Register now to get rid of these ads!

Y Block Hoarders Identify yourselves !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Blue One, Apr 11, 2012.

1. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

2. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Man your ramhorns are slick...mine look like golf balls there are so many pits.

4. WhiteZombie

WhiteZombie
    from Denton TX

Am I dreaming or was there a McCullough VS-57 setup for 3x2's? I could have sworn I saw a pic the other day while surfing around but now I can't find it.

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

6. BIG-BRO

BIG-BRO

My name is Paul, and I am Y-Block Hoarder. Parts are too spread out to take pics, but I am in process of packing up my garage to move after being in same placae for 29 years..... so, I'll probably find more parts !
    I have the stock 272 that came out of my 1956 Customline, along with several parted out 292's that I took 4-bbl and dual exhaust off of.
    Of course, I've kept every different mount, engine accesory, etc "just in case" That will be the scary part to pile up in one place how many starters, etc I might have.
    And a nice new rebuilt 312 sitting here in my ofice that will end up in there "some day".
    Along the way have accumulated a few 2x4 manifolds (one factory, one Edelbrock, and an assortment of carbs) so I have options when I get to that point ! A few different finned large over 2x4 air cleaners to adapt, and of course finned Tbird valve covers, and finned valley cover to dress it all up !:)

7. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

im not a hoarder...just ended up with one...if someone close to tulsa needs a bare block $50....

8. Yep!....Especially when Tim gets his grubby little hands on one;) Kinda brings a tear to the eye

9. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I know, :) That's why he is finishing up one for me right now for my 26 RPU. :)

10. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Do any of you guys know anything about this intake set up...who makes/made it and if its still available? I would love to add one to my collection of Y-block goodies.

I found the pic on google image. It takes you to an Australian web site but the intake isn't listed there. They do have a dual 6x2 intake on the site for sale. I have included a link to there site and a pic of the 6x2. But mainly I would like info on the fuel injection setup.

http://kustoms.com.au/osc/index.php?cPath=22

Attached Files:

11. ynottayblock

ynottayblock

Kage, good find. I had been looking for who made that 6x2 intake for awhile.

12. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

No problem. The guy who owns that site is a HAMB member. his handle is Choppa

I just shot him an email about the other intake. If i get anymore info on it I will post it here.

13. I need to have one!

14. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

There is an injection setup just like the one in your pic in post#37 of this same thread. It was made by Algon.

15. Don Martin

Don Martin
    from West Tenn

I have 11 or 12 on a trailer saved from the scrapyard.

16. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

The one in post 37 is not the same as the one i posted.
    the 1one in Post 3737 is very similar to a hilborn setup. The one i posted the stackes are angled and you can see where they have been bolted to a laser cut intake flange.

17. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Below is the pic from post 37 and my post above. There is a big difference between the 2. They are not the same...sorry. I'm not trying to be rude. I went threw this thread to make sure that that intake had not been posted on here.

Attached Files:

18. Kage

Kage
    from Delano, TN

Which one...the FI set up or the 6 carb set up? they are both cool.

19. 28chevrat

28chevrat

3x2 Edelbrock Intake
    thunderbird Valve covers
    bunch of y block extra parts 312 crank

20. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

My new engine by Tim as it sits now before the run in and of course it will be dressed with other goodies I have collected :)

Attached Files:

21. Looks nice. Make sure and get some tasty run videos :D

22. Not as exotic as some, but here are a few photos of some of my Y-Block “collection” (It’s not hoarding I tell you!)
    This engine is for my 63 F100 Long Uni “Ranger Clone”. 573 Edelbrock with three large logo 97's re-built by Uncle Max.
    [​IMG]
    These will go on the Y-Block (under construction) for my 63 F100 Long Crew Cab. Haven't decided on the build as of yet, probably will at least have some McMaster's large valve heads and possibly a Mummert stroker kit.
    [​IMG]
    Here’s the “stock” Y-Block (except for headers with Smithy’s) in my 63 F250 shop truck
    [​IMG]
    I also have three (or four) hopefully rebuildable 292 truck engines for future use (?). Negotiating on a couple of 312 cores and a 312 crank turned down for a 292.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  23. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

Thanks, Tim said he will be posting a video. I will also be getting a copy and some build pictures when I pick it up.

I guess this ups my "hoarder" status ;) As I will have this one for my RPU and also the 312 that I am using for mockup, and another 292 as well.

24. Definately the FI set up

25. King Karl

King Karl
    from N.C.

Ok then. Simmer down... :D
    I didn't look closely enough to your original image. That's my bad.
    Good luck on finding the one you want.

26. Here ya go!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bjhkdjN4RSs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

27. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

I'm stoked it sounds good. My RPU is gonna sound so nice :D

Last edited: Jun 30, 2012
  28. Blue One

Blue One
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Alberta

A bump for anyone who hasn't heard the awesome engine Tim built me :D

29. Not really hoarding, yet. But collecting for the coupster. I think the pic shows an after moving the front x-mem to keep what little foot room you have in a '29.
    I have acquired a few '62 exhaust manifolds, right side outlet ear broke, a set of '55 or 6 t-bird ex manifolds, not broke, extra stock valve covers, so none of the good stuff, but still looking for the dress-up items.
    RB

Attached Files:

30. Here's a few of my parts assembled and installed. :D

[​IMG]

RB how's the fire wall clearance on your dizzy?
    [​IMG]