Register now to get rid of these ads!

We need your Help....WAAAM

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by splitnrag, Apr 26, 2012.

1. I'm looking for as many folks as I can get to help get the word out about the Western Antique Air and Automobiles first Annual WAAAM Traffic Jam.

I have posted it on the calendar but looking for motivated individuals that could help cover some car shows by passing out fliers. I know this is a long shot but this is for a non-profit living museum that we are focused on educating the public. The WAAAM Traffic Jam is a benefit for the museum. I live in Pasco, WA and doing the show planning from a distance with the help of TrashedandHammered. So far we have fantastic support and help built in but I need to be able to cover some in the NW.

So any H.A.M.B. posters willing to help both with fliers and advertising at local club meetings and or via craigslist?

We met a lot of you at the PDX Swapmeet and appreciate all of the support. If you haven't seen the museum you are seriously missing out.

We are looking for planning volunteers for several commitees as well as participating the day of. So I look forward to hearing from you. Thanks

Glenn

The First Annual WAAAM Traffic Jam: Hood River, Oregon

Cruise Friday night to a get together TBD show Saturday. $25 entry fee with 2 passes to WAAAM (Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum) included. The cruise and get together will be Friday evening however if you come and register anytime Friday you can tour the museum Friday and Saturday.

Come see some great cars, great airplanes and enjoy the day with the WAAAM crew.

Tentative activities will include head to head Model T teams racing the clock and each other to build and drive a Model T in 5 minutes or less, glider rides (additional), vintage planes out and flying (weather permitting) tours of the museum, great food, Sponsor trophies, live music and fun, games and activities for everyone. This is absolutely a gathering for all car enthusiasts young and old. So join us for one of the most unique car shows in the Northwest and end the show season with a bang.

A little history on WAAAM:
    Check us out at http://www.waaamuseum.org/ or on Facebook and our iPhone App.

and see the information posted in the calendar. Thanks

2. Mike51Merc

Mike51Merc

Wake me up before you go, go...

3. I thought the lyrics were "Wake me up before you go .... Joe". LOL Wrong Wham....

Western Antique Aeroplane and Automobile Museum = WAAAM

4. I'm still looking for supporting help if anyone is willing. I need to get fliers out to as many shows and groups as possible, I need someone to head up a swap area for the event, I need help obtaining donations etc....so if you want to be a part of an awesome show and something that will have the potential to go large then please contact me. Thanks

[​IMG]

5. That's funny. I just stumbled on to this Museum On a Mother's day drive. 95,000 sq.ft. of planes, cars, motorcycles, bikes, and way more. I was told they all fly or drive.

Attached Files:

6. We now have 136 cars, 77 aircraft and 75 motorcycles and a whole bunch more. 95% ride fly and drive. We took the 1912 Indian to Portland to promote the museum, the car show and the airshow that will be fired up again in August. I met the owner of the bike and he was a hoot.

This past weekend several airplanes took to the sky for our Second Saturday event (something we do ever month) however this was a dedication ceremony deal for Mary Hill Winery.

In addition the the collection we have a antiques, historical items lots of military vehicles, a gun collect and much much more. It's a great place to go and glad you found it. We have been actively getting the word our and increasing our number of patrons. This is the 5th year of the Museum and we are a 501c3 organization so it is volunteer/member ran. It's my home away from home.

We are certainly glad you found us. Would you be willing to help spread the word by passing out fliers at any shows you go to? If so let me know I would send you a batch and appreciate any help we can get. Thanks for stopping in and hope to see you at the Traffic Jam.

Another member on here that is actively helping out is Trashed & Hammered

Look forward to meeting you.

7. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

8. Our plane count has increased over 81 aircraft, even a Reno Air Racer is sitting in the museum. What better place to hang out and enjoy bikes, cars and planes? We sure could use some additional support and help getting things going for this years' event.

We need the following:

1) Swap Area Coordinator
    2) Pinstriping Coordinator - Organize the panel jam
    3) Kids Activities
    4) Adult Activities
    5) Advertising Opprotunities/Flyer's to pass out etc...
    6) Donation team

These are our top items but can use help everywhere. That being said please email me at [email protected] if you either are planning on attending and or willing to give a hand. Thanks

9. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

10. Trashed & Hammered

Trashed & Hammered
    from HR,Oregon

BTTT

Volunteers from the Northwest needed Badly!!!!
    See above!!!! Come on guys give us a hand!
    Let's show the WAAAM what the HAMB is made of !!!

11. Coming up in a few weeks ;)

12. april may

april may

This weekend, see ya there!