Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model Car Sunday 6/24/12

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Old Sprinter, Jun 24, 2012.

1. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

I'll start this off this week. Here's a scratch built 1/8 scale sprinter I just completed.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 24, 2012
  2. Tweed Deluxe

Tweed Deluxe
    from England

Better pics of my entry for the last build off.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zibo

zibo
    from dago ca

Here's one my kid Jaxon did last week.
    [​IMG]
    I came home one day and he had cut the top off!
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    He took a flathead from another model and jammed it in there.
    [​IMG]
    Pretty cool for a 12 year old!

[​IMG]
    I hacked together this one a month or so ago.
    These things take alot of time!
    I didn't do an engine, interior or bodywork after my patience ran out!

TP

4. Chopped 66 Bug

Chopped 66 Bug

Mickey Thompson Challenger I
    An old Revell kit. Base is scored piece of sheet plastic with white paint drysprayed onto it to give it a lot of surface grain/texture. Tire track sprayed on with my airbrush.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mike

5. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

As a big fan of 1/8th scale, your builds are just so cool. But I don't think most folks here realize how big they are. Could you tease them with some dimensions? For instance, the average 6ft person is 9" tall in 1/8th scale! And where the heck do you put them all? Gary

6. Now that summer is here i sort of stalled on the AWB Gasser Nova build but here is the latest progress.........keep in mind this is a 1:18th diecast metal. The mods are tough working with metal and the Nova 1;18th never came with a tilt front so two cars had to be donated for this build.......if it gets too hot around here I will try to finish this lil beast up for a complete pic build.

http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/Chevygassermadness/001-6.jpg[/I

[IMG]http://i574.photobucket.com/albums/ss181/Chevygassermadness/004-8.jpg

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. miwi

miwi
    from Germany

I had started with my Revell's '48 Coupe. It will get only minor modifications like Replicas Miniature's carb distributor & Sudebaker taillights and Model Car Garage Sharp heads. I also added some some belt lines made out of half round profiles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. unkamort

unkamort

"Now that summer is here i sort of stalled on the AWB Gasser Nova build but here is the latest progress.........keep in mind this is a 1:18th diecast metal. The mods are tough working with metal and the Nova 1;18th never came with a tilt front so two cars had to be donated for this build.......if it gets too hot around here I will try to finish this lil beast up for a complete pic build."

too bad its' not 1:24... I did a nice set of doors for a project that never went anywhere and could use a good home

Attached Files:

9. Old Sprinter

Old Sprinter

Thanks Gary; these sprinters are about 19" long, 10" wide and 7" tall. They take up a TV tray. I have kept several but I make these for guys involved in the sport, back in Indiana or give them to grandkids. I admire those here that build the 1/24 scale because I can't do it that small. Ken

10. Dr.Kerry

Dr.Kerry

Nice build Jaxon!!!!!!! Great to see kids involved in the hobby!!!!!

11. Ed "Axle" II

Ed "Axle" II
    from Evans,CO

I miss out getting any thing done this week maybe next week looks good every one

12. Sauli

Sauli

Wow!!! I´m impressed! I´ve never heard of modifying a die-cast model to this extent. Looks to me You´ve moved Your rear wheel-arches forward? How exactly would You go about cutting and adjoining larger sections of the body such as quarter panels like that?
    I´ve heard of chrome platers filling in pitting and other various types of surface imperfections on zinc-alloy (pot metal) 1:1 car trim pieces by way of silver soldering, but how would You go about making a strong joint on a whole section like that? Some kind of lap joint and brazing on the inside...(?)
    Interesting project, for sure. Thanks for posting.

13. 46stude

46stude

I did this one for the last Build-Off for our social group here on the HAMB:

Attached Files:

• 32d.jpg
      32d.jpg
      File size:
      103.7 KB
      Views:
    • 32c.jpg
      32c.jpg
      File size:
      96.6 KB
      Views:
  14. Thought I'd post this here, "kiwijeff" is a friend and thought he and you other model builders would get a kick out of it.

Cool find in some 60's car model boxes I picked up. One box was full of directions for many different car models of that time, plus this entry form. Sorry for the quality of the pic, hard to photo in the frame I put it in.

[​IMG]