and just texted me a picture of the weather report, she said she might just burn up..lol

10. Its nice up here in the mountains!

11. 105 here also. Time to enjoy the A/C.

12. knotheads

knotheads

106 degrees here at 2:30 pm i am sticking pretty close to the computer and air conditioning till the sun goes down.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Here too. We've had it easy up until this point, I figured when it made it to us it'd be a scorcher.

14. Isn't any better in Dallas.

15. fordfan289

fordfan289
    from indiana

Both my sons were bailing straw today 106 outside 113 in the barn. Must be tougher than me and motivated for some car money.

16. Larry T

Larry T

108 yesterday, 106 today. But I really haven't heard anyone complaining about it. I guess they still remember last year when we had 100 straight days of 100+ temperature.

17. "T'RANTULA"

"T'RANTULA"
    from Ohio

Its 102 here in ohio, I got a bucket of water I dunk my head in to stay cool. I also drink plenty of cold gatorade! But I mostly work early and late to avoid the heat..

18. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

At 106 degrees here you either have to be in the A/C or in the water. Summer sucks, I get a lot more done in the winter.

19. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

That's like Hell on Earth.......I can see a couple of days over 100, but.....
    That's beyond dangerous....honestly, I can't even comprehend what that would be like.....

20. Carnuba

Carnuba
    BANNED

Place an easy-up where you're working and get an early start

21. We get 4 months straight of 100+ temperatures every year around these parts.

[​IMG]

22. henry29

henry29

It's still 106° at 6:00 here it's even hotter in the barn, guess I won't get much done today.

23. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Man, you guys are some tough customers...
    I suspect some of you have this kind of heat...then some humidity, and if that's not enough to turn you to drinkin', then I suspect you get some snow in the winter, just to really screw with ya.....
    sheeeeit....

24. big duece

big duece
    from kansas

or topless car wash...

25. Kramer

Kramer

75 wonderful degrees in this part of the Pacific Northwest. Now come late July and August, and that will be a different story.

26. Hell, it broke 60 here today, it was like 62 or 63.... friggin' heat wave for us....

Low tonite should be 55 or so.

27. henry29

henry29

I can't imagine what late July and August is going to be like around here.

28. groundpounder

groundpounder
    Member Emeritus

Hell.... with weather like this.....need to be wet sanding!!...think of the time you'd save without using the bucket of water!!.....LOL:D

29. Dog Dish Deluxe

Dog Dish Deluxe
    BANNED
    from MO.

I hate snow but I'll take cold over hot any day of the week.

30. Larry T

Larry T

Not me, I don't like it like this, but it's better than teens.