Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Billetproof 2012 Chehalis, Wash pics (The Wet Side Pictures!)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rob-redm, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Yes it's Washington and Yes it rained !!! But still had a great time.. Drove the 35 Ford down and back from Tacoma.. Hell I even made the drive back down in my OT wagon for the cruise ( that was fun !) It was great meeting Jack (Hotrod32) and his wife Nancy .. Here is some pictures I shot enjoy ! Allen sorry the weather didn't cooperate this year but I had fun ! :D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. round two !!! with the cruise !

Attached Files:

3. the last ! Also many thanks to Allen and the whole crew who put on the Billetproof shows nation wide.... ! Cheers !

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  4. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Looks like wet fun! I used to work up there in the summers and take the Plymouth every year. Stayed at the Olympic club a bunch and miss it badly, and I'd trade a bit of rain today for the 110 it's supposed to be here!
    I have been talking to Brad King "hotrod 49" who is up there from CA in his '49 Chevy pickup all week and it sounds like a good time... Enjoy the cool!

5. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thanks, I hated to miss that one but it wasn't in the cards this year. It looks like the livestock barns got put to good use though.

6. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Thanks for posting.

7. Too bad the weather did not cooperate this year. Looks like a few hardy souls turned out,
    however. Thanks for the pics....

8. I may have few still oh ! here ya go ! Rain !! what rain ?

Attached Files:

9. The_Monster

The_Monster

Well, it finally live up to its name... The Washington Wash-out!!

It was a great time like always. Not as many vendors or cars, but it was really nice to see the ones that braved the weather. There was roadsters with soaked bench seats, gassers, pie-crust slicks, cars/trucks with no windows. Or if they did, the wipers were poor. There should of been a Rain-X, Fog-X vender there!! One rod had a clear sheet of plastic tarp bungied down over the roof to try and keep him dry! The people that actually drove their cars to this show were the true NW enthusists, not phased by our rain. This was the first year out of five that I didnt get a sun burn! haha!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. I was bummed I could not make it this year. I was pre reged and two weeks ago my gull bladder decided it wanted to be removed. Up here in Canada once you have an operation you have to wait 90 days before you can buy out of country medical insurance. Lets hope next year is a go.

11. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

One more wet & happy participant at this years Billetproof show.

The weather man called for a 60% chance of showers. Showers we had. And in-between the showers we were treated to light misty rain. The kind of heavy mist that can soak your coat just as fast as a down pour. The kind of mist that makes road spray 10 times more intense. The kind of cloud cover that is a solid bright grey. Combine the mist, road spray and bright even lighting and you've got one hell of a mess to drive through.

I'm personally stoked to be apart of a show where so many hardy souls braved the rainy day and met at the fair grounds. Guys and Gals who drive and build their machines are very cool and the ones who drive in the rain are even cooler.

I saw lots of cars pull up with just the front windshield, drivers with wet faces, interiors discolored by the moisture and gauges jeweled w/ water drops. I heard squishy shoes, umbrellas opening and hard rain on the metal roof. I smelled moist dirt, damp carpet, rich exhaust and pin-up girl perfume. It was easy to see that all who showed up to this event were slightly bumbed about the weather. Yet it was like a right of passage, a saddistic pleasure in saying "I made it".

My folks drove their blue '64 Merc and I (and my bro) drove my '62 Ranch. This was the first long trip for my new motor...it was DANDY. Over the past few months I have been patching interior leaks. Half way up to Chehalis I had 3" of water on the floor boards. I guess I missed a few of them leaks. It was like an indoor swimming pool. Foggy windows, humid....sloshy! My vac. wipers were not up to the task and the road spray made certain sections of the drive very interesting. But I'm not complaining. I enjoyed the suffering and the wet comradery of the "I made it" crowd.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 28, 2012
  12. Hey Drop Out,

I passed you guys on the road to the show. I was driving the grey '35 Chevy. It looked like it was a bit humid inside the Ranchero. I haven't seen windows that fogged up since high school! I feel you pain, I have been chasing a stubborn leak inside the Chevy for a while. Not as bad as yours apparently, but I did get my passenger side floor mat washed by Mother Nature.

Here are some more pics. The computer is being finicky about which ones it wants to upload. I'll try some more in a minute.

Attached Files:

13. Here's some more photos, I hope.

Attached Files:

14. Still giving me problems. Last try for now.

Attached Files:

15. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

LMAO!! Hey 37. You were moving right along! I didnt get a chance to catch you at your car. My brother road w/ me because his 53 is getting treated to a new inline 235. He was the fog buster.

Next time I go anywhere, I'm soaking thoes windows with FOG-X.

Maybe I'll see you at the next HAMB breakfast. Thanks for the photos.

16. The_DropOut

The_DropOut

Here are some action shots. I'd love to see action shots from other drivers too.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2012
  17. you need to invest in some Rain-X , worked great on my 35 in the rain(and other OT and classic cars I have had)... LOL

18. 36fred

36fred

Even with the rain we had a great time. It was my grandsons first event, we just finished his 52 chevy 5 window p/u for his 16th, it's his daily school ride.

19. You weren't looking very hard...we were parked in the same barn! I did spend quite a bit of time in the next barn over looking at the '37 Chrysler coupe that had been made into a wicked gasser.

20. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Looks like fun. Quite a bit of massaging on that little purple T engine block...

21. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

Thanks for the post Rod...was good meeting you and Jeff...as you said rain?...what rain?

22. drunkenmonkz

drunkenmonkz

just wanted to say a big thanks to the slo-pokes for hosting the event!
    we had a great time despite the lack of sunburns. the grey sky helped with the sat. morning hangovers... a bit Bummed it wasn't as big as years past but big props to the tougher souls that made it out this year. we rolled out early but hopefully the weather cleared up for ya'all later in the afternoon. Oh man, we got hammered by mother nature while on the way back to Portland, fortunately don't have to punch drain holes in the BSA and our choppers looked way cooler with cut water jugs zip tied to the forks for fenders:rolleyes:!!
    thanks again to everyone that busted their ass to make it happen.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2012
  23. drunkenmonkz

drunkenmonkz

sorry bout no pics on previous post. cant get the compooter to co-operate w/me for the pics..

24. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

Anyone have more info on this car?

Attached Files:

25. 1971BB427

1971BB427
    from Oregon

That's the car our club picked at the Rose City Roundup as "best performance car". Owner said it's the real deal. A 60's gasser that used to be Dodge powered, and later changed to a 401 Buick nailhead.
    Very cool ride!

26. patch

patch

YES !!! Terry Kong's awesome custom ... not a clone folks ~ it's the real deal !

Attached Files:

27. lol !!! :d

28. couverkid

couverkid

Old drag car owned by mike Thompson. Hamb name thompson speed shop.

29. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA

30. greaseyknight

greaseyknight
    from Burley WA