Register now to get rid of these ads!

455 Olds Duel Exhaust

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 35mastr, Jun 25, 2012.

1. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I cant seem to find the down pipes. I have the duel exhaust manifolds. Any one know a good source. I want to fire the Hudson. But would like to at least have the down pipes on to break in the cam.

Both the maifolds look like this.

Thanks in advance...

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  2. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

Hi George, long time no talk. :D Ok, so you have the exhaust manifolds, but you need the pipes that come down off of them ? Are you thinking there are some readily available ones that will fit, even though the motor is in the Hudson ? I would think any muffler shop could whip up a couple of temporary short pipes that would have the correct flair to work, or am I missing something.

Don

3. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

Yes,The down pipes that come off the mainfolds. Got plenty of room for the pipes. I thought I may be able to just buy the down pipes.

4. 35mastr

35mastr
    from Norcal

I seen those. My manifolds dont dump down. They dump back. If that makes any sense.

5. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

George, generally the headpipes have a flair that is shaped like a tuba bell and muffler shops have a machine that can form those. All you would have to do is take your manifolds to them with a mockup of what you need and they can form them for you. I have used even a wire bent in the shape I need and they make it from that. It wouldn't be your final pipes but enough to fire the motor and get the exhaust out of the motor room.

Don